Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oh but the new subscription model will be great! Article linked about subscription scams on apps.

Comments

• edited October 2018

That's awful. So Apple are basically profiteering from theft/scams.
    They need to address this asap, or there'll be a big backlash.

It's also why I'd never do subscriptions. I don't trust it.

• It is a good idea to regularly check iTunes receipts ... I recently was charged 25 € for a test subscription that I had cancelled almost directly after subscribing. luckily I saw it in a list of charges and Apple refunded quickly.

• Yeah, my daughter downloaded two free apps, that had subscriptions that she didn't even know about. Luckily I have her as part of my family, and saw the email regarding the subscriptions. I had to change her phone so she could not buy free games without a password I have not given her.

I hate stuff like that.

• edited October 2018

@fotizimo said:
    Luckily I have her as part of my family,

Lol
    I can't stop laughing.

• @recccp said:

@fotizimo said:
    Luckily I have her as part of my family,

Lol
    I can't stop laughing.

yeah I definitely could have worded that better.

• I've seen this model (trick) also alreay a few times with Photography apps which I in most cases download because I do some photo and video things with my iDevice. Trick = price your app regular in the range of $.99 to $9.99 but make it also regular free. So people (including myself) think temporary free, so must download. When you download this temporary apps you'll see inmediately a trail for the same app but the pro or whatever special version that is subscription based. Tricky business promoted by Apple so we can read in the link you posted.

• Fuck subscription models for apps that don't actually use cloud or server farm space or power. Just obnoxious imo

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Fuck subscription models for apps that don't actually use cloud or server farm space or power. Just obnoxious imo

Or apps that don't even have content libraries!

This is why we need to read EVERYTHING! If a free app says "includes In-App purchases", see what's there. Read the critical reviews. Don't just download an app willy-nilly. I mean, in regards to Auxy, it's very clear and open about what to expect regarding trial period, pricing, etc. There are no scams or tricks. The Adobe Creative Cloud app is also very transparent about its subscription pricing as well as Clip Studio Paint. Not all apps are so transparent, and so it's up to us to try to read through the bullshit, and if we find an app that's scammy, go here https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ and report it to Apple right away.

• Yeah agreed, Auxy very upfront. There’s also a shortcut in the app to go DIRECTLY to the subscription in your Apple account and cancel it if you so choose. I’m off the sub right now but debating hooking it back up

• edited October 2018

“.....offer little functionality without upgrading, provide no transparency around how free trials work and make it difficult to stop subscription payments, among other things.”

From the article, that last bit in bold, that’s concerning. Perhaps the author has been confused. Or perhaps I have been. But I was under the impression there was only one way to stop a subscription; through iCloud / manage subscriptions. And that’s not very difficult. So are we realizing that an app / rogue shithead developer can somehow circumvent that cancellation and keep on charging the user? I don’t see how it’s possibke to make it difficult to stop a subscription payment schedule, but I find it really concerning that it might be happening under someone’s lacking radar. I think it’s time to dive into the credit card statements with a magnifying glass.

• @brice said:

“.....offer little functionality without upgrading, provide no transparency around how free trials work and make it difficult to stop subscription payments, among other things.”

From the article, that last bit in bold, that’s concerning. Perhaps the author has been confused. Or perhaps I have been. But I was under the impression there was only one way to stop a subscription; through iCloud / manage subscriptions. And that’s not very difficult. So are we realizing that an app / rogue shithead developer can somehow circumvent that cancellation and keep on charging the user? I don’t see how it’s possibke to make it difficult to stop a subscription payment schedule, but I find it really concerning that it might be happening under someone’s lacking radar. I think it’s time to dive into the credit card statements with a magnifying glass.

I think what they meant in the article is that the cancel subscription is deeply burried in settings and not easy to find. I could be wrong but it feels even more hidden than it was in iOS 11. Definitely not something I can go to with a tap and manage subscriptions, even if I know where it is.

• Doesn't this go through a system API? A clear message box ('You agree to pay xxx every yyy if you click agree') and / or parental checks would solve this, right?