Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• and the app addiction continues :-) I hope this sale passes through for the AB site...

• For this price, is really a steal. I am just a mere dilettante, but this app makes really beautiful sounds.

• Aww man, I'm trying not to buy every synth. Would you say this a crucial app?

• i wouldn't say it's a crucial app

• edited March 2014

• Well crucial or not, the way I look at it is it's only $2.99. Same price as cup of coffee or a beer. Coffee is gone and forgotten in a few minutes. Cassini will be there for as long as you want to enjoy it.

• I love this synth. It's a gem. It has it's own unique sound IMO. The only downside is how many controls there are and that it's hard to know what effect they will have on the sound. But there are lots of presets and more available online. I've used it in several tracks...

• @jesse_ohio said:

I love this synth. It's a gem. It has it's own unique sound IMO. The only downside is how many controls there are and that it's hard to know what effect they will have on the sound. But there are lots of presets and more available online. I've used it in several tracks...

+1 Everything @jesse_ohio said... I will definitely get a lot of use out of this synth. I will need to spend about an hour playing w this app w manual in hand to get a better grip on its controls. (But, in general I tend towards the RTFM side of things.)

• edited December 2013

(duplicate post)

• edited March 2014

• How can I set the velocity in Cassini? :)

• @Simon said:

@thinds said:

Well crucial or not, the way I look at it is it's only $2.99. Same price as cup of coffee or a beer. Coffee is gone and forgotten in a few minutes. Cassini will be there for as long as you want to enjoy it.

That is a dangerous way to look at it :-)

I used to think like you, but the danger is not the $$ss spent... it is the time you lose learning how to use all these apps. Many apps are easy and obvious, but some you really have to sit down with the manual and work through them.

But, yeah, $2-99 for Cassini is really tempting... oh dear, there I go again :-)

True Simon, it will take time to learn but I reckon I have 30 years left in me. plenty of time.....until the next app comes along anyway :-)

• edited December 2013

@dj8 said:

I will need to spend about an hour playing w this app w manual in hand to get a better grip on its controls. (But, in general I tend towards the RTFM side of things.)

It will take more than that! Cassini is deep. Would be amazing to have it all laid out on a huge OBX sized panel.

Also, I'm with @simon on what the 'cost' is here. I hardly buy apps any more because I don't have the time I need to make the most out of what I already own. I occasionally pick something up when it goes on crazy sale (recently got bm2) or to support a dev I like (swoopster) but otherwise I'm trying to learn what I've got. All that said, get Cassini! :)

• edited March 2014

• yes, @syrupcore, I need an hour just to get my legs under me w the app LOL But, several of the presets are great "out of the box."

To me, a deep synth/app like Cassini, is a bargain because, if I put the extra time in, the app just gives more and more. And that's a pretty awesome thing… Especially for $3.

My outlook is, I'll get an app I'm interested in, figure it out to no less than a functional level, at least keep it in mind, and then go to it when I want to use it for something that it does well. (Or if I just want to goof around for awhile!)

• Got it, sounds amazing. Way deeper possibilities than I expected. Gotta spend some time with this one.