Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

1181921232430

Comments

  • 👆 @laopan 100 extra points for taste, cohesion & design. The Volcas feat right in, could very well be the catalog cover. 👏👏👏

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

  • Finally, a portable studio desk of my own. Just going to populate it bit more. To be continued…

    /DMfan 🇸🇪

  • encenc
    edited December 2022

    not dropped in here for a while ... sorry for the crappy pic will get some better pics up later.

    https://imgur.com/gcK8xcM

  • I really like my little “studio“. ☺️
    Though I think a Faderfox UC4 might fit neatly between the Syntakt and the Launchpad. 🤔

  • @tahiche said:
    Tascam model 12, Digitakt and a borrowed Korg Ms2000.
    Voicelive3, tons of pedals, Line6 floorboard thingy for Loopy, Vox air gt amp sim, and the iPad.
    Oh, and ikea color lightbulbs for the cabaret atmosphere.

    Love my Model 12 as well. Thanks for sharing the pics!

  • edited January 2023

    Here’s my small home studio. Does everything I need it to do. And if I’m out and about, I take my iPad and NanoKey 2 with some headphones. The cable, headphones, and camera adapter fit nicely in the case:

  • Latest setup, with Loopy Pro as the main brain that connects everything else.

  • edited January 2023


    My current setup. The desk is where I work, write, do Zoom calls, host silent sittings in Zoom, etc, and is also where I create.

    It's always this tidy (you can blame being a former Zen teacher), it's not been set up for photos, reels, stories and YouTubes.

    In the little white set of filing drawers are the other aspects of my setup. Audio Technics MX-50 headphones, some hifi IEMS, a Shure mic that plugs into my iPhone for capturing found sounds and voice, a Tascam DR-100 Mk3, a Korg NanoKey Studio for mobile work, and with the iPad, various cables and connectors, rechargeable batteries for the NanoKey Studio, etc. The Launchkey Mini Mk3 is for navigating (and learning) Ableton, which I've just begun to bring into the mix. The speaker is wired when using it as a monitor for sound design, but mostly is used on bluetooth, like this, to listen to YouTube and music whilst I work. My iPhone SE2020 doesn't appear in the pics, as I used it to take them, but it is also an essential tool in my iOS toolkit, I love that it is with me wherever I am, and so I can noodle things together on it. Currently, that's mostly some ambient explorations in Koala. Oh, I almost forgot, tucked away around the side of the filing cabinet is the xKey Air 37, which I love dearly, but only use when I need more keys, or more expressive playing options. I prefer having less tech in front of me when creating, which I guess is what drew me towards iOS music making, long before I discovered desktop music.

    From 2008 to 2020, I travelled full time, around Europe, always on the move, later settling a while in Portugal, but still without even a desk, let alone a studio. Whatever table came to hand was my desk. My lap, and my hands too. Hence, I'm still light on setup.

    I do need to add an external SDD, and an audio interface, probably an Arturia MiniFuse 2 in the coming couple of months.

    In the name of transparency, I'm feeling the draw to add a Korg NanoControl Studio (I sold it during a life-thinning out period, see next point) LaunchPad Pro Mk3 (I had and sold one previously, due to some unexpected house moving), and maybe a Novation Circuit Rhythm, to explore its sampling possibilities, and to grab when I head out, and want a break from screens. There's an itch to add an OP-Z, a Korg Volca Sample 2 and Volca Modular too. And maybe a Digitakt. But that's all pipe dreams, and I get such delight from the simpler creative process I have right now.

    But I am blessed to be on a zero budget, so these right now are just dreams. I spent my Christmas money on apps, samples, and software instruments. The desk, and everything on it and around it, were donated by my subscribers and patrons, during a particularly tough period of my life last year, when I had to move house three days after my cancer surgery, and our new place fell through. I had nowhere to go but this fully unfurnished place that we couldn't afford, and owned not a stick of furniture.

    I'm beyond grateful to have a space like this to live and work in right now. I may only have 9 months more here, before having to move on, but I treasure every living moment of it.

    I've really enjoyed seeing everyone sharing their studio setups. I love that it can be as simple as the iPhone in our pocket, or as complex as a fully fledged studio. The magic happens in these places, not because of them. I love the diversity here, in this community, beautifully represented by what we all share in the forum, and here in these photos.

  • edited January 2023

    @CapnWillie said:

    @DMfan said:
    Finally, a portable studio desk of my own. Just going to populate it bit more. To be continued…

    /DMfan 🇸🇪

    I’ve been wondering about that desk. No chords! How big is it?

    It’s all metal but easy to assemble, it weighs 11 kg in total, feels very stable. I was afraid it would move, tilt or vibrate when using it but…no. I can even put an iPhone on a stand on it and play the keyboard and the video is reasonably stable! The desk surface itself is 1 m in length and 48 cm in width. It totally works for me.

    http://www.gravitystands.com/detail/index/sArticle/20645

    https://www.thomann.de/gb/gravity_ksx_2_rd.htm

    /DMfan🇸🇪

  • edited January 2023

    @andowrites said:

    My current setup. The desk is where I work, write, do Zoom calls, host silent sittings in Zoom, etc, and is also >where I create.

    Very nice and clean setup!

    I've really enjoyed seeing everyone sharing their studio setups. I love that it can be as simple as the iPhone in our >pocket, or as complex as a fully fledged studio. The magic happens in these places, not because of them. I love the >diversity here, in this community, beautifully represented by what we all share in the forum, and here in these >photos.

    Totally agree with the above. There is such a wide range of musicians in this forum, from pro level down to hobbyists, and we all share stuff from our own level to each other, some more, some less. And that is totally ok.

    The cool thing as you write, is not in how large a studio one has, but what magic comes out of it. Some love and have oppurtunity to be surrounded by gear, some go the minimalistic way.

    /DMfan🇸🇪

  • @DMfan said:

    @andowrites said:

    My current setup. The desk is where I work, write, do Zoom calls, host silent sittings in Zoom, etc, and is also >where I create.

    Very nice and clean setup!

    I've really enjoyed seeing everyone sharing their studio setups. I love that it can be as simple as the iPhone in our >pocket, or as complex as a fully fledged studio. The magic happens in these places, not because of them. I love the >diversity here, in this community, beautifully represented by what we all share in the forum, and here in these >photos.

    Totalt agree with the above. There is such a wide range of musicians in this forum, from pro level down to hobbyists, and we all share stuff from our own level to each other, some more, some less. And that is totally ok.

    The cool thing as you write, is not in how large a studio one has, but what magic comes out of it. Some love and have oppurtunity to be surrounded by gear, some go the minimalistic way.

    /DMfan🇸🇪

    Thanks @DMfan, yes, it's wonderful how diverse the community here is. It's one of the things I love about this forum.

  • @KMTGN said:

    Can you use that AKAI LPD without power? I still have issues with that :(

  • @andowrites said:

    My current setup. The desk is where I work, write, do Zoom calls, host silent sittings in Zoom, etc, and is also where I create.

    It's always this tidy (you can blame being a former Zen teacher), it's not been set up for photos, reels, stories and YouTubes.

    In the little white set of filing drawers are the other aspects of my setup. Audio Technics MX-50 headphones, some hifi IEMS, a Shure mic that plugs into my iPhone for capturing found sounds and voice, a Tascam DR-100 Mk3, a Korg NanoKey Studio for mobile work, and with the iPad, various cables and connectors, rechargeable batteries for the NanoKey Studio, etc. The Launchkey Mini Mk3 is for navigating (and learning) Ableton, which I've just begun to bring into the mix. The speaker is wired when using it as a monitor for sound design, but mostly is used on bluetooth, like this, to listen to YouTube and music whilst I work. My iPhone SE2020 doesn't appear in the pics, as I used it to take them, but it is also an essential tool in my iOS toolkit, I love that it is with me wherever I am, and so I can noodle things together on it. Currently, that's mostly some ambient explorations in Koala. Oh, I almost forgot, tucked away around the side of the filing cabinet is the xKey Air 37, which I love dearly, but only use when I need more keys, or more expressive playing options. I prefer having less tech in front of me when creating, which I guess is what drew me towards iOS music making, long before I discovered desktop music.

    From 2008 to 2020, I travelled full time, around Europe, always on the move, later settling a while in Portugal, but still without even a desk, let alone a studio. Whatever table came to hand was my desk. My lap, and my hands too. Hence, I'm still light on setup.

    I do need to add an external SDD, and an audio interface, probably an Arturia MiniFuse 2 in the coming couple of months.

    In the name of transparency, I'm feeling the draw to add a Korg NanoControl Studio (I sold it during a life-thinning out period, see next point) LaunchPad Pro Mk3 (I had and sold one previously, due to some unexpected house moving), and maybe a Novation Circuit Rhythm, to explore its sampling possibilities, and to grab when I head out, and want a break from screens. There's an itch to add an OP-Z, a Korg Volca Sample 2 and Volca Modular too. And maybe a Digitakt. But that's all pipe dreams, and I get such delight from the simpler creative process I have right now.

    But I am blessed to be on a zero budget, so these right now are just dreams. I spent my Christmas money on apps, samples, and software instruments. The desk, and everything on it and around it, were donated by my subscribers and patrons, during a particularly tough period of my life last year, when I had to move house three days after my cancer surgery, and our new place fell through. I had nowhere to go but this fully unfurnished place that we couldn't afford, and owned not a stick of furniture.

    I'm beyond grateful to have a space like this to live and work in right now. I may only have 9 months more here, before having to move on, but I treasure every living moment of it.

    I've really enjoyed seeing everyone sharing their studio setups. I love that it can be as simple as the iPhone in our pocket, or as complex as a fully fledged studio. The magic happens in these places, not because of them. I love the diversity here, in this community, beautifully represented by what we all share in the forum, and here in these photos.

    Nicw! I sometimes wish my setup was a bit more minimal. Will see about cleaning my space and taking some shots ;)

  • @el_bo said:

    @andowrites said:

    My current setup. The desk is where I work, write, do Zoom calls, host silent sittings in Zoom, etc, and is also where I create.

    It's always this tidy (you can blame being a former Zen teacher), it's not been set up for photos, reels, stories and YouTubes.

    In the little white set of filing drawers are the other aspects of my setup. Audio Technics MX-50 headphones, some hifi IEMS, a Shure mic that plugs into my iPhone for capturing found sounds and voice, a Tascam DR-100 Mk3, a Korg NanoKey Studio for mobile work, and with the iPad, various cables and connectors, rechargeable batteries for the NanoKey Studio, etc. The Launchkey Mini Mk3 is for navigating (and learning) Ableton, which I've just begun to bring into the mix. The speaker is wired when using it as a monitor for sound design, but mostly is used on bluetooth, like this, to listen to YouTube and music whilst I work. My iPhone SE2020 doesn't appear in the pics, as I used it to take them, but it is also an essential tool in my iOS toolkit, I love that it is with me wherever I am, and so I can noodle things together on it. Currently, that's mostly some ambient explorations in Koala. Oh, I almost forgot, tucked away around the side of the filing cabinet is the xKey Air 37, which I love dearly, but only use when I need more keys, or more expressive playing options. I prefer having less tech in front of me when creating, which I guess is what drew me towards iOS music making, long before I discovered desktop music.

    From 2008 to 2020, I travelled full time, around Europe, always on the move, later settling a while in Portugal, but still without even a desk, let alone a studio. Whatever table came to hand was my desk. My lap, and my hands too. Hence, I'm still light on setup.

    I do need to add an external SDD, and an audio interface, probably an Arturia MiniFuse 2 in the coming couple of months.

    In the name of transparency, I'm feeling the draw to add a Korg NanoControl Studio (I sold it during a life-thinning out period, see next point) LaunchPad Pro Mk3 (I had and sold one previously, due to some unexpected house moving), and maybe a Novation Circuit Rhythm, to explore its sampling possibilities, and to grab when I head out, and want a break from screens. There's an itch to add an OP-Z, a Korg Volca Sample 2 and Volca Modular too. And maybe a Digitakt. But that's all pipe dreams, and I get such delight from the simpler creative process I have right now.

    But I am blessed to be on a zero budget, so these right now are just dreams. I spent my Christmas money on apps, samples, and software instruments. The desk, and everything on it and around it, were donated by my subscribers and patrons, during a particularly tough period of my life last year, when I had to move house three days after my cancer surgery, and our new place fell through. I had nowhere to go but this fully unfurnished place that we couldn't afford, and owned not a stick of furniture.

    I'm beyond grateful to have a space like this to live and work in right now. I may only have 9 months more here, before having to move on, but I treasure every living moment of it.

    I've really enjoyed seeing everyone sharing their studio setups. I love that it can be as simple as the iPhone in our pocket, or as complex as a fully fledged studio. The magic happens in these places, not because of them. I love the diversity here, in this community, beautifully represented by what we all share in the forum, and here in these photos.

    Nicw! I sometimes wish my setup was a bit more minimal. Will see about cleaning my space and taking some shots ;)

    Get your duster out, and some storage boxes. Let's see what you have there!

  • Just got an iRig keys pro2 in today and right now my setup is just that, ipad, and guitar. My gf and I are planning on getting a 2 bedroom soon so I can finally have a studio setup again, but for now that’s all I need. I’ll post a pic once that’s all set up.

  • @raimundoarriagada said:

    @KMTGN said:

    Can you use that AKAI LPD without power? I still have issues with that :(

    Yes, you can. It don’t power

  • @andowrites said:
    Get your duster out, and some storage boxes. Let's see what you have there!

    Need to tidy and clean for my own peace of mind, so will take some shots after that

  • edited February 2023

    @CapnWillie said:

    Been wanting to get more focused, simple, away from screens and way too many options, plug-ins, sound libraries, etc so I grabbed a Verselab MV-1 a few weeks ago while it was greatly discounted. The little guy is a Roland AIRA J-6 chord synth and stays married to MV-1.

    Occasionally I use an Aerophone sax, turntable, iPad (MV-1/Zenbeats integration, sampling, AUv3s) as sound sources but more often than not it’s just these 2 guys in the back pack or beach sack. J-6 has its own lithium battery inside and MV-1 can go all day powered by your phone, iPad or battery pack via usb.

    Nice gear and nice view from the window, inspiring, where are you located?

    😎

    /DMfan🇸🇪

  • @CapnWillie said:

    Been wanting to get more focused, simple, away from screens and way too many options, plug-ins, sound libraries, etc so I grabbed a Verselab MV-1 a few weeks ago while it was greatly discounted. The little guy is a Roland AIRA J-6 chord synth and stays married to MV-1.

    Occasionally I use an Aerophone sax, turntable, iPad (MV-1/Zenbeats integration, sampling, AUv3s) as sound sources but more often than not it’s just these 2 guys in the back pack or beach sack. J-6 has its own lithium battery inside and MV-1 can go all day powered by your phone, iPad or battery pack via usb.

    Well this looks like a very nice set up, indoors, and out. I love the minimal dawless setup you've gone for. Quite the inspiration, this!

  • @CapnWillie said:
    Thanks @andowrites Still have iPad Pro at the top of the “standalone” music production workstation list in terms of what’s possible but therein lies the issue I’ve been having using it as such. Too many ways to do everything so I always spend most of the time exploring synths, drum machines, effects, workflows, etc versus completing projects.

    I think it's a great approach. On my iPad, I have all organised into folders by type, eg. Reverb, delay, sequencers, etc. But I also have a folder called Studio. In this, I place a constrained minimal set of tools for my current jam or project. I find this really helpful.

  • I like the Studio Folder idea, I might need to steal that one :)

  • Can AUM scan only one selected folder with instruments and effects?

  • @Tarekith said:
    I like the Studio Folder idea, I might need to steal that one :)

    It works well for me, as I didn't want to delete apps, but also wanted a minimal studio space in my iPad. It reduces distractions very nicely.

  • I went widescreen this time.


  • @andowrites said:

    @el_bo said:

    @andowrites said:

    My current setup. The desk is where I work, write, do Zoom calls, host silent sittings in Zoom, etc, and is also where I create.

    It's always this tidy (you can blame being a former Zen teacher), it's not been set up for photos, reels, stories and YouTubes.

    In the little white set of filing drawers are the other aspects of my setup. Audio Technics MX-50 headphones, some hifi IEMS, a Shure mic that plugs into my iPhone for capturing found sounds and voice, a Tascam DR-100 Mk3, a Korg NanoKey Studio for mobile work, and with the iPad, various cables and connectors, rechargeable batteries for the NanoKey Studio, etc. The Launchkey Mini Mk3 is for navigating (and learning) Ableton, which I've just begun to bring into the mix. The speaker is wired when using it as a monitor for sound design, but mostly is used on bluetooth, like this, to listen to YouTube and music whilst I work. My iPhone SE2020 doesn't appear in the pics, as I used it to take them, but it is also an essential tool in my iOS toolkit, I love that it is with me wherever I am, and so I can noodle things together on it. Currently, that's mostly some ambient explorations in Koala. Oh, I almost forgot, tucked away around the side of the filing cabinet is the xKey Air 37, which I love dearly, but only use when I need more keys, or more expressive playing options. I prefer having less tech in front of me when creating, which I guess is what drew me towards iOS music making, long before I discovered desktop music.

    From 2008 to 2020, I travelled full time, around Europe, always on the move, later settling a while in Portugal, but still without even a desk, let alone a studio. Whatever table came to hand was my desk. My lap, and my hands too. Hence, I'm still light on setup.

    I do need to add an external SDD, and an audio interface, probably an Arturia MiniFuse 2 in the coming couple of months.

    In the name of transparency, I'm feeling the draw to add a Korg NanoControl Studio (I sold it during a life-thinning out period, see next point) LaunchPad Pro Mk3 (I had and sold one previously, due to some unexpected house moving), and maybe a Novation Circuit Rhythm, to explore its sampling possibilities, and to grab when I head out, and want a break from screens. There's an itch to add an OP-Z, a Korg Volca Sample 2 and Volca Modular too. And maybe a Digitakt. But that's all pipe dreams, and I get such delight from the simpler creative process I have right now.

    But I am blessed to be on a zero budget, so these right now are just dreams. I spent my Christmas money on apps, samples, and software instruments. The desk, and everything on it and around it, were donated by my subscribers and patrons, during a particularly tough period of my life last year, when I had to move house three days after my cancer surgery, and our new place fell through. I had nowhere to go but this fully unfurnished place that we couldn't afford, and owned not a stick of furniture.

    I'm beyond grateful to have a space like this to live and work in right now. I may only have 9 months more here, before having to move on, but I treasure every living moment of it.

    I've really enjoyed seeing everyone sharing their studio setups. I love that it can be as simple as the iPhone in our pocket, or as complex as a fully fledged studio. The magic happens in these places, not because of them. I love the diversity here, in this community, beautifully represented by what we all share in the forum, and here in these photos.

    Nicw! I sometimes wish my setup was a bit more minimal. Will see about cleaning my space and taking some shots ;)

    Get your duster out, and some storage boxes. Let's see what you have there!

    @andowrites

    Will devote today and tomorrow to sorting it all out. Going to switch my floor-seated and standing studio stations around. THe main studio will be moved from the floor to the standing-desk and the iPad/mobile station will be moved from the standing-desk to the floor.

Sign In or Register to comment.