Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roli Noise and Audiobus/Blocs wave -- Whats the best workflow ?

I want to be able to get my noise created songs into blocs using audiobus.... what do you think is the best way? ... Ideally I want to be able to use the Arps and all the functions of the full app, (and not merely the AU version)... does anyone have a good workaround?

Comments

• Can Noise export and “open in” - I know Blocs is a destination for that. I don’t have much experience with Noise but I think that’d be your most direct route, you wouldn’t need AB as the middle man unless you wanted more processing.

• i think AU in a host is your only way unless u wanna lay a track in noise and sample it thru the the 1/8 jack. Noise doesn't let u export other than to their social media afaik

• @icsleepers said:
    Can Noise export and “open in” - I know Blocs is a destination for that. I don’t have much experience with Noise but I think that’d be your most direct route, you wouldn’t need AB as the middle man unless you wanted more processing.

you are saying,. start noise and export out! great idea!

• edited October 2018

I keep banging this drum because I think it’s a big deal.

Roli Noise standalone out to audio interface plugged into lighting port .
    Headphones plugged in to iDevice.
    Audio interface outputs looped back into audio interface inputs.
    Switch on Multiroute Audio in Audiobus 3.
    Audiobus 3 input slot set to lightning connector input and output slot set to DAW input.
    2nd AB3 channel input slot set to DAW output and output slot set to headphone outputs ONLY for monitoring the whole shebang.

Yes you get an extra set of D->A and A->D conversions going on, but you won’t be able to hear it.

Works like a charm with any NON AB/IAA/AUv3 audio app.

SWAM violin, viola and cello multitracked in Cubasis using the above method.
    https://choon.co/tracks/0mh59mp8vhf/roli-poly-tango/

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I keep banging this drum because I think it’s a big deal.

Roli Noise standalone out to audio interface plugged into lighting port .
    Headphones plugged in to iDevice.
    Audio interface outputs looped back into audio interface inputs.
    Switch on Multiroute Audio in Audiobus 3.
    Audiobus 3 input slot set to lightning connector input and output slot set to DAW input.
    2nd AB3 channel input slot set to DAW output and output slot set to headphone outputs ONLY for monitoring the whole shebang.

Yes you get an extra set of D->A and A->D conversions going on, but you won’t be able to hear it.

Works like a charm with any NON AB/IAA/AUv3 audio app.

SWAM violin, viola and cello multitracked in Cubasis using the above method.
    https://choon.co/tracks/0mh59mp8vhf/roli-poly-tango/

That's a good workaround, but we still need Roli to fix this problem

• @RubenDari said:
    I want to be able to get my noise created songs into blocs using audiobus.... what do you think is the best way? ... Ideally I want to be able to use the Arps and all the functions of the full app, (and not merely the AU version)... does anyone have a good workaround?

If you create an account you can export your projects as stems to other apps (e.g. AudioShare) You don’t have to get involved with their “social media” side.