Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis cue-ing....

So I have a song made in electribe wave, and I want to record it into cubasis, pretty common activity here lol... But I can't get the timing exact pressing play after the count in... Am I screwed cuz my skills suck 😂 or can it be set up so that cubasis starts my KEW track for me after the count in.... If not I think I'll have to record to loopy then put the audio into cubasis, but I don't really want to work that way since I'm going to be building this track in pieces and parts...

Comments

• May I suggest exporting the audio from Electribe Wave and importing it into Cubasis?
    (Both apps support Files.app so importing the exported file into Cubasis should be a breeze).

• edited October 2018

I've thought that may be the only way.... The only thing is that while the song is playing I'm muting and adjusting things that I can't really automate very well within kew so I was hoping to capture that live on the fly... And have it match up with my other tracks already recorded into cubasis..

@Samu said:
    May I suggest exporting the audio from Electribe Wave and importing it into Cubasis?
    (Both apps support Files.app so importing the exported file into Cubasis should be a breeze).

• edited October 2018

leave some space in Cubasis before the exact cue point - then you can shift the record in both directions. After it fits, snip off the leading space and reset grid (if that's required).
    ps: I don't have Cubasis, but it's a fairly standard procedure.

• edited October 2018

Just checked and voila..

Try this...

In Cubasis create an audio-track and load Electribe Wave(IAA) to it.
    In Cubasis settings enable 'Send Midi Clock'
    In Electribe Wave's settings set Midi Sync to 'Ext'(It will now follow the clock from Cubasis).

Avoid using 'loop' in Cubasis since it will mess up the midi-clock. It will get back on track when doing stop/play.
    (It may also be needed to adjust the MIdi Output Delay in case the beginning gets cut).

• Ya good call if it has to be That way... Just hoping to avoid all the extra trimming and edits to keep the creative flow.... Flowing... But def a solid suggestion and advice

@Telefunky said:
    leave some space in Cubasis before the exact cue point - then you can shift the record in both directions. After it fits, snip off the leading space and reset grid (if that's required).
    ps: I don't have Cubasis, but it's a fairly standard procedure.

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:
    Just checked and voila..

Try this...

In Electribe Wave's settings set Midi Sync to 'Ext'(It will now follow the clock from Cubasis).

Avoid using 'loop' in Cubasis since it will mess up the midi-clock. It will get back on track when doing stop/play.
    (It may also be needed to adjust the MIdi Output Delay in case the beginning gets cut).

Nice !!! I'll be home in like ten minutes to try this!!!
    So run kew from Ab3 into cubasis audio track and set it up like so and boom !!

• @reasOne said:

@Samu said:
    Just checked and voila..

Try this...

Nice !!! I'll be home in like ten minutes to try this!!!
    So run kew from Ab3 into cubasis audio track and set it up like so and boom !!

Skip AB3 and load KEW directly as IAA to an audio track in Cubasis.

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:

@Samu said:
    Just checked and voila..

Try this...

>

Skip AB3 and load KEW directly as IAA to an audio track in Cubasis.

Ahhh ! Thanks man you always find solutions, much appreciated