Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Prediction: Korg Gadget .....Electribe Wave.........

Gadget.

Check.

Electribe Wave.

Check.

If I had to guess, Electribe Wave would be a an ideal way to beta a new app or upgrade while making money. Maybe Electribe Wave is the next evolution of Korg Gadget or in fact an entirely new Korg AU Host App.

Let's face it.

Korg Gadget needs a few things.

What I see as the most important are AU of each Gadget and an "Ableton Style" GUI.

That being said.

I am guessing...hoping....predicting.....that Electribe Wave is a test balloon for developers at Korg as they get close to the big release that gives the users what they clamor for.

At least me anyway.

Or maybe not.

Just a thought.

What are yours?

Does seem odd that Electribe Wave is really sucking the life out of Gadget in ways. I noticed it as well. I mean size alone.

I def feel more is to be revealed with Korg and the Gadget saga.

Comments

• I hope the sequencer is going to be better if this is their plan.

• @Jocphone said:
    I hope the sequencer is going to be better if this is their plan.

I think that is the point.

This is just a dress rehearsal.

Gadget has the sequencer that will be used.

This is testing some new ways of approaching the same thing but in a fresh way.

Gadget has been ghost for a minute.

I think the WaveTribe is part of the plan in some way.

• I def feel more is to be revealed with Korg and the Gadget saga.

I agree with this. There seems to be a huge interest (have to admit I fell in too) in the closed system of the groovebox thing here of late. I don't have a clue how Korg thinks but the whole Stockholm thing and the recent updates to Gadget indicate they are certainly not done with it.

Very exciting for the Korg fanboys, which I guess I really am.

• All I see are 'hints' on what features might pop up in Gadget :)

Like numerical presentation of the recorded the automation values for starters, or 'chord pads' with easy to register chords (ie. copy notes from a pattern step to chord slot), the Kaos pad etc. But a 'keyboard with Y-Axis velocity' is still missing as are mod-wheel and pitch-bend.

KEW still has some in my very humble opinion WTF's and un implemented features (like why is the 'position' knob active on the PCM waves when it does nothing?(I expected it to be usable for sample-start automation).

And when chaining patterns to song, please add transpose option per 'pad' instead of the entire pattern.

The synth and samples should be ported over to Gadget and if they do a new drum-gadget bring over the synth drums from the original iElectribe!(this might happen since they are still keeping the code-base updated).

Oh well, what ever drops I'll hopefully have some store-credits available...

• Next will be a new Kaossilator stand-alone. Hopefully. Or they could easily bake this into Wave

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Jocphone said:
    I hope the sequencer is going to be better if this is their plan.

I think that is the point.

This is just a dress rehearsal.

Gadget has the sequencer that will be used.

This is testing some new ways of approaching the same thing but in a fresh way.

Gadget has been ghost for a minute.

I think the WaveTribe is part of the plan in some way.

I have wanted the Gadgets inside Electribe Wave from day 1, everyone else was asking for Electribe in Gadget.....this would essentially be two things that have the same functionality but presented through 2 different points of view.

Gadget = Studio view, KEW = Instrument/groovebox view
    gadget will allow more tracks and more FX per track, it also has MIDI Out, but otherwise I think they would both have the same functionality just presented differently.

Patterns in KEW = Scenes in Gadget (Ok gadget has unlimited tracks so better ?)
    Song Mode in KEW = Main arrange window in Gadget
    Gadget view = Sound View
    Mixer = Mixer

They look different but provide the same functions, even the workflow is very similar.

It just proves how much the UI influences peoples reaction to something and how comfortable people feel with it, demonstrating how doing the exact same thing in 2 different environments can feel so different.

What I would dream about and watch constant YT vids on, and check retail prices daily, and monitor eBay for after release would be

A hardware Electribe that has physical pads/knobs/kaoss pad and can run Gadgets....so if you get a new Gadget you can upload it to your electribe and add it to your collection. Have projects portable between Gadget/Electribe Wave and erm..... Electribe Gadget/Gadgetribe.

They could even make a second hardware device that looks more like a mixer (similar to Zoom 24) that runs the same software :D

• I think what this forum largely continues to miss is that korg sees gadget as a port for Ableton. They have been going this direction for a while with ableton live export and then the implementation of mac gadget and ableton gadget vst implementation. I don't think they have any plans to make it a fully implemented ios music tool.

KEW seems like a toy to me, a powerful toy, but a toy. Right now it does not align with what appears to be their current plan of porting ios products to ableton. If they make it port then what appears to be their business strategy will be extremely clear. If they add ableton live export or a way to port into gadget so you can get it into Ableton the message is clear.

• More of a fantasy than a prediction. :#

• *KEW seems like a toy to me, a powerful toy, but a toy. *

This I don't get.

• @kinkujin said:
    *KEW seems like a toy to me, a powerful toy, but a toy. *

This I don't get.

Its a groove box and doesn't port to anything?

• @shiftsynth1 said:

@kinkujin said:

This I don't get.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure what got it "toy" category. I've heard stuff that sounded pretty good to my aging ears, and users who seem to be very productive in it. But, I get what you're saying.

• Now THIS would be truly interesting. The iKaossilator app have so much potential, i always wondered why they did not further develop it.

@db909 said:
    Next will be a new Kaossilator stand-alone. Hopefully. Or they could easily bake this into Wave

• @kinkujin said:

@shiftsynth1 said:

@kinkujin said:

This I don't get.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure what got it "toy" category. I've heard stuff that sounded pretty good to my aging ears, and users who seem to be very productive in it. But, I get what you're saying.

No midi out... :'(

• I see here next wishlist for KORG's apps. You should ask @davis_korgrd because - maybe he knows something.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I see here next wishlist for KORG's apps. You should ask @davis_korgrd because - maybe he knows something.

He said yesterday they were still working with the Electribe wave code base and that we should eventually expect to see a bit more relating to that. But I have since not been able to find that post. Maybe he said too much and deleted

• @db909 said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    I see here next wishlist for KORG's apps. You should ask @davis_korgrd because - maybe he knows something.

He said yesterday they were still working with the Electribe wave code base and that we should eventually expect to see a bit more relating to that. But I have since not been able to find that post. Maybe he said too much and deleted

Bottom of this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28992/electribe-wave-demo-track#latest

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@db909 said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Bottom of this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28992/electribe-wave-demo-track#latest

Good work sir!