Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• Decided to do some rearranging of the room today.

Main desk space (still not put back together, and iPad and MacBook are not here)

Piano and other keyboards

Some guitars stacked against the wall while I figure out where they are all going

Sax, trumpet, some flutes, EWI, top of amps, guitar stool, etc.

There are other guitars, mandolin, banjo, dulcimer, harmonicas, etc. in other places. Hopefully it will all be in order later this evening (or maybe tomorrow…or the next day…)

• Work in progress, all wired up now that I have the remaining pieces of the puzzle (the MOTU UltraLite mk5 and the Launchpad Mini). All’s left is the AUM setup, and then waiting on Loopy Pro for the 2nd deck on the Faderfox DJ3.

This all routes over to an interface on an iMac running Ableton for recording/streaming.

• There’s another music space but I spend more time here…

• edited May 2021

• @wahnfrieden said:

Work in progress, all wired up now that I have the remaining pieces of the puzzle (the MOTU UltraLite mk5 and the Launchpad Mini). All’s left is the AUM setup, and then waiting on Loopy Pro for the 2nd deck on the Faderfox DJ3.

This all routes over to an interface on an iMac running Ableton for recording/streaming.

Wow, 2 SE-02s!

• edited May 2021

Went looking for the Ext Box and wound up with that 2nd one being sold at a good price bundled with the Ext Box. Running in chain mode.

• @wahnfrieden said:
    Went looking for the Ext Box and wound up with that 2nd one being sold at a good price bundled with the Ext Box. Running in chain mode.

I have GAS looking at your setup between the Geode (I have the Triode and I love it) the Swarm and the SE-02's

• edited May 2021

After coming from an Ableton + VSTs background, this combo of gear feels like techno heaven.

I'll start streaming the setup once it's tested out and I've got interesting sounds. This setup affords many ways to deepen it: CV out from the MOTU into the MS-20/Swarm, micro modular setups controlled by the MOTU, a 2nd MOTU lol. The DJ3 would also make it easy to start doing hybrid live sets with other peoples' tracks, it supports 4 decks via toggles. Would be fun to have friends over post-covid who can mix 140bpm techno records in a kind of live B2B.

I have no experience with external fx. Might be fun to introduce something tactile/performance-able like the zen delay.

• My little studio case. Now I also have a Launchpad pro mk3. Love this setup.

• @Prappe said:

My little studio case. Now I also have a Launchpad pro mk3. Love this setup.

Nice, what case is that?

• @Prappe said:

My little studio case. Now I also have a Launchpad pro mk3. Love this setup.

Thats a cool secret agent case.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, write a killer jam. 😁

• edited June 2021

Ipad mini.

• edited June 2021

@sigma79 said:
    Ipad mini.

Keep going on. but will add a launchpad mini next to ipad mini and add the nanokey studio above big ipad. This if I think switching control via midi elsewhere will be hassle when transposing eucliden drums which are on the pc12 and euclidean melody root note channels on the pc12. Just for a bass synth that is on a normal sequencer that can be cleared if warping euclidean drums. Whole setup is based around euclidean lol. I guess with a launchpad and not the 3 transposes of all other channels just on a nanokey. I could edit a bass and the launchpad could transpose drum samples and melodies at the same time instead of either/or. ?

Its mad. The deck which could say be a psusdo lfo effect via vinyl is a casual reach to the volca modular. With a universe in between. Still might not make the music Id listen to this way. I guess it does help with sound design even if euclidean ends up being pants. its almost a work of art just by design or how it fit on clothes drawers.

I guess it would be like a technics 1210 plus mixer plus computer. A soma lyra. 3 other synths. A euclidean drum setup. A keyboard. Some sort of radio looper device. Plus a mic with effects device. Mixer ( nanokontrol ) Effects for everything and this dosent include some background synths and switchable synths. Plus a record of everything.

• edited June 2021

Adding a bass via keyboard instead of euclidean does keep you entertained if warping euclidean but cant be sure. A bass can be difficult to tame with the track and can sound more un quantised but I guess more like a weird band. Like a star trek Alien band.

• I have finally received my new PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo this morning. I feel complete now and can publish a picture of my setup

• Just about got it back together. Recently moved everything out and put new flooring in and painted. Turned my L shaped desk into a straight one. Still not quite what I wanted so I have this new Acme Eleazar desk coming next week. Super stoked!

• edited June 2021

Lol... the original iPad Air! My exwife gf and I are living in her office for a few days while the apartment is tiled.

My current studio...

• @LinearLineman said:
    Lol... the original iPad Air! My exwife gf and I are living in her office for a few days while the apartment is tiled.

My current studio...

iPad Air (Mattress) 😂

• edited July 2021

deleted !

• I like those studio's where people work. with cable spaghetti, side tables, piled-up corners and old equipment on shelves. Better than germ-free shiny buddha and cactus worshipped minimalistic setups :)

• @Bootsy said:

Just about got it back together. Recently moved everything out and put new flooring in and painted. Turned my L shaped desk into a straight one. Still not quite what I wanted so I have this new Acme Eleazar desk coming next week. Super stoked!

@Bootsy that is quite a playroom! I see that Boss Chorus, amazing and so unnecessarily expensive. Love that you have a Bassman and a Vox, is that a Pro Jr. under the table? Wondering about that Audient, is that the id44? Do all those ins/outs show up on the iPad or only on desktop?

• @bobbyj8866 said:

How are you liking that Xtone? I got a used one recently, sometimes I think it’s really great, other times it seems to have an elevated noise floor just by itself..

• edited June 2021

@Identor said:
    I like those studio's where people work. with cable spaghetti, side tables, piled-up corners and old equipment on shelves. Better than germ-free shiny buddha and cactus worshipped minimalistic setups :)

Hey I resemble that remark! 😆

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

Just about got it back together. Recently moved everything out and put new flooring in and painted. Turned my L shaped desk into a straight one. Still not quite what I wanted so I have this new Acme Eleazar desk coming next week. Super stoked!

@Bootsy that is quite a playroom! I see that Boss Chorus, amazing and so unnecessarily expensive. Love that you have a Bassman and a Vox, is that a Pro Jr. under the table? Wondering about that Audient, is that the id44? Do all those ins/outs show up on the iPad or only on desktop?

Love that desk

• @sigma79 said:

@sigma79 said:
    Ipad mini.

Keep going on. but will add a launchpad mini next to ipad mini and add the nanokey studio above big ipad. This if I think switching control via midi elsewhere will be hassle when transposing eucliden drums which are on the pc12 and euclidean melody root note channels on the pc12. Just for a bass synth that is on a normal sequencer that can be cleared if warping euclidean drums. Whole setup is based around euclidean lol. I guess with a launchpad and not the 3 transposes of all other channels just on a nanokey. I could edit a bass and the launchpad could transpose drum samples and melodies at the same time instead of either/or. ?

Its mad. The deck which could say be a psusdo lfo effect via vinyl is a casual reach to the volca modular. With a universe in between. Still might not make the music Id listen to this way. I guess it does help with sound design even if euclidean ends up being pants. its almost a work of art just by design or how it fit on clothes drawers.

I guess it would be like a technics 1210 plus mixer plus computer. A soma lyra. 3 other synths. A euclidean drum setup. A keyboard. Some sort of radio looper device. Plus a mic with effects device. Mixer ( nanokontrol ) Effects for everything and this dosent include some background synths and switchable synths. Plus a record of everything.

I lust after those midi controllers

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

yes it's coming along nicely, still working on how im gonna set it all up and waiting on the desk before hooking up again. i got lucky with the chorus as well as a whole bunch of gear that was thrown into the dumpster at great divide brewing when i worked there! so a little dumpster diving was all it cost.. the little tweed amp started as a mojotone 59 champ clone kit that was given to me in pieces with lots of parts missing so i had i guy in boulder build it to spec for me. and I put the fender emblem on it for fun.. i cant remember exactly on the id 44 as far as all ins/outs showing up. i believe they did but ill have to check when i get everything hooked up again. i was using it with my macbook and the zoom 44 on the ipad, then the adats going out of the zoom into the audient and into the mac..