Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New track after revisiting GarageBand

Waiting for NS2, I decided to go back and explore GarageBand on the iPhone after a number of years of ignoring it and see what new tricks it had up its sleeve. Turns out it has a few nice ones. This track was done entirely in GB on the iPhone. In the auv3 department, I used bs-16i for piano and Galileo 2 for organ, as well as Bram Bos’ Kosmonaut and Perforator for effects on some GB sounds.

Comments

• In a few years time, it's come a pretty long way. It and Gadget are my two favorite right now, we'll see when NS2 comes out (NS1 was my first music app and actual first app store purchase when I got an iPhone 4)

Cool track! Is Galileo the paddy sound? Could be a really affected organ, I like the tone of it

• Thanks! Galileo makes a brief cameo at the very end. The pad is GB Alchemy.

• Ah, alchemy so good. I know the GB version not as good as it used to be, but, it’s still pretty damn good :)

• I was pleasantly surprised by the Alchemy sounds available, and being able to use auv3 plugins with them, I can further tweak with the nice suite of Bram Bos effects.

• I wanted to like this as it sounded like you were trying to make a house/ trance kind of track but as a producer of that kind of stuff I felt it kind of went off on a tangent and there were too many elements that didn’t gel well together and the drums could have been punchier

It didn’t grab me even after three listens but, the mix was very clear though

I reckon if you listened to what is happening in the electronica world today that might help future work?

Not being negative just honest and I hope you don’t mind 🙏🏻

• edited October 2018

@mindscaper Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I kinda of knew it was going off in too many different directions, and it is certainly one of my less "coherent" tracks.

I was more experimenting in GarageBand more than anything else, and likely reflects the difficulty with which I still have in that App piecing together thoughts (compared to NanoStudio, which was my bread and butter, I and I could very fluidly move things around to arrange a unified track).

That said, none of my music ever falls squarely into any particular genre. I’m always mixing and crossing, so I in that regard I’m usually going to deviate from expectations.

• @peanut_gallery that is a great track, great enough to make me reload GarageBand yet again. I think you have a good ear and your sounds are laid out nicely. It’s catchy!

• @peanut_gallery said:
    @mindscaper Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I kinda of knew it was going off in too many different directions, and it is certainly one of my less "coherent" tracks.

I was more experimenting in GarageBand more than anything else, and likely reflects the difficulty with which I still have in that App piecing together thoughts (compared to NanoStudio, which was my bread and butter, I and I could very fluidly move things around to arrange a unified track).

That said, none of my music ever falls squarely into any particular genre. I’m always mixing and crossing, so I in that regard I’m usually going to deviate from expectations.

RIP nanostudio the first..

Many migrated to gadget from it, have you tried it?

It seems you are after decent sequencing and I found the scenes in gadget very useful

i.e one instrument can be playing four bars while another one does 8 - meaning that the 4 bar one plays twice and saves adding more etc

Korg gives a different flavour but you can only audio paste stuff from other instruments into it and only a few bars at a time..

Electribe Wave is also nice and worth checking out

Should keep u busy till NS2 arrives at Xmas

• @mindscaper I actually am working on two or three different things in Gadget right now. Though the fact that I have so many things started there and none finished is probably a testament to some of the workflow walls I've run into there.

I love the sounds (which is what keeps me coming back) and I am very slowly getting the hang of manipulating the scenes. I still feel like re-arranging whole parts and sections on the fly is a bit of a chore, which tends to cramp my creativity in developing arrangements, and the MIDI editor is super fiddly, IMO, but I'm still working with it.

And perhaps if I stay busy with it, I'll have something finished by the time NS2 comes out around Christmas (hopefully).

• @peanut_gallery said:
    @mindscaper I actually am working on two or three different things in Gadget right now. Though the fact that I have so many things started there and none finished is probably a testament to some of the workflow walls I've run into there.

I love the sounds (which is what keeps me coming back) and I am very slowly getting the hang of manipulating the scenes. I still feel like re-arranging whole parts and sections on the fly is a bit of a chore, which tends to cramp my creativity in developing arrangements, and the MIDI editor is super fiddly, IMO, but I'm still working with it.

And perhaps if I stay busy with it, I'll have something finished by the time NS2 comes out around Christmas (hopefully).

We were fulfilled with ns1 weren’t we

It did everything and very effectively but as we grow as artists something changes and sometimes we need to get a new canvass and paintbrushes

I thought gadget was it for me then Electribe Wave turned up

When NS2 arrived maybe that will take over as long as it makes good techno, and I see no reason why not

Kindly link what you feel is your best track

It’s my thing on here to now focus on creations and check out what others are going towards the end result 😃

• Btw

Keep going with GB cause it IS complete in itself and the fx are pretty good

Check the reverb and delay on this- oh and the bass😂🙏🏻

• @mindscaper, the link below is what I would probably consider all around my most solid track.

Thanks for listening!

• @peanut_gallery said:
    @mindscaper, the link below is what I would probably consider all around my most solid track.

Thanks for listening!

Cool beans and wow look at how many listens and comments u got

I liked it even though it’s not my kind of style but at a guess I think you made funky prog rock with a mild psychedelic edge

Maybe u got your own unique style/ genre?

• Thanks! Yeah, I really don't fall easily into any one genre. I like electronic a lot, but I've got a strong penchant for pop and blues as well. Sometimes it all comes together really well, and other times not so much.