Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looptunes ... done

Hi all,

I am hereby announcing that I'm phasing out Looptunes, and it's flavors LooptunesHD and LooptunesDJ.
Some of you may know that I started a job at Apple in the music apps team earlier this year. I couldn't be happier there, but I'm not allowed to do major updates of looptunes anymore.
It's been a good run, was a ton of fun, but it's time to put it to rest.
I just adjusted all the Looptunes version prices to $0.99, and I'll keep selling it till the end of the year.
After that, I'll take it off the App store, unless someone takes it off my hands and takes it to the next level.

Peter

Comments

• Bummer for me, Peter. But... good luck to you.

• @sonicreef Many thanks for this information!
    Other developers should be such informative as you.

Sadly, when the Apps are gone from the App Store, we will not be able to install them anymore.

Then, it is totally frightening that Apple does not not allow you / its employees to continue other projects!

In summary, Apple is such a shit, that i cannot find words.
    I hope you can find your luck!

• Congratulations!

• Congrats!

Looking forward to new cool stuff from the fruit-factory :)

• Another one.

Funny how this situation with Apple makes the concept of a black hole in the universe all the more simple to comprehend.

This is all going to turn in itself.

Apple.

Apps.

Developers

Innovation.

Platforms.

Thank God for new performance based hardware.

• Well , I hope someone will takeover , it has much potential.
    Have a nice time @sonicreef

• This was my fave app for a while

Until Peter told me several months ago he got the Apple gig.

Heartbreak.

• @sonicreef said:
    Hi all,

I am hereby announcing that I'm phasing out Looptunes, and it's flavors LooptunesHD and LooptunesDJ.
    Some of you may know that I started a job at Apple in the music apps team earlier this year. I couldn't be happier there, but I'm not allowed to do major updates of looptunes anymore.
    I just adjusted all the Looptunes version prices to $0.99, and I'll keep selling it till the end of the year.
    After that, I'll take it off the App store, unless someone takes it off my hands and takes it to the next level.

Peter

Thanks for the info and sad to hear.
    The only thing I ask myself are you stopping with paying for your dev license over 2 months. What I understood your app will in that case (so after 31 december) also not available anymore for people that purchased the app. So as soon as you switch phones or iPad it is not available anymore. This is very very sad news for the people that purchased it.

• Clever talent factory for Apple of course...

• Lets hope some of your amazing ideas emerge in Garageband like Alchemy history... don't forget to tell them midi controllers are still something in 2018 (I hate not having control in Live Loops like any Looptunes user had over this time)

So congrats and I wish you the best Sir!

• @greengrocer said:

@sonicreef said:
    Hi all,

Peter

The only thing I ask myself are you stopping with paying for your dev license over 2 months. What I understood your app will in that case (so after 31 december) also not available anymore for people that purchased the app. So as soon as you switch phones or iPad it is not available anymore. This is very very sad news for the people that purchased it.

You can always back up the .ipa file while available. Search online for how to do it.
    The really sad news is that the issues have not been fixed since March and apparently won't ever be.

• so is this what's happened to Samplr?

• Bittersweet... Looptunes HAD is a really underrated app in these parts (and elsewhere I'd guess). Best of luck, Peter--and know that you brought some fun music making to the world. Keep bringing it with Apple!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Bittersweet... Looptunes HAD is a really underrated app in these parts (and elsewhere I'd guess). Best of luck, Peter--and know that you brought some fun music making to the world. Keep bringing it with Apple!

ditto to this... we lost a good one, not many know that he was one of the non-ios mpc devs as well

• Maybe it is good for all of us to have someone very aware of our ecosystem working directly for Apple

• I'd agree if apple would let Marcos Alonso update Samplr.... if they wanted to be good to the iOS platform they'd allow developers to be free to run their apps.

• @cuscolima said:
    Maybe it is good for all of us to have someone very aware of our ecosystem working directly for Apple

@sonicreef can be our mole inside the monolith- posting here under a cover name
    (Burn after reading)

• edited October 2018

@rs2000 said:

@greengrocer said:

@sonicreef said:
    Hi all,

Peter

You can always back up the .ipa file while available. Search online for how to do it.
    The really sad news is that the issues have not been fixed since March and apparently won't ever be.

What I think is totally not understandable for me is how the dev stull dares to ask money for an app that will also disappear even from your putchased app list. Why not make them free for the last two and half months they exist. Curious if Peter also puts this info in the Apple store. I believe a great group of purchasers will be people who think the app is reduced in price. Making de dev extra bucks of fooling people by an app that disappears forever. Trickey business in my eyes.

• Peter,
    Thank you for bringing a great app to market, and best of luck in the future.

• @greengrocer said:

>

What I think is totally not understandable for me is how the dev stull dares to ask money for an app that will also disappear even from your putchased app list. Why not make them free for the last two and half months they exist. Curious if Peter also puts this info in the Apple store. I believe a great group of purchasers will be people who think the app is reduced in price. Making de dev extra bucks of fooling people by an app that disappears forever. Trickey business in my eyes.

Well, I assume that it will still exist on my iPad until the next iOS update breaks it forever, right?

• @ALB said:

@greengrocer said:

>

Well, I assume that it will still exist on my iPad until the next iOS update breaks it forever, right?

Yes, and you do have the chance to prepare because Peter at least showed some responsibility in officially announcing his plans in advance.

• Send my regards to Tim Cook and please tell him that we are getting fed up with how Spotify is hundreds of times better than Apple Music :p

• Looptunes DJ looks like the most featured one here and looks useful even if it gets no more development. Are there any outstanding issues/ bugs with the app?

• @greengrocer said:

@rs2000 said:

@greengrocer said:

@sonicreef said:
    Hi all,

Peter

The Nanostudio dev done the same reducing price and some of us bought it in a breath. With clear comunication there is no harm. My iPhone 4 is a file vault.

• I think the app description should be updated though to show that support is being dropped. :)

• More dead software in the app store, such a stable eco system.

• Get over it! If that’s the biggest issue in your life (as it seems to be) then consider yourself blessed. ;)

• Let’s not get it twisted fam B)

• @anickt congrats to a (hopefully) great job opportunity :+1:
    A much reduced charge is cool... and also common in many kinds of business.

• @Telefunky said:
    @anickt congrats to a (hopefully) great job opportunity :+1:
    A much reduced charge is cool... and also common in many kinds of business.

Not my job but thanks! :D