Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My electribe wave demo and thoughts

Korg Electribe Wave is a serious piece of kit imho

At first it felt awkward because it’s not so intuitive ( being used to sequencing on gadget and GarageBand), and the pattern and song mode took a bit of getting used to

But the sheer potency of the synth ( and the fx are good despite the complaints), with the addition of the kaoss pads ( which are sorely missed in gadget, made me persevere )

I’ve hardly scratched the surface but I almost immediately felt that this app has far more facilities to create more unique synthesis and automations than gadget

So I strung together a little demo using only the app and then adding a bit of grand finale to boost it

I can do much better than this on gadget and faster too, cause it’s a slower workflow on Electribe Wave, but not for long

It’s a serious app and worth taking the time to learn as I’m convinced it will provide excellent results in the long run

Comments