Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioDamage Ratshack Reverb

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    during a period of thrift store grubbing in the early 2000s...

If only your High School self knew what the future held :)

If your high school self was playing with feedback loops on this equipment, it's safe to say the past and future didn't hold much admiration from the gender to which you're attracted. I mean, that's what I've heard.... :#

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

It would not be very surprised. I've tried my damndest to remain the same. However...gravity really does suck! 🤣

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

It would not be very surprised. I've tried my damndest to remain the same. However...gravity really does suck! 🤣

Bravo :)

I was imagining the interpretation of thrift store grubbing but perhaps that is simply far more mysterious and filthy-sounding to English ears...

• @mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

If your high school self was playing with feedback loops on this equipment, it's safe to say the past and future didn't hold much admiration from the gender to which you're attracted. I mean, that's what I've heard.... :#

I discovered early on that if you can convince them that it's "a David Bowie thing" one can get away with all kinds of weirdness.

• @mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Some wounds remain disguised as scars, I like them, they always say to me hurt and healed... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

I was imagining the interpretation of thrift store grubbing but perhaps that is simply far more mysterious and filthy-sounding to English ears...

I "transposed" it from the term "book grubbing" which is apparently the industry term for scrounging through secondhand and used bookstores in pursuit of books for resale. I just loved that term. During those days, I spent a lot of time in thrift stores looking for those books. I also had to point out to helpful friends who accompanied me, "Well, there are valuable books, and there are certainly old valuable books. Unfortunately, what you have there is just an old book. However, this 10 year-old paperback about a murder in the Midwest is worth $60...crazy, isn't it?"

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

I "transposed" it from the term "book grubbing" which is apparently the industry term for scrounging through secondhand and used bookstores in pursuit of books for resale. I just loved that term. During those days, I spent a lot of time in thrift stores looking for those books. I also had to point out to helpful friends who accompanied me, "Well, there are valuable books, and there are certainly old valuable books. Unfortunately, what you have there is just an old book. However, this 10 year-old paperback about a murder in the Midwest is worth $60...crazy, isn't it?"

I think the sound of it for me reminded me of 'Grub Street', from Wiki:

Until the early 19th century, Grub Street was a street close to London's impoverished Moorfields district that ran from Fore Streer east of St Giles-without-Cripplegate north to Chiswell Street. Famous for its concentration of impoverished "hack writers", aspiring poets, and low-end publishers and booksellers, Grub Street existed on the margins of London's journalistic and literary scene. It was pierced along its length with narrow entrances to alleys and courts, many of which retained the names of early signboards. Its bohemian society was set amidst the impoverished neighbourhood's low-rent dosshouses, brothels and coffeehouses.

The whole entry is worth the read...especially for boys far from home :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Until the early 19th century, Grub Street was a street close to London's impoverished Moorfields district that ran from Fore Streer east of St Giles-without-Cripplegate north to Chiswell Street. Famous for its concentration of impoverished "hack writers", aspiring poets, and low-end publishers and booksellers, Grub Street existed on the margins of London's journalistic and literary scene. It was pierced along its length with narrow entrances to alleys and courts, many of which retained the names of early signboards. Its bohemian society was set amidst the impoverished neighbourhood's low-rent dosshouses, brothels and coffeehouses.

Yes, interesting read! Barbican Estate now huh? What a dark, ugly place that is (at least it was 10 years ago). Great music at the Barbican though. I saw the KLF millennium gig there and John Zorn’s Masada. Two highlights.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Thanks. That was a great read about high seriousness and silly men!

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

And thus us :)

• @gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Yes, interesting read! Barbican Estate now huh? What a dark, ugly place that is (at least it was 10 years ago). Great music at the Barbican though. I saw the KLF millennium gig there and John Zorn’s Masada. Two highlights.

It is a regret of mine that i NEVER went there....ah well.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

And thus us :)

You know it!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Some wounds remain disguised as scars, I like them, they always say to me hurt and healed... :)

They're not disguised as scars, scars are the tougher layer that develops from the wounds, that say hurt, healed, survived, tougher and better.

That's my therapist side of life speaking....

• edited October 2018

@mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mrufino1 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

They're not disguised as scars, scars are the tougher layer that develops from the wounds, that say hurt, healed, survived, tougher and better.

That's my therapist side of life speaking....

I hear you... he says softly while maintaining steady eye contact and keeping his hands in plain sight....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

It is a regret of mine that i NEVER went there....ah well.

The Barbican's one of my favourite places/spaces :)

• @Multicellular said:
    Oh man. I had that Radio Shack 'reverb' unit.

Oh man. I HAVE that Radio Shack 'reverb' unit. I got two - they were ride-alongs on some gear I got from ebay last year. I gave one away and kept one. Have yet to use it. Figured it was going to be horrid but it was shiny so I kept it.

• Is it out yet? (Will most likely land at $1.99 or so).

Since I've never owned that hardware version I'm really interested in how 'trashy' this can make things sound :)

• @Iso said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Iso said:

@grego68 said:
    It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb.

It was sold through Tandy in the U.K. Realistic was their in-house brand, they did a mixer as well which had a similar design............

I have one of the mixers as well.
    I came across a treasure trove of RatShack merch during a period of thrift store grubbing in the early 2000s 🤣

Really useful little mixer, well worth picking up if found cheap at a boot market................great for anyone putting a little off grid thing together........

I wish I still have my TRS-80

I remember being amazed to turn the TV screen green and make a beep sound.....

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Iso said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Iso said:

@grego68 said:
    It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb.

It was sold through Tandy in the U.K. Realistic was their in-house brand, they did a mixer as well which had a similar design............

I have one of the mixers as well.
    I came across a treasure trove of RatShack merch during a period of thrift store grubbing in the early 2000s 🤣

Really useful little mixer, well worth picking up if found cheap at a boot market................great for anyone putting a little off grid thing together........

I wish I still have my TRS-80

I remember being amazed to turn the TV screen green and make a beep sound.....

Dude. Parsec.

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:
    Is it out yet? (Will most likely land at $1.99 or so).

Since I've never owned that hardware version I'm really interested in how 'trashy' this can make things sound :)

I really wonder how many of each of their apps they're selling. It seems to me that releasing a $1.40 reverb after Apple's cut might not be worth the coding effort. Then again, he's doing it, so maybe it is.

Either way, he's got my $1.40

• @gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Yes, interesting read! Barbican Estate now huh? What a dark, ugly place that is (at least it was 10 years ago). Great music at the Barbican though. I saw the KLF millennium gig there

Ooh you lucky thing.

Closest I got to seeing the KLF, was when a girl in my office said “you like the KLF don’t you? Do you want to come out with us tonight - we’re going out for a drink with them tonight, and to interview them for the (forgot the name of it, Bristol-based) mag’

Yeah right, I chuckled, but nearly choked when I read about it a few years later in one of Bill Drummond’s books.

• @MonzoPro said:

@gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Yes, interesting read! Barbican Estate now huh? What a dark, ugly place that is (at least it was 10 years ago). Great music at the Barbican though. I saw the KLF millennium gig there

Ooh you lucky thing.

Closest I got to seeing the KLF, was when a girl in my office said “you like the KLF don’t you? Do you want to come out with us tonight - we’re going out for a drink with them tonight, and to interview them for the (forgot the name of it, Bristol-based) mag’

Yeah right, I chuckled, but nearly choked when I read about it a few years later in one of Bill Drummond’s books.

I can’t remember too much about the gig. I think there was a stage full of fishermen in oilskins waving their oars along to the music at one point...

• @gusgranite said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Ooh you lucky thing.

I can’t remember too much about the gig. I think there was a stage full of fishermen in oilskins waving their oars along to the music at one point...

From the vids, I see they donned wheelchairs and make-up to make them look as old as they are now, and horns.

• Just noticed this was up in the App Store.

• Love it. Never knew it was exactly the kind of thing I needed to have. Now I gotta go listen to Elvis

• Ratshack prices too! Most excellent.