Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus default add view AU instead Apps

edited October 2018 in Feature Wishlists

Another little feature request for you @Michael :)

Do you think it could be possible to change add default view to Audio units instead apps? Could make sense as lot of us use now mostly AU. Or perhaps AB could remember which tab has been used in midi/audio in/fx/out slots even after closing AB? As it already do it while being used, could be the best option B)

Comments

• Yeah, I intend to remember which tab was used last, and show that next time =)

• @Michael said:
    Yeah, I intend to remember which tab was used last, and show that next time =)

That’s great thanks ;)

• Great news. I also mainly use AU’s. An most of us I guess, but a “remember choice” would be brilliant!

• I have a related request ... I would love to see an option, in the apps tab, to hide apps from the list. I have about seven pages of apps in the list but only ever use about 20 per cent of them. It would be cool to swipe to hide the ones I never use so that the list is smaller and more usable. (And then an option in settings to show hidden, so that they can be brought back).

• @Michael I know this request must be counter intuitive to you as developer because the length of the list is a testimony of your success ...
    but as these lists grow so long (with apps in them that don‘t even work properly) it would be nice to slim it down to what‘s used. :smile:

• @Michael you’re as fast as light, nice update thanks!!! :)

• Welcome! :)

Good point @nick - I'll have a think about the best way to achieve it

• Perhaps a favourites tab ?
    One other minor detail
    When you choose to load or save etc i feel like the options aren't part of the project, they seem to blend in to the project name below, hope you understand what i mean
    There should be a more defined box, or the other projects should go more transparent....

But apart from that, thanks again for all you're work and basically being the developer that changed ios music making !!

• Favorites or 'Most Used goes on Top" feature :)

• I’ve never understood why we couldn’t just put them all up in one list. Whether you’re looking for and Audio app or an AU app, you’re just looking for an app.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I’ve never understood why we couldn’t just put them all up in one list. Whether you’re looking for and Audio app or an AU app, you’re just looking for an app.

Since a good portion of the apps have both an IAA and an AUv3 version, the list would be even longer and more overwhelming than it is now. But I agree with you that logically there shouldn't be two separate lists.

It's so easy to forget the search box at the top! That really is the best solution ('cept maybe a favorites tab could be handy).