Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Peeps interested in looping BEWARE!!!!

edited October 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

My fixation with finding the ultimate multilooper (ok not just "basic looping lol) has gone from a £3 app (loopy hd) to costing me £519. I'm not counting the MacBook Pro, iPads and instruments as I use those for other things!!! Basically I'll have to get a lot of well paid gigs to pay for everything ha!

FCB1010 foot controller.....100
Yamaha BT01 bluetooth adapter......41
Ableton Intro....70
iConnect audio 4+ interface.....225
Audiobus 2....10
Audiobus remote.....5
Loopy HD.....3
FCBFF app....15
Midi guitar 2 app....£30

However, when I think about it......had I gone the hardware route I would have been limited to just 3 sections (RC303 and TC Helicon Voicelive 3) whereas with ableton it's 8 scenes or sections where you can also play individual loops within the section without having to resort to undo/redo. (I'm guessing this will be easier with something like a launchpad....£100)

Also this setup gives me a pretty good guitar synth which I'm hoping to control with the FCB. So now I have to learn and practice using all this stuff together along with actually learning all the parts and looping!! It only makes me have more admiration for the people I've seen on Youtube who do the most amazing things :smile: