Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Borderlands Granular sale

:)
Whoops if already posted!

Comments

• what's the normal price?

• @Breezee said:
    what's the normal price?

Double. It has almost no sales ever

• Last update was 3 years ago. Is the app so good that it needs no update or did the the developer stopped developing?

• @Pierre118 said:
    Last update was 3 years ago. Is the app so good that it needs no update or did the the developer stopped developing?

I pretty sure the developer has said a major update is coming before Christmas. :)

• @Pierre118 said:
    Last update was 3 years ago. Is the app so good that it needs no update or did the the developer stopped developing?

on his facebook page, he's been posting some progress with upcoming update. I believe he said in the past Link was coming - and a recent post had this comment from developer:

"New feature in progress... per cloud option to only activate on touch"

• I've enjoyed playing with Borderlands - I picked it up the last time it went on sale, which was a year or so ago. I have the same issue with this that I have with the rest of the granular synths - I have a hard time making actual music with them, and I'm not really into making ambient stuff. So while this is a very good app as far as functionality and sound, unfortunately for me it gathers virtual dust.

• Does this mean boardlands 2 is about to drop next month or something?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Does this mean boardlands 2 is about to drop next month or something?

no, just a long-overdue update to regular Borderlands.

• @Halftone said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Does this mean boardlands 2 is about to drop next month or something?

no, just a long-overdue update to regular Borderlands.

sounds good i will buy it then, if a new version was coming out i would wait for that one.

• The dev has teased a number of things in videos - AUv3 amongst them. I don't know whether that's in the upcoming, undated, undefined update, but it is clear he's been back to work on this after a long break.

• @Daveypoo said:
    I've enjoyed playing with Borderlands - I picked it up the last time it went on sale, which was a year or so ago. I have the same issue with this that I have with the rest of the granular synths - I have a hard time making actual music with them, and I'm not really into making ambient stuff. So while this is a very good app as far as functionality and sound, unfortunately for me it gathers virtual dust.

Same here on all points (on sale too), but ones like Tardigrain or now SpaceCraft’s last update you can play with MIDI notes and that is much more useful. Even Borderlands vs. SpaceCraft I used SpaceCraft once for a video and it turned out okay, but Borderlands I’ve only been able to get it to make what I would call noise nothing very musical.

• edited October 2018

To my ear, Borderlands is the best sounding granular engine on the ipad, it is one of the few that sounds musical to me. A lot of the others (even those with much more elaborate controls) sound quite unpleasant and jagged. True it is useless for melody, but it is really amazing for texture, ghostly sound warping, drone, and ambience. It is a fun one to show kids and non-musicians, because you don't need musical skill to make compelling sounds.

• iPhone version plz

• so is this sale a hint of an upcoming update?

• @DMan said:

@Daveypoo said:
    I've enjoyed playing with Borderlands - I picked it up the last time it went on sale, which was a year or so ago. I have the same issue with this that I have with the rest of the granular synths - I have a hard time making actual music with them, and I'm not really into making ambient stuff. So while this is a very good app as far as functionality and sound, unfortunately for me it gathers virtual dust.

Same here on all points (on sale too), but ones like Tardigrain or now SpaceCraft’s last update you can play with MIDI notes and that is much more useful. Even Borderlands vs. SpaceCraft I used SpaceCraft once for a video and it turned out okay, but Borderlands I’ve only been able to get it to make what I would call noise nothing very musical.

I have Quanta, which so far is the granular synth I like the most next to Stria & iPulsaret by apeSoft. The latter two are a blast for noise-making, but I can see the potential for some great tones in Quanta. Still sussing that one out, however, and haven't yet had my AHA moment.

• Killer App - the layering that happens on Borderlands makes it a multitrack granular playground, puts it in another league as far as granular software on any format - IOS or computer.

By superimposing musical parts on top of each other, I get great melodic outcomes as well as inspiring filmic soundtrack textures - plus I even get chord progressions out of it.
    It's all about the ideas that you put onto the surface.
    @Processaurus - agree: It also sounds the best / smoothest out of all of the granulars.

Long live the King

• Can't wait for the new stuff, bargain at this price