Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RE-1 Tape Machine now on iPhone

Just noticed that RE-1 Tape Machine is now available for the iPhone
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1407764053?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=8

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've still got the beta installed... but since this dropped today, I'm guessing they're close. It's a big update. Lots of cool tweaks and functions. I'm not sure if it made it into this update, but the beta has drag/drop of samples via the files app. Both ways too, ie. you can drag your samples right onto the cassette reels, and you can also drag your newly created samples back into the files app.

When you're saving your samples now, you get a dialogue box for adding and adjusting the loop point fade, and levels, etc. Not sure if that's in this update either, but if it's not I'm sure it will be soon. Most everything in the current beta works very well.

• @skiphunt Yes, they are all listed in the notes. Great update.

• Another great update to this app. Nice!

• @skiphunt said:
    I've still got the beta installed... but since this dropped today, I'm guessing they're close. It's a big update. Lots of cool tweaks and functions. I'm not sure if it made it into this update, but the beta has drag/drop of samples via the files app. Both ways too, ie. you can drag your samples right onto the cassette reels, and you can also drag your newly created samples back into the files app.

When you're saving your samples now, you get a dialogue box for adding and adjusting the loop point fade, and levels, etc. Not sure if that's in this update either, but if it's not I'm sure it will be soon. Most everything in the current beta works very well.

Drag&drop was on patch notes, but didnt test it yet. I wonder if there are any other AUs that have dragdrop from or to au that would go along with this app.

I think this is something that will soon take things to next level when more apps get it and we get some more utility AUs. Some sample editor AU with this would be pretty sweet

• @ToMess said:

@skiphunt said:
    I've still got the beta installed... but since this dropped today, I'm guessing they're close. It's a big update. Lots of cool tweaks and functions. I'm not sure if it made it into this update, but the beta has drag/drop of samples via the files app. Both ways too, ie. you can drag your samples right onto the cassette reels, and you can also drag your newly created samples back into the files app.

Drag&drop was on patch notes, but didnt test it yet. I wonder if there are any other AUs that have dragdrop from or to au that would go along with this app.

I think this is something that will soon take things to next level when more apps get it and we get some more utility AUs. Some sample editor AU with this would be pretty sweet

I think it’s actually kind of a big deal! I don’t know if any other AU that allows this, ie. Drag & drop right in via Files out of AudioShare or anything in Files via split screen... and then drag your new samples right back out the same way. Way cool :)

• @skiphunt said:

@ToMess said:

@skiphunt said:

I think it’s actually kind of a big deal! I don’t know if any other AU that allows this, ie. Drag & drop right in via Files out of AudioShare or anything in Files via split screen... and then drag your new samples right back out the same way. Way cool :)

Seeing as how this thread is about RE-1 going universal, how exactly do you drag and drop on iPhone? I'm guessing not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

• So on my iPhone (iOS 11), if I enable the info mode and bring up a description I can't find a way to close that popup. Basically, I have to quit the app (or remove the AU) and load a new version if I want to have access to the controls again. Can anyone corroborate, or tell me how to close the popup?!

Also, on my iPad (iOS 10) selecting the sample browser immediately crashes the app (standalone and AU). Anyone else seeing that?

• @aaronpc said:

@skiphunt said:

@ToMess said:

@skiphunt said:

Seeing as how this thread is about RE-1 going universal, how exactly do you drag and drop on iPhone? I'm guessing not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I was making a comment about the RE-1 update that also introduced universal... in general.

As far as I know, the drag/drop thing is only iPad.

• Hey... just noticed RE-1 is on sale right now for half off... as are several of Kai's apps (noticed them on Discchord)

The RE-1 tape machine has been updated a few times and in pretty significant ways since launch. If it looked like something you were interested in back then but didn't get it a launch price... now's your chance :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/re-1-tape-machine/id1407764053?mt=8

• anyone else notice that the mains hum always defaults to ON despite state save (i'm using AUM)?

• edited November 2018

Would it be possible to have the Feedback knob active in Looper mode to be able to build up loops then thin them out by lowering feedback causing older layers to fade away and newer layers to take over? Feedback control should let you control rate of fade out. Lower feedback=faster fade, higher feedback=Loop forever

Maybe there is a way to accomplish this already?

• edited November 2018

Anyone knows why RE-1 plays the samples (mine or internal) pitched or crazy fast...no matter what parameters i tweak? What am I doing wrong?

• @YannisHatzi said:
    Anyone knows why RE-1 plays the samples (mine or internal) pitched or crazy fast...no matter what parameters i tweak? What am I doing wrong?

That's most likely due to the time-stretch and loop length settings.
    If time-stretch is enabled an you load a sample it'll stretch that to the current loop length, so if you load an 8bar loop with the loop length setting set to 4, it'll play at 2x speed. With loop length of 2, it would play at 4x speed.

Loop length is set in relation to the overall tempo so that plays into this as well.

I suggest to set the loop length to 8, then try some samples, if they're still not playing back properly please let me know.

• @palm said:
    anyone else notice that the mains hum always defaults to ON despite state save (i'm using AUM)?

Didn't get any reports about this but I'll have a look.

@yowza said:
    Would it be possible to have the Feedback knob active in Looper mode to be able to build up loops then thin them out by lowering feedback causing older layers to fade away and newer layers to take over? Feedback control should let you control rate of fade out. Lower feedback=faster fade, higher feedback=Loop forever

Maybe there is a way to accomplish this already?

When looping, feedback for the first head is disabled (since in looper mode it's set to 0 delay). However, the other two heads continue to work normally including feedback.

• Hey, I don't really use my iPhone for sound stuff so much any more, but I do still like to play with messing around with field recording and making loops to screw around with later. RE-1 is really fun for that. I pretty much only use it in standalone on my small screen iPhone SE though.

It's also cool to use the Loopfield app on your iPhone... after you get a cool loop going with it's granular effects dialed in to something sweet... save the loop, and then you can export/copy out right into RE-1 for some added time stretching and delay fun. :)

• edited December 2018

@ka010 said:

@YannisHatzi said:

That's most likely due to the time-stretch and loop length settings.
    If time-stretch is enabled an you load a sample it'll stretch that to the current loop length, so if you load an 8bar loop with the loop length setting set to 4, it'll play at 2x speed. With loop length of 2, it would play at 4x speed.

Loop length is set in relation to the overall tempo so that plays into this as well.

I suggest to set the loop length to 8, then try some samples, if they're still not playing back properly please let me know.

Ok but the app is quite user unfriendly. Unfortunately, it crashes every time I select a different Preset (in AUM efx slot).
    I tried to use it with a mic channel and it doesn't overdub in the right pitch. And the efx doesn't always apply for some reason.
    Maybe there is something wrong with me.

• Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatly it crashes when you change Presents (AUM-effx slot).

• @YannisHatzi said:
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatly it crashes when you change Presents (AUM-effx slot).

I’m not seeing the crashes when changing presets. Well it did crash once, but not after that.

For the pitch change, check the Time Stretch setting. It should be off, I think.

• @YannisHatzi said:
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatly it crashes when you change Presents (AUM-effx slot).

What phone are you using ? What Os version?

• Maybe try a delete, reinstall... and a hard reset. I had that same happen once and reinstall/hardreset took care of it. I'm using RE-1 on an iPhone SE and no problems at all.

• edited December 2018

@espiegel123 said:

@YannisHatzi said:

What phone are you using ? What Os version?

iPad Pro 10.5 / iOS 12.1