Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lightning extension cable with USB 3.0 Camera adapter

Is this possible? I find the adapter really unstable. Recently if I even move my phone the wrong way to adjust something the interface disconnects. Has this ever happened to anyone? I feel like an extension cable male to female lightning would help alleviate any movement of the camera adapter

Comments

• edited October 2018

I’ve never had mine disconnect and I don’t even have an official apple one, I have the cheaper Amazon Basics one. Maybe give that a try?
    Also take a toothpick or something and clean the lint out of the port, that can cause weak connections.

• edited October 2018

I had an issue some months ago with my CCK3 charging my iPhone only on one side of lightning port after 11 months... Was a bit hard to troubleshoot, didn’t understand what was going on at first. It was defective and under warranty (I think three days later and it was too late!!!), and I had an exchange.

• @Janosax said:
    I had an issue some months ago with my CCK3 charging my iPhone only on one side of lightning port after 11 months... Was a bit hard to troubleshoot, didn’t understand what was going on at first. It was defective and under warranty (I think three days later and it was too late!!!), and I had an exchange.

I've got the same issue. I think that's pretty common.

@Briandandrig said:
    Is this possible? I find the adapter really unstable. Recently if I even move my phone the wrong way to adjust something the interface disconnects. Has this ever happened to anyone? I feel like an extension cable male to female lightning would help alleviate any movement of the camera adapter

Yes! Buy a high quality lightning extension cable. Since doing that I've had no issues.

• Yes! Buy a high quality lightning extension cable. Since doing that I've had no issues.

What kind of cable did you get? It still passes the audio from the usb 3.0 connector? Or are you using the older style cck with no lightning port?

• @lairdhenn said:
    I’ve never had mine disconnect and I don’t even have an official apple one, I have the cheaper Amazon Basics one. Maybe give that a try?
    Also take a toothpick or something and clean the lint out of the port, that can cause weak connections.

What do you mean amazon basics one? They make a usb and lightning splitter?

• @Briandandrig I’ve used this one for several years now without issue: http://cablejive.com/prod/dockXtenderL.html

• Do you think perhaps there is a less expensive one @Vecoto ?

• @Briandandrig said:
    Do you think perhaps there is a less expensive one @Vecoto ?

Honestly no idea. I’ve had mine for 42 months and it’s always been reliable, so it’s worked out good value for me ;)

• @Vecoto said:

@Briandandrig said:

Honestly no idea. I’ve had mine for 42 months and it’s always been reliable, so it’s worked out good value for me ;)

You use this extender on the usb3.0 camera connector that has a usb and a lightning port with an audio interface attached? Or are you using the older cck with just lightning to usb?

• @Briandandrig said:

@Vecoto said:

@Briandandrig said:

You use this extender on the usb3.0 camera connector that has a usb and a lightning port with an audio interface attached? Or are you using the older cck with just lightning to usb?

Yes, I use it with the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Focusrite audio interface. I previously used it with the Alesis iO Dock II, and it’s been fine with both of those setups across various versions of iOS, with an iPad Air 2.

• @Vecoto thank you so much for that input mate. Really appreciate it. I had heard elsewhere that an extension cable wouldn’t work with the new adapter. I’m now wondering if my adapter has a loose connecting in its hardware or it’s just dirty contacts making my interface disconnect when repositioning the iPhone

• @Briandandrig said:
    @Vecoto thank you so much for that input mate. Really appreciate it. I had heard elsewhere that an extension cable wouldn’t work with the new adapter. I’m now wondering if my adapter has a loose connecting in its hardware or it’s just dirty contacts making my interface disconnect when repositioning the iPhone

They're just touchy as fuck. If you didn't notice already, Lightning is the worst. It really sucks because you have to use the official CCK to USB3 if you want to charge the pad but the cheap unofficial USB to lightning adapters are way better.

I'm actually so damn excited about the switch to USB C because it's a standard they can't fuck with. Or maybe they can... we'll see.

• @BroCoast said:

@Briandandrig said:
    @Vecoto thank you so much for that input mate. Really appreciate it. I had heard elsewhere that an extension cable wouldn’t work with the new adapter. I’m now wondering if my adapter has a loose connecting in its hardware or it’s just dirty contacts making my interface disconnect when repositioning the iPhone

They're just touchy as fuck. If you didn't notice already, Lightning is the worst. It really sucks because you have to use the official CCK to USB3 if you want to charge the pad but the cheap unofficial USB to lightning adapters are way better.

I'm actually so damn excited about the switch to USB C because it's a standard they can't fuck with. Or maybe they can... we'll see.

Didn’t know about that change. I have to work with what I got as funds are always the obstacle. Crazy the dirt I just pulled out of the port right now. I plan to use an extension cable so I can stabilize the adapter. Fingers crossed that it works

• edited October 2018

Been using my cck3 for almost 3 years with no issues. Maybe iPhone sockets are much worse than the iPad ?

• I think maybe my port was dirty? Or something in the way that it flexes if I have my phone sitting in a stand as opposed to flat? I dunno. Something happens to cause a disconnect if I pick it up.

• Yea. Just clean the port. Might fix all your probs. There should be videos to show how to do it online.

• Yes, I agree that cleaning the port and attempting to get the current connections reliable is the best first step. Just add an extension lead if it makes the layout more ergonomic, not to try to fix an unreliable connection.

• I had a similar issue but that was due to the hub. I’ve since bought a usb female to male extension and that sorted it. The CCK is solid as far as I’m concerned.

• @supadom said:
    I had a similar issue but that was due to the hub. I’ve since bought a usb female to male extension and that sorted it. The CCK is solid as far as I’m concerned.

What type of extension did you get? You’re using the cck with usb and lightning port?

• Why are you guys using lightning cable extensions? If you are using the USB camera adapter, then you also have a standard USB cable as part of the connection... so why not just use a longer USB cable?

• edited October 2018

@Hmtx said:
    Why are you guys using lightning cable extensions? If you are using the USB camera adapter, then you also have a standard USB cable as part of the connection... so why not just use a longer USB cable?

I tried that once, but it didnt work properly with too long usb cable(which wasnt even very long) connecting cck3 to usb hub, so i had to switch back to shorter usb extension cable for usb hub and use the longer one on charging port

• @Briandandrig said:

@supadom said:
    I had a similar issue but that was due to the hub. I’ve since bought a usb female to male extension and that sorted it. The CCK is solid as far as I’m concerned.

What type of extension did you get? You’re using the cck with usb and lightning port?

The extension is between the cck and the hub which has a very short cable.

• edited October 2018

I have a CCK that I got for my iPad 2, so it was the old 25 pin (?) connector. When I got my iPad Pro, I then daisy chained that to the lightning adaptor, but it kept dropping out. Theoretically it should work. I raised this with a tech guy at my local Apple store and he basically said there is a problem with using it like that, and the way around it was to buy a new lightning CCK for loads more £. You gotta love Apple...
    P.S. I’ve had no more issues once I did that, but still resent it not working on something they call Pro.

• Ok so to clarify I want to put an extender between the cck and the iPhone. That way I can have the cck farther away and not be raising up and moving around when I move the iPhone. Cck stays out and I have slack from a lightning extension between cck and iPhone

• @Hmtx said:
    Why are you guys using lightning cable extensions? If you are using the USB camera adapter, then you also have a standard USB cable as part of the connection... so why not just use a longer USB cable?

Because I want to extend the cck away from the iPhone so it doesn’t move and flex when I need to adjust or move the iPhone.

• @Hmtx said:

Because I want to extend the cck away from the iPhone so it doesn’t move and flex when I need to adjust or move the iPhone.

• Hi, is this still working with iOS 13x
    Also does it reduce charge time ?

Cheers )

@Vecoto said:
    @Briandandrig I’ve used this one for several years now without issue: http://cablejive.com/prod/dockXtenderL.html

• The Lightning port on the PHONE was my problem with some new hardware. I tried new cables from the hardware vendor and then took my iPhone to a repair shop for a new and they called out a defective Lightning port, After replacing the battery and lightning connector I went home and the hardware with every “defective” cable now worked. It’s also good to use a can of “air cleaner” to blow and debris out of the iphones lightning port. That worked on another iPhone to get a better connection. It’s worth just buying Apple’s cables to see if anything changes. Since it’s a new CCK I’d check this out. There are a lot of iPhone repair shops... check on Yelp for reviews.

• @lairdhenn said:

Best not to poke the lint out, but better suck it out with a vaccum cleaner

• I recently replaced my lightning connector. If you are electronically inclined and can follow directions it is an easy fix, no soldering skills required