Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best ipad compatible audio usb interface with at least 6 outs is....?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2018

tbh I'm seriously pulled off by their product policy and have no interest in communication.
    Which even more prooves that the iCA4+ is a good interface for it's price - otherwise I'd either sell or trash it ;)

It has this tiny flaw - which may well exist with other interfaces, too.

(to test/verify this with a single device is a serious challenge and who would anyway ?)
    I used 2 digitally synced DAWs for measuring and slipped the IOS controlled iCA4+ into the path, replacing a Rocktron Intellifex (on the 'Bypass' preset where all processing is off, but the signal still runs through the processor).

Don't misunderstand the phase accuracy statement: it's NOT about sound 'phasing' like that effect at milliseconds displacement.
    The response of the chain is frequency dependent. Simplified: it's either highs or lows that dip, but never both. Those 'time effects' are in a range of 4 samples, 1/10th of a millisecond.

You might well say: who gives a shit about THAT - which is what iConnectivity probably do.
    On a budget you have to make some sacrifices in technology.
    As far as I'm concerned I really like the functionality of the iCA4+.
    But I hate the fact they never made a proper control panel and likely NEVER will.
    That would be much more appreciated than improved channel specs.

ps just in case: I'm not nuts or geeky and didn't look for this flaw at all.
    It only happened to show up during the usual procedure to check the time of external processing. Which is a snap normally, but failed with the iCA.

• I just prefer my apogee duet pre’s when recording vocals, hell even my zoom h6 is better to me, but it’s all opinion and taste at the end.