Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I might want to create my own SoundCloud account - a few questions before...

edited October 2018 in Other

I've never had a SoundCloud account before, but I'm thinking about setting one up. I have the impression that soundcloud is essential for the release of own tracks, right?

Is there anything special to consider? Does SoundCloud get any rights to my music? Is the free version enough for me at the beginning? What can I do, what I will miss with the free account?

Since I have never published my own music on the Internet before, I am grateful for every tip!
Thank you all! 😊

Comments

• I’d alternatively/additionally also set up a Bandcamp account. Free accounts on both are just fine unless and until you run into where they aren’t - which means you’re at least modestly successful. You keep the rights unless you set the setting to make it public rights.

• @chandroji said:
    I've never had a SoundCloud account before, but I'm thinking about setting one up. I have the impression that soundcloud is essential for the release of own tracks, right?

Is there anything special to consider? Does SoundCloud get any rights to my music? Is the free version enough for me at the beginning? What can I do, what I will miss with the free account?

Since I have never published my own music on the Internet before, I am grateful for every tip!
    Thank you all! 😊

I’ve been very happy with my SoundCloud account since I set it up earlier this year. I’ve met some good people on there, and found some great music makers to discuss and share techniques and tips with. Watching my stats growing on there is nice to think that my music has been listened to by others all around the world. I would love to hear your creations too! I did attempt to set up an account on Band Camp as well, but I must be a bit dumb because I just couldn’t figure out what it wanted me to do, and when logging in and trying to set things up, the constant annoying background music really got on my nerves, so I got fed up and gave up with it. Lol. Count me in as a follower if you join SoundCloud! 🤗

• With soundcloud free you are limited to uploading ( 3 hours, I think, but somehow they get used quickly) , number of views (100 per track, I think) and amount of tracks they will allow to be seen. They obviously want you to pay up, but give the free a try. There is a pro deal for 7€ a month and unlimited for 10€. Cheaper by the year. I like the format, though. Band camp sounds better, or at least cheaper, tho I am not on it,

• I dont think there is any listen/views limit, just the upload limit. SoundCloud free is pretty good.
    You can always have multiple accounts for more time as well.
    I just started a fresh account for a new project and a clean start.