RIFFER by Audiomodern - The EPIC Guide Tutorial for the iPad Version

Here is my tutorial for Riffer, I think lots of people will like this app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/riffer/id1435691909?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

  • Nice one Doug. Interested in this, so I’ll take a look later.

  • @MonzoPro I think you’ll like it

  • Your last video on Ibassist and this one were amazing. Thanks Doug. A good example on how to "tie notes" works would be using a pad, I tried on Layr and using wholetones and it was fantastic. Have to try that on Nave.

    Riffer, Xequence, Xynthesizr, Senode and StepPolyArp, all of them really good sequencers. Riffer and Xynthesizr are better as an introduction in the world of sequencers since they are easier to get into. Then Senode and StepPolyArp and last Xequence, although Xequence is the most complete and difficult to get into (but worth it). The Audio Dabbler has some videos on Xequence that are worth checking out.

    Thanks again Doug, I can't say how many times have you helped me to get to know apps, in fact I have to blame you for a lot of apps that I have bought. :)

  • Oh man I forgot to mention the amazing Quantum, that is another one that is a little below in complexity to Xequence but great sequencer too

  • The devs confirmed on Twitter that AUv3 is coming at some point. That will really make this interesting for me. Then you’ll be able to do Fugue machine type tricks.

  • @Prog1967 said:
    Oh man I forgot to mention the amazing Quantum, that is another one that is a little below in complexity to Xequence but great sequencer too

    I have all of those, having just recently picked up the awesome SPA unit. I agree, these are all great, and would definitely add Rozeta to the list.

  • @thesoundtestroom said:
    @MonzoPro I think you’ll like it

    Yeah, seems more musical and usable than the random stuff I get from Steppolyarp, plus you can generate across a wider range (as shown in your vid).

    Probably be a Friday night treat for me, thanks for the vid.

  • Would like to see 128 steps if possible

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    Would like to see 128 steps if possible

    Gonna need a bigger iPad. ;)

  • @CracklePot said:

    @Prog1967 said:
    Oh man I forgot to mention the amazing Quantum, that is another one that is a little below in complexity to Xequence but great sequencer too

    I have all of those, having just recently picked up the awesome SPA unit. I agree, these are all great, and would definitely add Rozeta to the list.

    And add Cream to the list.

    Also, I don´t have Xequence, but I refuse to believe that Quantum is below anything in complexity :-)

  • @Prog1967 said:
    Oh man I forgot to mention the amazing Quantum, that is another one that is a little below in complexity to Xequence but great sequencer too

    Xequence is a standard linear piano roll multi-track sequencer as opposed to a step sequencer. I think it's really pretty straightforward to learn, except for having to set it up as a modular standalone rather than a sequencer built into a DAW.

  • Not bad, has some nice features, a new but familiar way to sequence. Id consider picking this up. Would be nice if these random generator apps had some basic AI to make the patterns a bit better than random. Fortamento seems to generate more musical sounding sequences.

  • I really like the infinity mode, just before I made this video this morning I had it playing a few of the Cubasis stock instruments and just recorded them for about 3 minutes using infinity mode, very nice

  • I’m having a hard time sending midi to a chosen pad in ‘THE EPIC GR-16’ (say pad/channel 4) ... in AUM..

    Help..

  • I watched the tutorial for Riffer, but is there a way to use it in Nativiely in AudioBus. I can’t figure out how to route the midi to an iOS synth, AU3 or otherwise.... anyone had any success?

  • _ki_ki
    edited December 2018

    @funkspace
    On the midi page of AB3, add Riffer AU as a source and your synth as a destination:

  • Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

  • @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

    It is...

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

    It is...

    Ahhh my bad.. it didn’t look like an AU, none of the vids I’ve seen show it as an AU, and the only way to tell is a small update note...

    But is it any good? App review kinda make it seem like it’s underbaked on iPad...

  • @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

    It is...

    Ahhh my bad.. it didn’t look like an AU, none of the vids I’ve seen show it as an AU, and the only way to tell is a small update note...

    But is it any good? App review kinda make it seem like it’s underbaked on iPad...

    Nah, it's terrible.

    [trying to keep the secret sauce a secret]

  • @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

    It is...

    Ahhh my bad.. it didn’t look like an AU, none of the vids I’ve seen show it as an AU, and the only way to tell is a small update note...

    But is it any good? App review kinda make it seem like it’s underbaked on iPad...

    Absolutely rubbish, one of my favourite, and most used apps. Dont buy it, you’ll love it.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

    It is...

    Ahhh my bad.. it didn’t look like an AU, none of the vids I’ve seen show it as an AU, and the only way to tell is a small update note...

    But is it any good? App review kinda make it seem like it’s underbaked on iPad...

    Absolutely rubbish, one of my favourite, and most used apps. Dont buy it, you’ll love it.

    Ok Brer Rabbit! 😀

    Does it expose AU parameters so you can say change scale or trigger a new riff via a controller?

  • @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Seems to me that until it’s an AU that allows multiple instances, you’re better off with fugue machine...

    It is...

    Ahhh my bad.. it didn’t look like an AU, none of the vids I’ve seen show it as an AU, and the only way to tell is a small update note...

    But is it any good? App review kinda make it seem like it’s underbaked on iPad...

    Absolutely rubbish, one of my favourite, and most used apps. Dont buy it, you’ll love it.

    Ok Brer Rabbit! 😀

    Does it expose AU parameters so you can say change scale or trigger a new riff via a controller?

    Ah, I don’t think so, but I’ll check later. I’m not able to change its key with Navichord, though I can do this with Steppolyarp, so possibly not.

Sign In or Register to comment.