Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Egoist au not recording in Cubasis?

I am messing around with egoist as an AU in Cubasis. I have it loaded and playing but nothing records when I arm a track and record/play. I figure I’m missing something simple. Any ideas?

Comments

• Could it be that the Egoist AU doesn't send any midi back to the host?
    (I don't have Egoist so I can't check that).

• I played around with all midi setting, nothing works

• If you have a sequence in Egoist (or any AUv3 that produces audio on its own using a built-in sequencer) try to create an empty midi-region on the track and 'freeze' it. That should render the output from the Plug-In as audio.

This I discovered by accident when I had Rozeta XOX's driving an AUv3 Plug-In and wanted to render the audio.
    Cubasis won't render/freeze tracks that do not have any regions.

Next step would be to contact Sugarbytes and ask them to add Midi-Output to their AUv3...

• If you're trying to record midi from Egoist, only the bass sends midi out. It's working fine here. Only the bass has what I would call useful midi for external use anyway, as Egoist is mostly for spitting out audio based on midi input to it's sequencer.

• I’m just trying to record audio from the slicer into a Cubasis track. I can hear audio when I play and the mixer shows signal on the channel but nothing records.

• @jc-maluca said:
    I’m just trying to record audio from the slicer into a Cubasis track. I can hear audio when I play and the mixer shows signal on the channel but nothing records.

In that case the only solution for now is to create the sequence in Egoist and add an empty midi-region on the track and use 'freeze' to capture the audio...

Cubasis has an 'Identity Crisis' when it comes to AUv3's especially when it comes to recording the audio from them.

Since the AUv3 instruments can only be loaded to a MIDI track the record function expects midi input and the only way to get audio from them is to 'freeze' the track...

I don't know what @LFS and his team is cooking but I sure would love to see better routing options pop up...
    (This way it would be possible to create an audio track and select which 'track' it would record the audio from).

• You need to trigger Egoist patterns by recording or drawing notes in the Cubasis piano roll. You trigger pattern one with C1, pattern two with C2 etc.. Afterward, you freeze the track and there’s your audio.

• Oops, not C2, but C#1. Just play with the keys and you’ll figure it out.

• Ok that makes sense. I've never used a midi controller with egoist. Seems like there should be a workaround right?
    thanks for your help guys