Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster Player - AUv3 support??

Comments

• What a surprise! The AU seems easier on the CPU too. :)
    Does anyone know how much disk space the $7 upgrade is? It adds ~800 more presets?
    I was thinking about blowing my entire holiday App Store gift card on Syntronik Deluxe but I think this may be the one.

• It should be 24 MBytes, when you click on a bank name the required space will be displayed in the description

@ocelot said:
    What a surprise! The AU seems easier on the CPU too. :)
    Does anyone know how much disk space the $7 upgrade is? It adds ~800 more presets?
    I was thinking about blowing my entire holiday App Store gift card on Syntronik Deluxe but I think this may be the one.

• hello guys.i have question.on the app store it says " Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.x and import them into SynthMaster Player for iPad using iTunes".
    i have tried to import some presets but can't find them

• Best Christmas ever B) B) B)

• Does anyone have pirchbend working in garageband?

• @ocelot said:

Forgive my ignorance.. but I don’t see any $7 upgrade...

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    It should be 24 MBytes, when you click on a bank name the required space will be displayed in the description

@ocelot said:

Thanks! I see it now.

@RajahP said:

@ocelot said:

In the standalone version, tapping on 'Factory Presets':

• @purpan2 said:
    Does anyone have pirchbend working in garageband?

Does it depend on the preset? I don't have Garage Band installed, but pitchbend works in BM3.

Also noticed this in its iTunes Sharing Folder:

There's a config file but it seems to be for the desktop version. Weird.

• @ocelot said:

@purpan2 said:
    Does anyone have pirchbend working in garageband?

Does it depend on the preset? I don't have Garage Band installed, but pitchbend works in BM3.

Also noticed this in its iTunes Sharing Folder:

There's a config file but it seems to be for the desktop version. Weird.

I checked on a few hosts and standalone. With a patch set to pitchbend two semitones in standalone, I get no pitchbend in garageband (Can’t access all the settings as usual because it frezes garageband) and two octaves in cubasis. I’ll reinstall bm3 and have a go.

• @ocelot said:

@lbiyikoglu said:
    It should be 24 MBytes, when you click on a bank name the required space will be displayed in the description

@ocelot said:

Thanks! I see it now.

@RajahP said:

@ocelot said:

In the standalone version, tapping on 'Factory Presets':

Thanks.. seems like I have already purchased those.. B)

• edited December 2018

@lbiyikoglu , @kv331audio_bulent

Please refer my prior messages reporting bugs here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/562720/#Comment_562720

And other messages on page 34 - https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26543/synthmaster-one-is-out/p34

As for Microtones/Quartertones I mentioned in that comment, ability to generate microtones in SM1 and SMP for expressive playing and creating subtle vibratos. Ideally, there should be ONE microtone between semitones (half-way) and also ideally support .tun and .scl files or an effect to micro-tune instruments. For instance, if C4 = 261.63 Hz and C#4 = 277.18 Hz, there should be a microtone between these two notes at =>

((277.18 - 261.63) / 2) + 261.63 = 269.41 Hz (microtone)

Should send out microtone MIDI into other apps.

Here are a few more glitches I observed in SMP:

After tapping Get It button in the Register screen to get the free 100 presets, the app crashes.

After registering, we receive a promo email and another email with serial number to the 100 pack and sometimes no email is received.

On Saving a preset, the currently selected presets gets unselected/unhighlighted leaving us with no clue as to which preset is currently loaded into the synth.

Where are these presets getting saved? Sometimes, they show up in Favorites but on relaunching the app, Favorites bank is empty. My Presets bank shows some presets but does not list all the presets that I saved before.

How do we save presets to Favorites?

No option to remove presets from Favorites and My Presets.

Some keys get disabled at times on some presets in standalone mode. Relaunching the app fixes but these keys get disabled randomly (2 random keys, 4 continuous keys, etc). Key D, E, F, etc.

AU is chopped off at the bottom in In half screen mode in newer iPad Pros.

As mentioned by another user, built in keyboard is missing in full screen mode.

• Thanks for the AU update for Synthmaster Player @kv331audio_bulent . I really like the built in keyboard and love how it is available to as an option use in Synthmaster One in the AU format. Is there any chance that the option to use the built-in keyboard could be made available for the Synthmaster Player AU as well?

• Works beautifully in Nanostudio 2

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    Thank you very much for reporting these bugs, we'll fix them asap

@_ki said:
    @lbiyikoglu, @kv331audio_bulent Thanks a lot for the AUv3, that was a nice christmas surprise.

A ) Can’t diable ARP in AUv3

With the standalone, i can disable the ARP by pressing the Arpeggiator button on the edit page - but with the AUv3 these buttons are not enabled.

Thanks for looking into this.

In the meantime, the arp can be disabled (bypassed) via AU parameters 727 (Layer 1) and 2773 (Layer 2). It doesn’t take long to find and map them in NanoStudio 2.

Although there appears to be a state-saving issue - saving a preset in the NS2 browser appears to turn the arp back on, so ‘arp off’ is currently hogging 2 macros.

Also: happy festive seasonal greetings everybody :)

• @MobileMusic said:

Please refer my prior messages reporting bugs here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/562720/#Comment_562720

And other messages on page 34 - https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26543/synthmaster-one-is-out/p34

As for Microtones/Quartertones I mentioned in that comment, ability to generate microtones in SM1 and SMP for expressive playing and creating subtle vibratos. Ideally, there should be ONE microtone between semitones (half-way) and also ideally support .tun and .scl files or an effect to micro-tune instruments. For instance, if C4 = 261.63 Hz and C#4 = 277.18 Hz, there should be a microtone between these two notes at =>

((277.18 - 261.63) / 2) + 261.63 = 269.41 Hz (microtone)

Should send out microtone MIDI into other apps.

Here are a few more glitches I observed in SMP:

After tapping Get It button in the Register screen to get the free 100 presets, the app crashes.

After registering, we receive a promo email and another email with serial number to the 100 pack and sometimes no email is received.

On Saving a preset, the currently selected presets gets unselected/unhighlighted leaving us with no clue as to which preset is currently loaded into the synth.

Where are these presets getting saved? Sometimes, they show up in Favorites but on relaunching the app, Favorites bank is empty. My Presets bank shows some presets but does not list all the presets that I saved before.

How do we save presets to Favorites?

No option to remove presets from Favorites and My Presets.

Some keys get disabled at times on some presets in standalone mode. Relaunching the app fixes but these keys get disabled randomly (2 random keys, 4 continuous keys, etc). Key D, E, F, etc.

AU is chopped off at the bottom in In half screen mode in newer iPad Pros.

As mentioned by another user, built in keyboard is missing in full screen mode.

The same over here.i saved an ARP preset with arp off.but when I go to my p bank and choose the preset the arp is on automatically

• edited December 2018

@Samu said

@AudioGus said:
    For some reason this patch refuses to stay loaded properly in NS2...

>

On NS2 project reload it sounds wack and I have to reload the patch.

If you skip using NS2 built-in preset management it recalls correctly...

Even without using the NS2 preset management I am getting messed up recall at times.

• Wow, really digging this in NS2. Hopefully we get automation/animation via the UI. Would certainly compell me to pony up with some of the Chistmas itunes card.

• @AudioGus said:
    Wow, really digging this in NS2. Hopefully we get automation/animation via the UI. Would certainly compell me to pony up with some of the Chistmas itunes card.

Hamburger button on the performance page will allow you to assign macro knobs and xy pads to au instrument parameters, it’s a long list tho.

• SynthMaster Player AU has an issue in Auria Pro (on Air2 latest iOS) - pressing playback produces a few second pause before anything happens. Delete SM Player and this goes away.

• SM Player just crashes to desktop for me.

• edited December 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:
    Wow, really digging this in NS2. Hopefully we get automation/animation via the UI. Would certainly compell me to pony up with some of the Chistmas itunes card.

Hamburger button on the performance page will allow you to assign macro knobs and xy pads to au instrument parameters, it’s a long list tho.

The defaults are set up fine for controling Synthmaster Player with the NS2 macros, so no worries there. What I mean is I would like to be able to use the Synthmaster Player UI to automate parameters and then see the automation reflected back in the UI the same way it does with Synthmaster One, Zeeon and Aparillo etc.

• @AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

The defaults are set up fine for controling Synthmaster Player with the NS2 macros, so no worries there. What I mean is I would like to be able to use the Synthmaster Player UI to automate parameters and then see the automation reflected back in the UI the same way it does with Synthmaster One, Zeeon and Aparillo etc.

I always thought Synthmaster Player was just a Rompler but when you look at the automatable parameters “under the hood” there are something like 2500 different items, which was astonishing. Did you notice that? Side issue tho...

• edited February 2019

Any new updates of SM Player? The AU window still displays the player chopped on the sides on Pro 11".

Also, Full Screen mode displays the player correctly but the bottom half is just blank instead of displaying its Keyboard.

Any updates about the Vibrato on keyboard swipe up?

Any updates about Legato and Glide in SM Player? It won't be of much use for my projects without these features (for all its cool sound pack collections).

• Also, some keys are getting stuck and some keys are not producing any sounds on some presets in SM Player.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Also, some keys are getting stuck and some keys are not producing any sounds on some presets in SM Player.

Can you please tell which preset(s) don't produce any sounds?

For Legato & Glide, I can simply tell no at this time, the player app is just the preset player and the parameters are defined by the sound designer using the desktop VST, sorry about that

• I've lately had some strange 'random' crashes when using SynthMaster Player AUv3 with Cubasis.

Will see if I can find a repeatable way to reproduce the crashes.
    (Ie. it's the SynthMaster Player AUv3 that crashes not the host).

All apps and iOS are running the latest non-beta versions...

• edited March 2019

@lbiyikoglu said:

@MobileMusic said:
    Also, some keys are getting stuck and some keys are not producing any sounds on some presets in SM Player.

For Legato & Glide, I can simply tell no at this time, the player app is just the preset player and the parameters are defined by the sound designer using the desktop VST, sorry about that

I did not note down the preset names that had keyboard issues. I noticed on some presets, some keys would turn gray and not tappable and some keys would not sound even though they are white. I'll keep an eye and report back when I run into those presets again (but since it does not have Legato/Glide, I use it less). You may be able to locate presets from its database that don't have frequencies set for all the keys.

Another issue I noticed is - it seems to remember and reload the last chosen preset on launching the app but when I go go preset browser, it does not highlight the bank or category or the name of the current preset leaving me clueless of which preset in the list (not quite sure about this). It should scroll to the loaded preset and highlight it (and preferably highlight the bank and category as well to indicate which bank it belongs to).

About Legato, I thought the other way that the player would just mod/bend/slide the sound with the way the keys are played with overlapping notes (like the Pitch Bend wheel) and nothing to do with the sound design parameters. Are you sure?

However, I see some presets have Glide designed into them but I'm thinking Legato may not have anything to do with sound-design but just sound sliding between over-lapping notes dynamically on-the-fly.

• edited March 2019

@MobileMusic said:

@lbiyikoglu said:

@MobileMusic said:

About Legato, I thought the other way that the player would just mod/bend/slide the sound with the way the keys are played with overlapping notes (like the Pitch Bend wheel) and nothing to do with the sound design parameters. Are you sure?

However, I see some presets have Glide designed into them but I'm thinking Legato may not have anything to do with sound-design but just sound sliding between over-lapping notes dynamically on-the-fly.

EDIT: Updated about Legato and Glide observations.

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@lbiyikoglu said:

@MobileMusic said:

You could offer knobs/controls for these Legato/Mono/Glide parameters and set their values from the preset values and allow us users to tweak them.

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@lbiyikoglu said:

@MobileMusic said:

You could offer knobs/controls for these Legato/Mono/Glide parameters and set their values from the preset values and allow us users to tweak them.

Also, found some preset frequencies are non-standard: a few semitones up or down than normal
    Eg: BT realistic panflute (mv+at)