Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthScaper: Who wants master this app?

I would love to.

I mean, I used this with AD Dischord AU and/or Numerical Audio TAPE DELAY and this app produces what I consider the best cinematic sounds to date on iOS.

I realized I don't know whole bunch about the app. It is more experimenting. Like I do with all of Igor's apps! LOL

But, I thought if anyone had some advice and knowledge for me or others that would be a teachable moment type thread.

The basics to start.

The three circles on the main page.

They represent what exactly?

I under stand M is obviously mute.

The other percentages represent what and correspond to what?

If you didn't know the app has a new sequencer feature. It seems as I use it straight forward.

It is really pretty awesome on this app you can have a pad type sound going with first 2 Osc and then a low perc or bass sound sequencing for movement and rhythmic features.

What is your understanding of this page? Why exactly do the sides or parts of the circle represent?

And the LEVEL BAL LFO FILTER area on the bottom right, is there a matrix or way to assign them on this page to anything?

What are you doing with this app?

What tips or tricks can you offer?

HAPPY MONDAY Y'all!

Comments

• I really recommend this two well made tutorials made by @MarkH .
    They helped me a lot to understand more about the very complex SynthScaper.
    They are quite long but worth the time you spend with them. 😎

SynthScaper Tutorial Part 1

SynthScaper Tutorial Part 2

• @chandroji said:
    I really recommend this two well made tutorials made by @MarkH .
    They helped me a lot to understand more about the very complex SynthScaper.
    They are quite long but worth the time you spend with them. 😎

SynthScaper Tutorial Part 1

SynthScaper Tutorial Part 2

NEVER SAW THESE!

Thanks for the contribution!

Positive karma for you in the synth realm!

• This is still on my to do at some point in my life list :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    This is still on my to do at some point in my life list :D

Right!

This is one of them isn't it!

I know it is special but it feels so antiquated sometimes regarding the selecting and changing things in using the app.

Always like one extra odd save after the fact step or something or the "set" in lieu of just clicking on something.

I am getting more used to it and think this app may be something far extraordinary by all app standards.

Especially since the new sequencer.

I was shocked at using the sequencer with a bass note type thing, a pad sound, and a string sound.

Cinematic dark realm shit to the Nth degree.

I think user samples are the key to making this thing come alive.

• I think the developer is a rocket scientist working for NASA.
    I only use the "design" section and just hit the randomize button a few times with very nice results, lol.

• @Proto said:
    I think the developer is a rocket scientist working for NASA.
    I only use the "design" section and just hit the randomize button a few times with very nice results, lol.

This!
    The results get saved. But almost never tweaked. Haha yeah this is as hard as it gets :)

• @Proto said:
    I think the developer is a rocket scientist working for NASA.

You know the dev for the Space Craft Synth is actually rocket scientist, right?

• stick with it. the envelopes and midi took perseverance but worth the couple of days spent.