Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

you know you are an app hoarder when ...

You keep refreshing the Audiobus forum to see what new has "landed". My god! It's friday!!! Where is the shiny!!!!???

Comments

• It’s much worse when you’re an app hoarder who’s in denial: one who is constantly debating and resisting which app they want to buy next.

• When you bump into a 'new app' only to realise it's already installed on your device...

• I remember the time when I was waiting for the price to drop before buying...

• @cuscolima said:
    I remember the time when I was waiting for the price to drop before buying...

It’s funny, I have a studio will a few thousand pounds worth of gear yet I sit there procrastinating over buying a $3.99 app!

• I knew I had gone a little overboard when I collected so many that I created a database, complete with app guides & manuals, just to keep track of them all ;)

Or when there's rarely a price next to any of the apps on the "You may also like" lists on the app store, as they've already been purchased.

• I prefer to use the term “collector”

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    I prefer to use the term “collector”

Exactly, well done, yes. We curate our collection, simple as that....

• @cuscolima said:

:D

• @sdesign said:

@cuscolima said:

It’s funny, I have a studio will a few thousand pounds worth of gear yet I sit there procrastinating over buying a $3.99 app!

I have apps worth a thousand pounds in total :)

• I don’t have a problem...
    with buying apps...laughing out loudn

• edited October 2018

Its about supporting the devs! I have bought quite a few cheaper apps that i knew i wouldnt have much if any use of, just because i liked what the dev was doing.

• @Samu said:
    When you bump into a 'new app' only to realise it's already installed on your device...

Haha, that’s me :)

But seriously, have you tried Riffer?
    I just boot and love it, even if it only has midi & ableton sync.
    I landed on AppStore a few days ago. I haven’t seen anyone talking about it yet.
    I absolutely love it, using MF Adapter in Audiobus. It’s working great, both for pads and faster arpeggios.

• @Kühl said:

@Samu said:
    When you bump into a 'new app' only to realise it's already installed on your device...

I landed on AppStore a few days ago. I haven’t seen anyone talking about it yet.
    I absolutely love it, using MF Adapter in Audiobus. It’s working great, both for pads and faster arpeggios.

I knew I shouldn’t have come here today. Thanks for the riffer news.

• @Kühl said:

@Samu said:

Nope, once it gets AUv3 treatment I might consider it...
    Next purchase will most likely be the RatShack reverb/delay from AudioDamage :)

I'm trying really hard to cut down on app-spendings with Drambo, NS2 and a few others coming I better save some store credits...

• @Samu said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:

I'm trying really hard to cut down on app-spendings with Drambo, NS2 and a few others coming I better save some store credits...

That’s what I’m “trying” to do as well.

• @kinkujin said:

To put the app-spendings in perspective I got actually pretty scared when I summed up the app-spendings over the years, ~2 maxed out 2017 12'9" iPad Pro's...

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

To put the app-spendings in perspective I got actually pretty scared when I summed up the app-spendings over the years, ~2 maxed out 2017 12'9" iPad Pro's...

Gulp. I don’t feel so bad.

Senode, ModStep, BM3 ... all recently. I need to get to work and stop browsing.

Oh yeah, I completed my Bram Bos collection last night with the FM synths. Good weekend ahead — plus rainy so no guilt! :D

• @kinkujin said:

Gulp. I don’t feel so bad.

Senode, ModStep, BM3 ... all recently. I need to get to work and stop browsing.

Oh yeah, I completed my Bram Bos collection last night with the FM synths. Good weekend ahead — plus rainy so no guilt! :D

At some point I'll also need to 'upgrade' my iOS hardware.
    My old iPhone 5 will likely be replaced by iPhone Xr when it ships and I'll have to see what the new iPad Pro's will be like and my MacBook Air is starting to feel it's age too...

As mentioned earlier, I have so many apps already I 'forget' which ones I have and it's kinda scary when a 'new' app pops up in a thread here and I already have it installed.(Latest one was 'Harmony Eight' which I though would be nice to have and I already had it).

For me I'll just try to focus on my 'app trinity'(BM3, Gadget & Cubasis) and a bunch AUv3's :)
    I do have a soft spot for the Korg apps...

• ...your app folders are so crowded that you scroll just trough your apps and think that you don‘t need anymore and realize that you don‘t use 99% of them anymore.

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

For me I'll just try to focus on my 'app trinity'(BM3, Gadget & Cubasis) and a bunch AUv3's :)

Me too. So much so that I had to buy KEW but already had GR-16 which I really like. Sometimes it can get silly.

• @Samu said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:

I know, I know auv3 yeye! But I actually had immense fun with Riffer. I also had my dark thoughts, and almost expected this app to be refund-food... but it was amazing. Just saying this, not to convince an auv3-vampire ;) but for everyone else sniffing on this app. But I hope they will make it audio unit within reasonable time.

• @kinkujin said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:

• Whispering ”Riffer” softly in ear 👂

😆

• @kinkujin said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

Me too. So much so that I had to buy KEW but already had GR-16 which I really like. Sometimes it can get silly.

I'm addicted to the 'Korg Sound' so KEW was like feeding pot to a junkie :)
    GR-16 has been a long standing favourite and the latest update even included some samples made by me LOL...

I do admit that I have an 'instabuy reaction' to stuff from a few selected developers...
    (Korg, BramBos, Klevgr & AudioDamage to name a few).

• @kinkujin said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

I’m holding out (on buying KEW) but it’s HARD!!

• @Kühl said:

@kinkujin said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:

😆

I’ll show this post to my wife after I’ve bought it. It’s not my fault, Kuhl said!

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

GR-16 has been a long standing favourite and the latest update even included some samples made by me LOL...

I do admit that I have an 'instabuy reaction' to stuff from a few selected developers...

@gusgranite said:

@kinkujin said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

I’m holding out (on buying KEW) but it’s HARD!!

Yes! This pertains to my hardware choices as well - Wavestation, M3, Volca (Keys,Bass,Beats and Kick), Mini and Monologue Yeah, more synths than talent, or brains. Not that that is going to stop me!

• “Not that that is going to stop me!“

Many people feel the same way so you are not alone.
    I knew I was an app hoarder when I couldn’t part with old iPhones with old iOS just so I could maybe one day use apps that won’t work on modern iDevices/iOS, but I still never use those old apps.
    But maybe one day...

• @kinkujin said:

@Kühl said:

@kinkujin said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:

😆

I’ll show this post to my wife after I’ve bought it. It’s not my fault, Kuhl said!

I gave one of my iPads to my wife, whom is educated at the same music College as me, in the sincere hope of her using my apps to make something cool... but after waiting for ages, I went checking and found Candy Crush downloaded 😂 😆 😂
    Being from Seoul, she isn’t blond either... just busy. I guess its relaxing, though I’ve never tried it. I prefer a pussycat on my lap. But now my cat Tiger has occupied the second iPad, watching bird movies. I guess I have to be sneaky to retrieve it. Fighting girls & tigers is a two front battle I will lose...
    So back to Riffer... :smiley:

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

I like the “feeding pot to a junkie” quote. 😂
    I picture a junkie being forced to eat cannabis plants 🌱 😜

• .... When your fav synth apps used to fit on one page of your iPad (no folders) and now it takes up 3 pages then you have another 3 pages of sometimes apps