Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis after yesterdays ios update 14/Oct/18 (Solved )

Cubasis wont freeze or mixdown a simple piece of audio. There is no Au or Iaa effects involved.
Just a simple drum sample that took all morning to edit. Now after freeze or mix-down it’s either distorted
Or has artefacts. I’ve tried real-time and lowering the latency etc which make no difference.
So my audio is stuck ..... Of course I can simply record it into AUM then out into my Desktop
But that’s not the point. Very disappointed. iOS has let me down again.

Comments

• Why freeze then? Keep it as MIDI until you finish the project as a whole...

• I don’t use midi bud. Just Audio.

• Just going to tag @LFS here. Hopefully he can help you further mate, or at least rectify this bug. :) Cheers.

• @AndyPawlak said:
    I don’t use midi bud. Just Audio.

Well, can’t you leave mixdown for the end and work with your audio as is?

• @AndyPawlak Let’s hope for a fix. Steinberg is pretty regular with their updates.

• Sorry for your fustrations. Im just awaiting seperate track lengths 🙏🏻

• Hey thanx for the response guys. Theconnactic , i make edits then freeze each one or mix them down if I have too, so it’s integral to my process. Hopefully it’s just an update thing. Because I love Cubasis .

• What happens if you create a new project, will the freeze still be wonky?
    Out of curiosity, what sample-rate and bit-depth is being used?

I've had no issues freezing audio with the latest version of Cubasis on my Air 2, iOS12.0.1...

• Hey Samu, thanks for replying, 16 bit and haven’t touched the bit depth, it’s on both my iPads ( I air drop between the two ) .i suppose the file could be corrupted and not want to be processed again ? Is that a thing ? Il try a different piece of Audio. Thanks again.

• I use freeze often too, as my iPad won’t be able to cope with the load otherwise!

• I tested freezing and it works fine for me.
    But Cubasis still adds a bit of silence to any piece of audio, which renders Cubasis pretty useless for adding lots of small audio pieces to a larger track @LFS

• Thanks chaps , il just have to work around this. All the best.

• What update ? Nothing in UK over the weekend.

• @AndyPawlak said:
    Cubasis wont freeze or mixdown a simple piece of audio. There is no Au or Iaa effects involved.
    Just a simple drum sample that took all morning to edit. Now after freeze or mix-down it’s either distorted
    Or has artefacts. I’ve tried real-time and lowering the latency etc which make no difference.
    So my audio is stuck ..... Of course I can simply record it into AUM then out into my Desktop
    But that’s not the point. Very disappointed. iOS has let me down again.

Hi Andy,

So far we're unable to reproduce the problem, and Track Freeze works as expected.

Please provide us with a step description following this scheme. It is also fine to share the project with us.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Lars

• edited October 2018

Thankyou so much for responding, here is what I have found. The file in question was frozen once successfully before this occurred , then Klevgr Haaze was added for extra stereo field. When I tried to freeze again the artefact /distortion anomaly continually occurred. On both machines via air drop. So my conclusion is, when Haaze was added the file somehow got corrupted and refused to be effected again. Even compression wouldn’t work. I am not blaming Haaze but I have deleted it just in case.
    I have never had an iOS file do this before , but it’s the only explanation I can assert.
    I have successfully replicated the loop ( it took all last night) and it is freezing perfectly again, ( without Haaze).
    Sorry for the inconvenience but thank you all for the help. Much appreciated.
    Andy.

• @AndyPawlak said:
    Thankyou so much for responding, here is what I have found. The file in question was frozen once successfully before this occurred , then Klevgr Haaze was added for extra stereo field. When I tried to freeze again the artefact /distortion anomaly continually occurred. On both machines via air drop. So my conclusion is, when Haaze was added the file somehow got corrupted and refused to be effected again. Even compression wouldn’t work. I am not blaming Haaze but I have deleted it just in case.
    I have never had an iOS file do this before , but it’s the only explanation I can assert.
    I have successfully replicated the loop ( it took all last night) and it is freezing perfectly again, ( without Haaze).
    Sorry for the inconvenience but thank you all for the help. Much appreciated.
    Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update.
    Could you please mark the forum topic title as solved (so others can see it as well)?

Thanks again.

Best,
    Lars