Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SWAM sounds

Any way to get the SWAM sounds recorded directly out of the Noise app, or can we only record and export?

Comments

• Right? So annoying. Whats the point if I can't use it with anything else. Noodle for 5 mins and then what? Too bad they sound amazing too

• It's one of the main reasons I became very cynical about that being Doug's "game changer" a month ago and still feel somewhat disappointed. Instead of making the Noise app compatible with Cubasis (much like iM1, iWavestation, Module, etc are compatible with Gadget), they only made it compatible with the "special 5D performance keyboard" (of which only 3 of the Ds are useable on current iPad screens) so long as you load it in Cubasis as an AU - i.e. you can't use SWAM sounds in Cubasis. :lol:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    It's one of the main reasons I became very cynical about that being Doug's "game changer" a month ago and still feel somewhat disappointed. Instead of making the Noise app compatible with Cubasis (much like iM1, iWavestation, Module, etc are compatible with Gadget), they only made it compatible with the "special 5D performance keyboard" (of which only 3 of the Ds are useable on current iPad screens) so long as you load it in Cubasis as an AU - i.e. you can't use SWAM sounds in Cubasis. :lol:

Can you use the SWAM sounds in Cubasis when connecting their keyboard?
    That's how I hoped to understand the advertised functionality at least.

• I still think that limitation is BS. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with hardware limitations, but if they want more money for AU functionality, why not charge more for it? I think a lot of people would pay $10 more per pack to be able to use those sounds in other apps, but the absolute brick-wall limitation of “sorry, NOISE only” is frustrating.

• I have the seaboard block and I’m happy with it but I’m disappointed that the swam sounds can’t be used outside the limited noise app. They could just make noise IAA or Audiobus compatible if AU has some technical restrictions.

• edited October 2018

SWAM Violin, Viola and Cello multitracked in Cubasis, no Roli hardware involved...
    https://choon.co/tracks/0mh59mp8vhf/roli-poly-tango/

I posted the method here => https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/557617#Comment_557617

• I agree with the frustration here, but the SWAM packs are completely different technology/company that Roli has a partnership with. Along the lines of the WML Auria partnership with the Fabfilter folks.

From what I can find it does seem the SWAM synth does need a fair mount of resources
    https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000025169-noise-swam-soundpacks-not-playing
    and the VST/AU manual on the AM site (for the stand alone versions) mentions the plug in is “very cpu intensive”.

My unqualified assumption would be that SWAM’s partnership with Roli in the iOS world, specifically in the closed environment of the Noise app, required an amount of man hours that made sense - while the cost required to implement IAA/AUv3 was not, especially considering the packs being less the. a tenth of the normal price. I.e. a marketing investment vs a product that competes with their own product.

• @wigglelights if the problem is because of the partnership it would be better if ROLI informed us about it. I bought the SWAM sounds to use it with the rest of iOS ecosystem. I know nothing states that it will work outside ROLI, but all their other sound package work which is confusing for the users.

• @fattigman I agree - I don’t know if it’s a recent addition, but I just had a look at the Noise store and the SWAM packs have “not compatible with AUv3” in the description. If it is an added note, clearly not fair for users like you but at least they are making it clear now.....