Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

garageband As an input

MAY GarageBand Please be Made as an Input for Audiobus 3 ( : 🙏?

Comments

• Only Apple can do that. They have chosen not to. But I'm sure they care deeply about your concern. Not. :neutral:

• Are you disrespecting me sir?

• And why would you say they would ...Not? I haven’t even asked them

• So please treat me with respect I’m a newcomer here

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

@Jonavindanielwine02 said:
    Are you disrespecting me sir?

Absolutely not. I am disrespecting Apple. They have chosen not to make GarageBand compatible as an AudioBus input. They have not cared at all about many requests over the years from many people to change this, even though it would be trivial for them to do so. The "Not" referred to them caring about your request if you were to make it - based on their years of not caring about others who have done so. It was indeed sarcastic, but toward Apple, not you.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I promise no disrespect was intended toward you.

• Here is where you can request this feature directly to Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/garageband_ios.html.

Best of luck, really (no sarcasm).

• I am sure Apple are aware that this would be most welcome, but they want to keep GB as a destination and not a source, for their own reasons.

• @PhilW said:
    I am sure Apple are aware that this would be most welcome, but they want to keep GB as a destination and not a source, for their own reasons.

-> Money

• edited October 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@PhilW said:
    I am sure Apple are aware that this would be most welcome, but they want to keep GB as a destination and not a source, for their own reasons.

-> Money

😂 Yeah, like they really need more of that...

• edited October 2018

GB out to lightning hardware interface, loopback into hardware interface, lightning input into AB3, AB3 output into just the headphones for monitoring.

• edited October 2018

Could happen, but after all this time, I'd be surprised to see Apple make this available. I don't know why and, actually, I don't care. It's a free app that does so much within its own world. No excuse why someone can't be productive with it. We're free to use it as intended, or not. Apple certainly owes us nothing more.

• @Jonavindanielwine02 said:
    Are you disrespecting me sir?

Here’s the story behind the sarcastic responses on this forum: We have all been wishing for GarageBand Input to be allowed by GarageBand (apps can set themselves as “input” “effect” or “output” using the Audiobus function) but we have been frustrated for many years by their refusal to do so. Most of us have given up. GarageBand has had the resources and helpfulness of Michael and the Audiobus team at their disposal for years. Michael has helped many apps become Audiobus savvy, but GarageBand only wants to be a destination not an input. We all agree with you. Welcome to the forum!

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@PhilW said:

-> Money

How so? It’s free.

I’ve been assuming it’s just arrogance, for lack of any clue as to how it could benefit them financially. It would actually make me feel better if I understood a financial motive.

(Interesting ... greed is less offensive to me than arrogance. I wonder why I’m more often arrogant than greedy myself then?)

• Something tells me it’s something on their list to add but, like most new features Apple adds to GarageBand that seem easy to add but take forever nonetheless (EQ, compression, AUv3 effects support), I think they just plan on slowly doling out these features over time to make it look like it’s updated regularly.

For that matter, look at iMovie iOS, an app that currently has exactly the same number of “features” it had four years ago! I guess we should be so lucky!

• Thank you all for letting me know what happened ( :