Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who would buy a 15-inch iPad?

I doubt we’ll see one, but I’d love a 15-inch iPad Pro. I use it mostly at home/studio, so I don’t need to carry it under my arm the whole time. That said, it’d still be more portable than a 15-inch MacBook Pro.

And the big screen would be amazing for music, and for using two apps side by side.

Comments

• I probably wouldn't pay what Applw would ask and keep to the
    $500 or less iPad choices available.

That would be slightly larger than an 11x8.5" piece of paper so anyone reading sheet music would love it. Esp when the eyes start to go in old age. Make no mistake this device would cost close to $2000 at introduction and a screen that large would consume a lot of the required system RAM. It would never be allowed to run as hot as the MacBooks do with a fan to cool it.
    So, the CPU wouldn't replace a laptop running a big DAW.

I think the visual creatives would love it.

• edited October 2018

iOS sucks at multitasking. Even the 12.9 is just a big phone. A bigger screen wouldn’t do much.
    Fire everyone at apple, the joke level of magnitude in the software department is beyond bearable undecency.

• 11 inch is a sweet spot for me

• I think perhaps we might see something like that one day, why not? Not a for a few years. But when iOs is more desktop class. You could potentially get a 15 inch screen in a body only a bit bigger than the current 12.9.
    I would get one for the studio yes. Bigger screens make more things possible. Especially for art. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    I think perhaps we might see something like that one day, why not? Not a for a few years. But when iOs is more desktop class. You could potentially get a 15 inch screen in a body only a bit bigger than the current 12.9.
    I would get one for the studio yes. Bigger screens make more things possible. Especially for art. :)

Or Apple could make touch screen MacBooks for raw power and merge macOS and iOS so we could have all apps on MacBooks like Surface but still keep tablets and iOS as a category :smile:

• edited October 2018

I would. 15" would be the perfect size for studio setup imo.

• 15" would be studio only for me. I have the 12.9 pro and honestly is unwieldly for anything other than my ios use. Which is why I got it.

• edited October 2018

2 regular sized iPads mounted close to each other would be functionally much better ;)
    (available and affordable)

• I'd want a 17 inch iPad to be honest just to be my permanent Touchable Pro display.

• My wife would totally be happy with 15 inches....ya

of iPad...she draws on hers a lot.

• I enjoy the 12.9", but it's as big as I would go.

• I’ll buy whatever is affordablly priced