Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help me become a robot...with Voice Synth, Cubasis and AB3/AUM

I have been trying to figure this out for hours now and need your help before I go insane! I am trying to record vocals on an audio track in Cubasis, then send them through Voice Synth while using a separate MIDI track to control the pitch. Obviously I can use Voice Synth as an AUv3 effect on the audio track and can even control pitch using a keyboard controller, but cannot seem to route a MIDI track (also in Cubasis) into the chain successfully. Tried it the other way around (route audio into a MIDI track?) without success. Tried bringing AUM and AB3 into the mix... Still no luck. Even read manuals. Must be missing something here because it's gotta be possible, right?

Comments

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2018

For the midi channel containing the notes to be played, select „virtual midi“ as output device and choose a channel, for example 5.

For the audio channel with the vocals, insert „VoiceSynth (Midi) AU“ as insert-fx. Open up VS AU in fullscreen and select the „Audio/Midi“ tap to show the input settings in the upper part. Now press the „source“ button to select „Cubasis“ as midi input source and then the „Midi CH“ button to select the midi channel 5.

Change to presets tab and select one of the robot presets (you can scroll the list left/right), for example „Die Roboter 1“ or „Robot Leader“ or dial in your own setting using the „designer“.

Some of the presets have special keyboard modes selected - this can be changed with the following steps: Press the keyboard button in the lower part to show keyboard setting.

• Hold should be off
    • Scale should allow all notes (none disabled)
    • Mode should be poly
  • You are my favorite! That worked great. Not sure how I missed this particular combination but I suspect it was the Virtual MIDI as output. Thanks so much!