Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

You’ve never seen Bach played this way! Meet the Brazilian cavaquinho! Cello suite 3, Courante

What happens when we play a famous Bach cello piece on a Cavaquinho? Let me answer: magic!

This is my rendition on the Brazilian cavaquinho (no, it's not an ukulele) of the third movement of Bach's cello suite 3 in C major, BWV 1009, the "Courante". I already heard it transcribed for a plethora of instruments (by the way, check out the great maestro Andrés Segovia playing it on the classical guitar), but I'm pretty certain that on the cavaquinho, I’m the absolute first.

As usual, recorded in Auria Pro (iOS) using an Apogee One, MXL mics and my Tagima cavaquinho.

Comments

• Very beautiful and excellent playing! I wish I was anywhere near that, but all I can do is play samba (strummed).
    About your claim, I dunno man... There are plenty of excellent brazilian cavaquinhistas, I’m sure someone like for instance Henrique Cazes have played bach before :)
    Excellent work, nonetheless

• Could you play it on a sitar, please? Then a washtub bass if possible? You are awesome, man.

• @pedro said:
    Very beautiful and excellent playing! I wish I was anywhere near that, but all I can do is play samba (strummed).
    About your claim, I dunno man... There are plenty of excellent brazilian cavaquinhistas, I’m sure someone like for instance Henrique Cazes have played bach before :)
    Excellent work, nonetheless

Even though I didn’t find any other version yet on the cavaquinho for this Courante other than my own, I don’t doubt you he could play it: Henrique Cazes is a great maestro of the instrument. Much respect! Thank you a lot!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Could you play it on a sitar, please? Then a washtub bass if possible? You are awesome, man.

Lol, Bach would sound cool on a sitar! Thank you so much!

• Fantastic!! I love the Cello Suites!! I still think I like it better on cello (or maybe some other more tenor instruments), but your playing is amazing and I do like that Cavaquinho sound.

• Big smile on my face, Bach is my hero

• This guy is just too good

• Great vids, @Telstar5! Thanks for sharing!

• @DMan said:
    Fantastic!! I love the Cello Suites!! I still think I like it better on cello (or maybe some other more tenor instruments), but your playing is amazing and I do like that Cavaquinho sound.

Thank you so much! It’s always nice to show the possibilities of an “ethnical” instrument beyond its culture of origin; glad you enjoyed it!

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Big smile on my face, Bach is my hero

Thank you, it means a lot!

• @theconnactic sorry, I’m in need of reading glasses, I thought you meant Bach in general, not this particular piece...
    Again, impressive work!

About Cazes, he’s the man, alright. I learned the chords from his book I got many years ago. Have it in pdf if you want it (portuguese), although you know everything in it alreay, for sure.

Btw, just curious, which tuning do you prefer, traditional or like the guitar?

• edited October 2018

Really cool, amazing skill @theconnactic
    Any Debussy or Eric Satie cover by chance ? :)

• @crony said:
    Really cool, amazing skill @theconnactic
    Any Debussy or Eric Satie cover by chance ? :)

I don’t know Satie’s repertoire very much, but Debussy is actually a great suggestion. Thank you so much!

• @pedro said:
    @theconnactic sorry, I’m in need of reading glasses, I thought you meant Bach in general, not this particular piece...
    Again, impressive work!

About Cazes, he’s the man, alright. I learned the chords from his book I got many years ago. Have it in pdf if you want it (portuguese), although you know everything in it alreay, for sure.

Btw, just curious, which tuning do you prefer, traditional or like the guitar?

These days, mostly guitar - save lots of time to transcribe, and there’s at least one video on my channel I tune in fifths like a violin. (Low to high, G-D-A-E) Cheers!

• I figured that would be the case, you’re a guitar player, right? Cheers

• @pedro said:
    I figured that would be the case, you’re a guitar player, right? Cheers

Yes, I began in the classical guitar!