Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App Store ratings

edited October 2018 in Other

You really should be able to flag these for stupidity and ignorance. Stuff like this is way too common.

Comments

• Good idea for a thread! Here's another one filled with lots of substance:

• does delete pending mean the user's review will be deleted? Cuz that would be a good thing in this case. At least the response is hilarious. If, the reviews and ratings didn't mean so much for the developer, I'da laughed about it longer.

• edited October 2018

@High5denied said:
    does delete pending mean the user's review will be deleted? Cuz that would be a good thing in this case. At least the response is hilarious. If, the reviews and ratings didn't mean so much for the developer, I'da laughed about it longer.

No, I've decided to delete my response, because it isn't really helpful and doesn't change anything, and Apple probably sees it as "problematic" and it might lower my "internal ranking" with them. But seriously, it's sometimes hard to resist reacting to such reviews. I mean, if the reviewer had listed a bullet point list of things that are broken in the app, false information in the description, etc. etc., I would have written an elaborate, detailed response. But in this case, what should you do!

• @SevenSystems said:

@High5denied said:
    does delete pending mean the user's review will be deleted? Cuz that would be a good thing in this case. At least the response is hilarious. If, the reviews and ratings didn't mean so much for the developer, I'da laughed about it longer.

No, I've decided to delete my response, because it isn't really helpful and doesn't change anything, and Apple probably sees it as "problematic" and it might lower my "internal ranking" with them. But seriously, it's sometimes hard to resist reacting to such reviews. I mean, if the reviewer had listed a bullet point list of things that are broken in the app, false information in the description, etc. etc., I would have written an elaborate, detailed response. But in this case, what should you do!

probably would have done the exact same thing(though less witty), then deleted it as well..

• You should check out some of the crazy reviews for Audiobus 2, regarding Audiobus 3 being a new app and not an upgrade.
    Made me want to hurt some people. >:)

• My next 1 star review will be “ 2 star for this app because I had to use an Apple iTunes ID to sign in to buy it! Another star deducted because I also had to be signed in to write this 2 star review now it’s 1 star!”

I’ve never done a 1star review, btw. I think 3 was my worst. If an app is that bad to have 1 star either I got it free anyway and then it is not warranted, or I likely learned about why I shouldn’t buy it beforehand. Given the prices of some apps, it’s hard to get really mad about some lacking feature. This reminds me, I started going through and reviewing most of my apps, but it’s quite a process and I have to get back to it.

• Also a favorite:

• @SevenSystems said:
    Also a favorite:

I'd say that it's more likely that the user who wrote the review has 'issues' or something?!
    Personally I've seen no need to get the multi-track recording IAP yet since I seldom record stuff and mostly draw notes when needed :)

• edited October 2018

Oi. I had to leave some constructive reviews on stuff I've tested after reading the above. I always forget to do that. Figure it doesn't matter in lots of spaces but in iOS, see a lot of apps without many.

• @Multicellular said:
    Oi. I had to leave some constructive reviews on stuff I've tested after reading the above. I always forget to do that. Figure it doesn't matter in lots of spaces but in iOS, see a lot of apps without many.

Yeah I keep forgetting. I will put a whole day aside soon and go on a review spree :)