Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

178101213

Comments

  • Finally finished rewiring after adding the Gaia (top left), a XioSynth49, a UMC1820, a ADA8000 and moving some stuff around. I can now play any keyboard and generate a sound that will record on its own track on the iPad.

  • @chandroji said:

    @chandroji said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    @chandroji, that is pure elegance! What, exactly, is it?

    Hi Mike!

    This is my trusty cable free iPad setup! 😊
    KORG NanoKontrolStudio & NanoKeyStudio and
    CME X-Key Air 37 Keyboard

    Everything is running via Bluetooth and the size fits perfectly! 👍
    I also love the elegance! It’s a useful and beautiful combination.

    Responding to an old post, I know, but very cool.

  • Two shots of new additions to my messy basement space, one of which will not be set up in the basement for long as it’s a mixer for live gigs:


    The top pic is the CM labs motormix I got for the studio to replace my Behringer x-touch, which got sold my with my x32 rack.

    The bottom is my new soundcraft ui24r mixer, controlled primarily with a 22” touchscreen and an aopen commercial chromebox running Firefox for android (chrome, via, and dolphin browser were all choppy for some reason but Firefox is controlling it smoothly). iPad with safari also controls it very smoothly. I’ll be using it for a live stream of a concert from an auditorium at Lincoln center this Thursday.

  • I did a total home studio/PC clean out today!

    We did have a “his and hers” PC setup in our bedroom for the longest time. Two desks, side by side. This meant my production and music gear was jammed in this corner, and always felt cramped and not very ergonomic. Needless to say, this always put a damper on creativity.

    A couple days ago she told me that since she never really uses her desktop in the bedroom, that she’d much rather have a PC out in the den, and that I could go ahead and have her desk and use the whole wall.

    Here’s my “creative corner” from before, and how it was for almost 10 years.

    Then today, after cleaning out the entire room and rebuilding everything from the ground up. I spent all day today cleaning and being mindful of cable management, while also keeping my creative workflow in mind.

  • @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Finally finished rewiring after adding the Gaia (top left), a XioSynth49, a UMC1820, a ADA8000 and moving some stuff around. I can now play any keyboard and generate a sound that will record on its own track on the iPad.

    iPad? What iPad? There's an iPad in there somewhere? All I can see is a ton of keyboards :-)

  • That looks so sick.

  • @Simon said:

    iPad? What iPad? There's an iPad in there somewhere? All I can see is a ton of keyboards :-)

    Not in shot, as I was using it to take the photo. Usually it goes on the right hand shelf between the MicroKorg and the XioSynth25.

  • There’s an Analog Keys, not in the shot, taking a break. Trying to find a way to fit both the AK and Hydrasynth in front of me, without going broke in the process. Hmm IKEA…

  • @ChrisG said:
    There’s an Analog Keys, not in the shot, taking a break. Trying to find a way to fit both the AK and Hydrasynth in front of me, without going broke in the process. Hmm IKEA…

    How’s the polyAT on the Hydrasynth?

  • I love it on the desktop, very responsive and easy to initiate.

  • @TheOriginalPaulB said:

    @ChrisG said:
    There’s an Analog Keys, not in the shot, taking a break. Trying to find a way to fit both the AK and Hydrasynth in front of me, without going broke in the process. Hmm IKEA…

    How’s the polyAT on the Hydrasynth?

    The aftertouch in the key bed is great, very sensitive and responsive (you can adjust it to your hands/playing style if needed). Works great for controlling other synths that supports PAT, software and hardware

  • Feels like just an ambient/weird music rig. Its versitlity of apps and tactileness would need to be better than an ocoast system with a korg synth, which only would have cost about 2k or a bit more for modular. Wouldnt know what to buy but seems bollox having to do all this for a bit of ambient. Especially relying on screen to tweak as hardware. Screen has begun to freeze again. I dont like being at the mercy of computers/ internet. Anyone else? Thats what it seems like. People and companies just messing about. Would I really buy another ipad just for shoom. Its not even that good. Can just use another synth etc.

    Oh well. At least I tried.

    Heres what not to buy.

  • That proper sucks my American comrades

  • Desktop from Ikea stained/varnished with Danish Oil. Under the desk cart (also from Ikea) for controllers. Two monitor risers under which are a MOTU interface and several Raspberry Pi computers for effects and general computing. Still working on audio workflows and cabling.


  • Lately I’ve been keeping it very simple and enjoying the Great Spirits (Wind, Waves, etc) for inspiration.

  • Simple is good. Waves are good.

  • Indeed. I just have to find the right earbuds. My over ear cans are too hot for Soflo. I wonder if there are in ear monitors with the 1/4” adapter thread with deep enough bass yet large enough sound stage for some light mixing.

  • Sure, I use Shure SE846’s for that, sound great and translate very well.

  • edited July 21

    @Tarekith said:
    Sure, I use Shure SE846’s for that, sound great and translate very well.

    Just found a brand new pair on sale. Looks like a huge discount. Thanks! 🙏🏽

  • @CapnWillie said:

    Lately I’ve been keeping it very simple and enjoying the Great Spirits (Wind, Waves, etc) for inspiration.

    Florida? Looks great.

  • @NeuM said:

    @CapnWillie said:

    Lately I’ve been keeping it very simple and enjoying the Great Spirits (Wind, Waves, etc) for inspiration.

    Florida? Looks great.

    Yessir. Free wifi access up on the north side of A1A makes it an amazing outdoor office/studio.

  • @Bootsy said:


    Just about got it back together. Recently moved everything out and put new flooring in and painted. Turned my L shaped desk into a straight one. Still not quite what I wanted so I have this new Acme Eleazar desk coming next week. Super stoked!

    My new desk pretty much set up. Still have to tidy up some cables but it's getting there. Thru in a pic of my other project, the swimming hole. 14 years of maintaining this beast. Every year I say it's my last but alas we've got it up and running again.




  • @Bootsy said:

    @Bootsy said:

    My new desk pretty much set up. Still have to tidy up some cables but it's getting there. Thru in a pic of my other project, the swimming hole. 14 years of maintaining this beast. Every year I say it's my last but alas we've got it up and running again.




    Now you’re just showing off.

  • Sorry, it almost kills my wife and I to clean all the rocks and liner anymore. So I do like to show it when we finally get er up and running.

  • @Bootsy said:
    Sorry, it almost kills my wife and I to clean all the rocks and liner anymore. So I do like to show it when we finally get er up and running.

    It’s pretty spectacular!

  • edited July 22

    Gig rig:

  • After many years, my partner and i have swapped workspaces so I finally have a room of my own (to make as much mess as I can in) so this is the musical corner... what it lacks in headroom it makes up in cosy :)

  • Most recent photo.

  • @Tarekith said:
    Redid the studio finally, covered my acoustic panels, and built a new rack for the Fireface UFX+:

    Where can I buy the table you have? (the table with your laptop on it)

Sign In or Register to comment.