Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Keylab49 caused audio distortion on Surface Go tablet

edited October 2018 in Other

I recently bought a Surface Go tablet and it’s been running fine until I connected it to my Arturia KeyLab49 controller keyboard.

The issue started when I was playing some of my tracks on Ableton Live and I used the built in speakers on my Surface Go. When I used the volume knob on the Arturia KeyLab49 to adjust the sound a bit louder I noticed that the sound on the left speaker has become distorted and crackles.

I tried uninstalling the sound driver in device manager and restarting windows 10 but the issue is still there. I played a YouTube video just in case it was an issue with the audio on Ableton Live but the distortion and crackle is still there on the left speaker. However when I use headphones there is no distortion and the sounds plays fine.

I fear I may have blown the left speaker on my Surface Go by turning the volume up using the volume knob on my KeyLab49. Please advise.

Comments

• edited October 2018

Well. It really sounds like you blew the speaker. Why not take it to a service center ?

• Yeah I’m taking it back for repair.

I just don’t understand why turning the volume knob on my Arturia controller keyboard would cause this. It’s not that there was any sound getting fed into my Surface Go.

• may I ask the specs of your tablet?

• @Artmuzz said:
    Yeah I’m taking it back for repair.

I just don’t understand why turning the volume knob on my Arturia controller keyboard would cause this. It’s not that there was any sound getting fed into my Surface Go.

What most likely happened is your surface go went somehow beyond 100% volume when you turned the knob.

• edited October 2018

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Artmuzz said:
    Yeah I’m taking it back for repair.

What most likely happened is your surface go went somehow beyond 100% volume when you turned the knob.

Could this be an error on the Arturia Keylab49 controller that when turning the volume knob it goes beyond 100% volume?

The speakers on the Surface Go are obviously not strong enough to go beyond 100% volume and as a result the left speaker blew.

I wish I had known that before and used proper audio monitors or headphones instead of the built in speakers on my Surface tablet.

It’s a pity because the Surface Go is a reasonably powerful enough tablet to run a DAW. I ran Bitwig and was able to run ten vst plugins simultaneously and the CPU was about 50 to 60%. I was able to run both Propellerhead Reason 10 and Ableton Live reasonably well too.

I was very happy that I was able to run Bitwig, Reason 10 and Ableton Live 10 with vst plugins on a tablet the size and weight of an iPad.

• sounds like you blew a speaker, and there's about a .5% chance that this has anything to do with the midi controller you were using.

if you're doing anything audio, there's no good reason to use the built in speakers anyhow, unless you're just testing what a mix sounds like on crappy little speakers. Probably better to get some decent little monitors or computer speakers than to fuss with the internals.

• @palm said:
    sounds like you blew a speaker, and there's about a .5% chance that this has anything to do with the midi controller you were using.

if you're doing anything audio, there's no good reason to use the built in speakers anyhow, unless you're just testing what a mix sounds like on crappy little speakers. Probably better to get some decent little monitors or computer speakers than to fuss with the internals.

Yeah I was just doing this to test if my recently purchased Keylab 49 worked fine with my recently purchased Surface Go. When I get my Surface tablet repaired I will know better to use headphones or monitors when it’s connected to my Arturia Keylab 49 and recording tracks.

• Allow me to rephrase my question, may I ask the specs of your recently purchased Surface Go on which you were able to simultaneously run 10 vsts along with Reason, Bitwig, and Ableton Live all reasonably well on a tablet the size and weight of an iPad ?

• edited October 2018

@kobamoto said:
    Allow me to rephrase my question, may I ask the specs of your recently purchased Surface Go on which you were able to simultaneously run 10 vsts along with Reason, Bitwig, and Ableton Live all reasonably well on a tablet the size and weight of an iPad ?

I don’t know how your question is related to my question but here goes...

The specs of my Surface Go is 1.6Ghz Pentium Gold, 8GB ram and 128GB SSD storage. I was very surprised how well this little baby can handle DAWs loaded with vsts. It’s great to finally have a device the size and weight of an iPad 9.7inch run full DAWs like Reason, Bitwig and Ableton. However, the multi touch experience is a lot better on Bitwig than the other DAWs but I found using the Surface Pen quite good on Reason.

• Thank you.