Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caustic comes to IOS from Android no AB yet.

Comments

• My android buds are going to be annoyed that androids flagship audio app is now on ios... But I'm happy :) it's a great app

• edited December 2013

They may really be annoyed, because I don't think there are IAPs on IOS version. These
    are included. Effects and modules.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• Couple of dozen videos just uploaded on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CausticApp

• Hey guys, I'm just catching up with the release stuff but someone pointed me to this thread.

To address some of the points brought up:

First, no AB or IAA just yet, but yes AudioShare on exported tracks. I've got ideas and prototypes for integrating more connectivity for v3.1, but I'd like to get a bit of feedback from iOS users on how they think the app should interact with these systems before I jump in. I've been working on this release for almost a year and had to put something out to gauge interest first.

No IAPs: I hate IAPs. I'd rather just be up front with what's included and you choose to pay me for it or not. When you buy Caustic, you get all of it, and you'll get any new synths or effects when the app updates too. I tend to raise the entry price rather than gouge my existing users.

Windows version: That link is for C2, I haven't put up the C3 win version yet, but I'm off to do that now.

If you're keen to discuss features, I invite you to check out my forums, there's lots of extra content and other peoples' songs to download. singlecellsoftware.com (i hope posting a link isn't against the rules..)

• ...i had to come back once again here to welcome you @Caustic_Rej in the iOS world. I was following your work on Android a while and it was (is still) one of the few usable apps there. I thought it could be interesting here to say that Caustic supports Soundfonts SF2. Have to leave again....
    Good luck ;)

• edited March 2014

• Really cool!

• edited March 2014

• Free Version 3 for Windows on-line:

http://singlecellsoftware.com/

• Great surprise. I use the win version a lot

• Soundfonts can be loaded in PCM Synth.

• I'm so happy :-)

• edited December 2013

@Caustic_Rej said:

Hey guys, I'm just catching up with the release stuff .......

Just looked at some of your many tutorials and gotta say well done and thanks. They are excellent.

• @mgmg4871 said:

Soundfonts can be loaded in PCM Synth.

That's definitely a nice surprise! Does it support multi-layered soundfont samples?

• encenc
    edited December 2013

I'll give it a proper look when it gets iaa and audiobus :-)

• @Caustic_Rej said:

First, no AB or IAA just yet, but yes AudioShare on exported tracks. I've got ideas and prototypes for integrating more connectivity for v3.1, but I'd like to get a bit of feedback from iOS users on how they think the app should interact with these systems before I jump in. I've been working on this release for almost a year and had to put something out to gauge interest first.

I think Audiobus and Audiocopy/Paste would be nice. The latter should be easier than the former. I do't use IAA at all, as I only have maybe 2 apps that support it. On the iPhone it's even worse, none of the synths I have support it, even the ones that do on iPad. It's buggy and IMO less powerful than Audiobus currently. It's something to keep in mind for the future, but I think people are exaggerating with demanding IAA support right now. Auria/iPad 4+Air users might find IAA more useful.

Regarding AB integration, all three slots would be great, destination slot would be the minimum. Most DAW apps go for source or destination slots, but using the in-app effects would be quite nice, especially if a light-on-resource version of the DAW could be launched for this slot.

No IAPs: I hate IAPs. I'd rather just be up front with what's included and you choose to pay me for it or not. When you buy Caustic, you get all of it, and you'll get any new synths or effects when the app updates too. I tend to raise the entry price rather than gouge my existing users.

Thanks, I also dislike IAPs.

• I own the windows version. Great.
    New app, and version 3.0...awesome.

• AB and IAA is a must. IAA is Apple's and it is here to stay however inconsistent ver 1 is.

• IAA at this point would just be a bonus, I can see it becoming a lot more essential down the road, when Apple has developed it beyond this alpha stage.

Audiobus input would be an essential for me, as that would allow you to drive caustic through all the available effects and other DAWs on iOS. With AB input, Caustic could be used both as a complete self contained studio and while also being opened for further audio mangling through other iOS effects/synths/DAWs.

Render track/loop on a per track basis and batch copy those wav files into ACP 2.0 would be another great thing to have if you want to quickly bring over a lot of individual audio tracks to Auria, Cubasis BM2 or whatever iOS DAW you are using. :)

• Awesome, this is the coup de grâce to the Android music making.
    I just downloaded the windows version, I'll wait for an update with an AB support:
    If I can't use app without Turnado and Loopy, this is useless for me.
    What a pity, Caustic has an awesome range of Boards Of Canadesque synth sounds!
    I will try to record something on the pc version and import later to the ipad.

• A lot of bang for the buck also.

• Wow, I downloaded Caustic this afternoon and I'm very impressed. This app does pack a lot of bang for the buck. There is room for improvement thought. I'd like to see:

• metronome count in for recording (with a choice of the number of count in measures)
    • more effect slots per machine (4 would be nice)
    • Audio tracks
    • Audiobus and IAA support
    • better navigation in the piano roll. Easy zoom in and out so all the measures are visible
    • Fast way to switch from the piano roll back to the respective instrument
    • Maybe a conventional timeline arranger like Nanostudio, Cubasis, etc, where I can see the content of the clips and easily manage them.

Don't get me wrong: you made a fantastic debut on the IOS platform (Caustic is already a mature app). We IOS guys are always pushing devs for improvement though ;) Looking forward to what comes next!!!

• Impressive! I rated it ***** of course. huge set of synthesis and fx...

• 4 slots for fx on an instrument would be TOP... 2 is not enough ;). sometimes you need no fx and sometimes 4 are usefull : chorus+dist+delay+flange or something like this cho+fla+delay+reverb ... presets for fx settings too : around 10 factory settings / fx ! Great work for this 1st release on iOS.

• A good starting point.

• I caved after watching the overview video. What a fabulous bit of kit. I've never used Reason and this gives me the chance to learn and play with the modular approach for under $10. And it sounds great.

• CPU friendly also. My ipad 2 is happy.