Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stage One Ideas

edited October 2018 in Creations

Having always been jealous of you peeps who finish anything, I have decided it might be a nice idea to have a place where we can post the unfinished. A place where those poor lonely ideas, riffs, part songs, loops etc can exist in all there unfinished, unmixed and generally forgotten glory :D

Ok I will start off with a few of my months lonely outtakes ;) once I’ve remembered how to post sound cloud things again lol

All noodles and noodling welcome. Videos, sound clips....what ever ya fancy :)

Comments

• edited October 2018

• edited October 2018

• So post any snippets here guys and gals.

Make comment. Talk about the stuff you made it with. Or just make bad jokes - I don’t care, as long as these poor cast offs have a place to live lol

• edited October 2018

removed from soundcloud

• This was a nice initiative @Fruitbat1919
    but my OCD won’t let me put unfinished snippets on SoundCloud.
    However, I can screen grab a video and link it from YouTube, if that is ok

• @Kühl said:
    This was a nice initiative @Fruitbat1919
    but my OCD won’t let me put unfinished snippets on SoundCloud.
    However, I can screen grab a video and link it from YouTube, if that is ok

Go for it dude :)

• It's really cool that you are posting these, surely a step on the road to being able to call something "finished". undoubtedly some interesting ideas here, & the artwork is great............will be tuned in to see how it develops over time :)

Listening to Collide Wide Sound as i type....sounds like a really unique (in a good way) composition to me...........could be called "finished" if you wanted to! B)

• @Iso said:
    It's really cool that you are posting these, surely a step on the road to being able to call something "finished". undoubtedly some interesting ideas here, & the artwork is great............will be tuned in to see how it develops over time :)

Listening to Collide Wide Sound as i type....sounds like a really unique (in a good way) composition to me...........could be called "finished" if you wanted to! B)

Thank you. It’s encouraging to know something is getting somewhere. I will be happier when I get a mic again and start getting some vocals involved. Maybe learn some bass too as my tracks seem to lack bass lines often, as I’ve not got a clue. I’ve literally made hundreds of part tracks and ideas since I got my iPad.

Am hoping some others post ideas too, so I can learn from them. Listening to polished finished tracks doesn’t always give me the ideas I’m craving to help push myself further (if you know what I mean) :)

• The iPad mic is not too shabby by all accounts, definitely usable.Recording it through AUM is probably the way to get the best out of it AFAIK. As for bass, how about using samples? Another thing you could do is to mash several previous recorded ideas together to create something new, or chop up bits of old discarded ideas, & put them through extreme fx processors to make something mental. It's all up for grabs.......fade outs are a good way to tidy up messy endings.............& intros for that matter..............my finished output is about 1% of the experiments i do, .............maybe one every couple of weeks if I'm lucky......going through a lean spell at the moment...........don't worry your not the only one who finds it difficult to finish stuff...........just persevere with it & you will suddenly get on a streak where it all clicks..........it's worth it for those moments! B)

• @Iso said:
    The iPad mic is not too shabby by all accounts, definitely usable.Recording it through AUM is probably the way to get the best out of it AFAIK. As for bass, how about using samples? Another thing you could do is to mash several previous recorded ideas together to create something new, or chop up bits of old discarded ideas, & put them through extreme fx processors to make something mental. It's all up for grabs.......fade outs are a good way to tidy up messy endings.............& intros for that matter..............my finished output is about 1% of the experiments i do, .............maybe one every couple of weeks if I'm lucky......going through a lean spell at the moment...........don't worry your not the only one who finds it difficult to finish stuff...........just persevere with it & you will suddenly get on a streak where it all clicks..........it's worth it for those moments! B)

All good idvice. I will have to give the iPad mic a go - need some head phones first though as my old ones were chewed up by my dog lol.

• edited October 2018

hehe! I have a different problem...... :D

• @Iso said:

Lmao does your cat leave the house when you use monitors? My dog really dislikes certain sounds I make! (Kind of serves him right for the headphones though). Luckily our neighbour is deaf anyway :D

• edited October 2018

• edited October 2018

removed from soundcloud

• Well this idea bombed lol :p

• @Iso said:

The perfect reason why studio monitors are better than headphones :D

• edited October 2018

removed from soundcloud

• edited October 2018

@Iso said:

When i was a kid, our cat pissed in my moms one shoe and shat on another pair of the same shoes as a protest xD

• So I take it cats and music don’t go....or is it cats and shoes?

• @Iso said:

I need a bigger speaker! Yes that’s the plan....more noise!!! :D