Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Whats inspiring your current output right now??

For me it’s this dj

Killer tracks perfectly chosen and mixed

Comments

• edited October 2018

Caffeine and audiobooks

• Gestrument Pro is the biggest game changer in my musical life. Everythings up for review. This kind of program should be illegal.

• I’ve had a serious shot of synthwave adrenaline courtesy of Gunship’s new album, Dark All Day

• That discussion on synthwave. That’s been very influential to me.

• Just excited to be making electronic (based) music. I played in rock, americana, and metal bands since the 80s but I always liked more electronic music. Ive often tried to get the guys/gals in the band to let me add synth parts, but they've mostly not been into it. At least not really prominently. So I finally found a guy who is similarly situated and we've been working on stuff (we had been with a drummer but he moved). Was a little learning curve, but we're cranking stuff out now.

• John Cage's most iconic piece, apparently.

• A 30 year itch to make acid trax and hip hop beats.

• Every time I look in the mirror and see this beautiful face

Actually I haven’t been outputting much these days so I guess nothing is inspiring me

• Changing of the seasons, I’m always most productive in the fall. After spending all summer biking as much as I can, it’s nice taking an extended break in the studio as the weather changes and gets less pleasant.

• The banality of available love combined with the utter misery when you realize that that which has been permanently lost will still need to be always carried.

• For me, it would be performing my electronic music live and getting instant feedback. Seeing people enjoy and dance to your music humbles me and encourages me to not only create more, but to also learn more.

• edited October 2018

Ants

• cocaine and hookers.

• i also like cigarettes and guns.

• @syrupcore said:
    John Cage's most iconic piece, apparently.

Does that mean you have a writers block or are testing NS2 which means ur not allowed to publish songs made on it 😂😂😂

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The banality of available love combined with the utter misery when you realize that that which has been permanently lost will still need to be always carried.

Please seek medical assistance ASAP...

• @99476598326 said:
    cocaine and hookers.

Rehab...> @gusgranite said:

A 30 year itch to make acid trax and hip hop beats.

• edited October 2018

Trying to create stuff quickly, with plenty of experimentation and fun thrown in keeps me going - along with new apps to keep the exploratory fires burning.

Musically - the usual influences: Coill, The Orb, FSOL, Terry Riley, the Floyd, Nurse With Wound etc.

For a new duo project coming up: Bitchin Bajas.

For bass playing in the band: Lemmy and Roger Waters

Generally: the fact I’m not getting any younger and need to get on with it.

• Kody Nielson - Birthday Suite

Neoclassical synth meets neo soul drumming!

So I'm recording hours of (real) drums then cutting it up to play synths over.

I only realised a few weeks ago that my Audio Technica LP-120 is class compliant USB so I've started to mess with vinyl sampling.

• Listening to people on these forums always makes me try a little harder :)

• @MonzoPro said:

For a new duo project coming up: Bitchin Bajas

Saw them once. So amazing!

Heard that.

• Not doing anything apart from looking on here and watching MODX videos wondering how I can justifiably afford one! Donations please 🤣

• @mindscaper said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The banality of available love combined with the utter misery when you realize that that which has been permanently lost will still need to be always carried.

That's what a heart-breaking tune is :)

• edited October 2018

This is me all the way. I was having this exact thought yesterday @MonzoPro .

• Not influencing the content of the output, but definitely driving the amount -

Putting the headphones on to avoid watching/hearing Big Brother/BBBots/Ex on the Beach/Real housewives of wherever/x-Factor/Keeping up with the Boredashians.....and the list goes on :s

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mindscaper said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

That's what a heart-breaking tune is :)

Your zen skills are beyond even me 😂🙏🏻

• @mindscaper said:
    For me it’s this dj

@mindscaper said:
    For me it’s this dj

>
    Maybe I’m a caveman but I love the way she moves , constant but subtle dancing and smiles , as if she is enjoying herself inspite of the fact there is an audience , not as a form of show. Btw , I’m not an EDM producer like you are ... I’m a rock musician that snuck off to raves 25 years ago , unbeknownst to my metal brethren because i thought the scene and people were cool and the music was mind blowing when done right . I’ve added a bit of EDM to almost everything I’ve done since , but never learned any specific art form/genre because music is about breaking genres and rules to me . I rarely do a somg in the same hybrid of genres twice . It’s always an experiment of joy. I have no idea what I’m doing , but people tell me I have skills .... I don’t think I have any special skill other than loving many types of music , especially ones I haven’t been over saturated with. It’s just a giant canvas to me with endless colors and possibilities... fuck genres . I do agree with you that iOS is the future of music making for the masses although there will probably be stubborn desktop only users until that generation dies. Thanks for sharing this great Dj .:)

• @bedheadproducer said:

@mindscaper said:
    For me it’s this dj

@mindscaper said:
    For me it’s this dj

>
    Maybe I’m a caveman but I love the way she moves , constant but subtle dancing and smiles , as if she is enjoying herself inspite of the fact there is an audience , not as a form of show. Btw , I’m not an EDM producer like you are ... I’m a rock musician that snuck off to raves 25 years ago , unbeknownst to my metal brethren because i thought the scene and people were cool and the music was mind blowing when done right . I’ve added a bit of EDM to almost everything I’ve done since , but never learned any specific art form/genre because music is about breaking genres and rules to me . I rarely do a somg in the same hybrid of genres twice . It’s always an experiment of joy. I have no idea what I’m doing , but people tell me I have skills .... I don’t think I have any special skill other than loving many types of music , especially ones I haven’t been over saturated with. It’s just a giant canvas to me with endless colors and possibilities... fuck genres . I do agree with you that iOS is the future of music making for the masses although there will probably be stubborn desktop only users until that generation dies. Thanks for sharing this great Dj .:)

She crafts atmospheres with the way she mixes

It’s a journey into sound

Thank you

Can you link your music?