Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget Track mixed in Auria Pro on iPad Pro

Originally 16 tracks in Gadget using multiple Gladstones to keep kick/snare/toms on separate tracks, and another couple of Gladstones for percussion and cymbals. Other gadgets used include 2 x Vancouver, Chicago, Montpellier, London (for different drums in the middle section), Chiangmai, Amsterdam, Darwin and Milpitas. Stems out to Auria Pro for mixing.

In AP, almost all stem tracks were then bussed to 3 additional channels for Dry, Parallel EQ and Compression, and Fx. This ended up being a total of 48 mixer channels, assigned to the 8 subgroups.

Channel plugins used included Pro-Q2 (on every stem), Pro-C, Pro-C2, Microwarmer, Pro-R, Timeless, Saturn, StereoChorus, and Volcano. I used Pro-C2 on the Master bus.

Looking forward to any feedback.
Cheers!

Comments

• Sounds really good mate, digging your mix. Great showcase of gadget

• good mix, but the lower end needs quality speakers to bring it up.
    (a bit hidden for few attack, had to place the in-ears carefully to make it reveal)
    I really like the melodic theme, catchy of the Lalo Schiffrin kind :+1:

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Sounds really good mate, digging your mix. Great showcase of gadget

@Chaztrip said:
    Nice!

Thanks guys/gals. Appreciate it.

• @Telefunky said:
    good mix, but the lower end needs quality speakers to bring it up.
    (a bit hidden for few attack, had to place the in-ears carefully to make it reveal)
    I really like the melodic theme, catchy of the Lalo Schiffrin kind :+1:

Good feedback... I create and mix on phones (1More Triple Driver in-ears, and Sony MDR-1R over-ears), so it's good to get this kind of critique. Plus, I'm 69, and a hard life of loud FOH mixing has yielded tinnitus, so I'm sometimes wondering how I need to adjust the freqs!

Maybe I'll have to boost up the low end during mastering a bit.

• No need to boost, the low end is there, but the kind of tone makes it hard for some drivers to give it enough impression.
    Similiar to plucking a bass, where the overtones compensate lack of speaker response.
    (I used Sennheiser IE4 which deliver a good low end if sitting properly)
    Pure level increase would make it boomy - imho.