Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I bought a new guitar!

Comments

• @supanorton said:

@vpich said:
    Very cool. Enjoy. Have had a couple lp studios, one which was my main band guitar for years. More forgiving than fenders, made me sound more consistent. Awesome neck, super comfortable. Love them. Have been on a fender kick for years though and since i play much less guitar now i just keep one around, my strat. I’m sure i’ll have another gibson at some point.

Thank you.

I agree. Forgiving is a good word for Gibsons.

You guys think so? I always found a Les Paul the most 'unforgiving' guitar for playing leads, like you needed more technical proficiency to pull it off. But that could just be me always owning a Fender my whole life, except for the one SG I had.

• @oat_phipps said:

@supanorton said:

@vpich said:
    Very cool. Enjoy. Have had a couple lp studios, one which was my main band guitar for years. More forgiving than fenders, made me sound more consistent. Awesome neck, super comfortable. Love them. Have been on a fender kick for years though and since i play much less guitar now i just keep one around, my strat. I’m sure i’ll have another gibson at some point.

Thank you.

You guys think so? I always found a Les Paul the most 'unforgiving' guitar for playing leads, like you needed more technical proficiency to pull it off. But that could just be me always owning a Fender my whole life, except for the one SG I had.

i've always been more rhythm guitar, keys are my main instrument, and i just felt that it was easier to get a consistent strum-chug with the lp. my only electric had been a telecaster and i always felt that any finger slip or volume inconsistency would come through more. the extra sustain on the les paul kinda fills the space a bit and gives more time to move your fingers. also those were rock bands with minimal fx. fuzz, a couple of od's , trem, and amp reverb. just a bit of delay on some songs.

i went through lots of jaguars and jazzmaster and am now with a strat but also use much more delay and reverb than before. so i guess i still fill that sustain gap.

• Nice, I got a cheaper LP back in 2013 after a 20 year wait. I'm 100% into the Gibson tone, could never stand the thin tones of single coils (personal preference of course). Strats are more comfortable to play, either sitting or standing, but the Les Paul has the fat tone to go with the fat guitar.

• edited October 2018

I'm gong to tell you an interesting but possibly unhelpful story that happened only 2 days ago.
    A friend kept stressing out for ages about getting an lp. One day he's bought a Tanglewood lp standard copy on the cheap, second hand. Having had Tanglewood acoustics and basses in the past I sneered all over it. Indeed the pots curve was uneven and it kept going out of tune.

Yesterday I met again him and he told me that he did a cheeky thing (his words) to go to a local music store and under the pretense of wanting to trade in his old Tanglewood he managed to AB it against all of the top shelf new lps they had hanging on the wall.

He came to a conclusion that in terms of tone and playability they were very similar to his Tanglewood which then he's decided to keep and only upgrade machine heads.

I'm not at all saying that Supanorton is burning money or want to start a massive cheap vs expensive axe debate. This is just a related thing that made me think.

Of course it is all related to how expendable income one has at a given time and how they define value and the very use of the word 'value' in recent times.

It also made me think of the truth in 'poor man spends twice' saying which might be quite accurate here.

I also have another mate who loves his sound He lugs his Fender tube amp and 70's Hofner President to most gigs we do, who's recently told me that despite having his shed full of guitars he's never adjusted a truss rod in his life. I guess if your guitar costs over £1000 you think twice before you start messing with it ;)

• @supadom I kinda agree. Funnily enough the cheapest guitar I own is a second-hand acoustic 12 string, it actually has better action than my Les Paul. A 12 string acoustic! Not that the action on LP is terrible, but when it was new it was too low and so it suffered from fret buzz, so I had to adjust the rod up a bit. It just so happens that the cheapo acoustic has exceptional action.

The name on the headstock is a powerful psychological factor. But at least if you have what you perceive to be the “best” it quells those nagging doubts.

• Feel and sound. Always try out guitars with your eyes shut. You’ll know when you find your soulmate...

• edited October 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@supanorton said:

@vpich said:

Thank you.

I don’t know why, but I can play fast and sloppy on Fenders and it sounds less so on my Gibsons. I turn into a slightly different kind of lead player, depending on the guitar.

• edited October 2018

Anyway, here’s wonderwall....

(Sorry, I just wanted to participate in this thread)

• Excellent! Always nice to get your dream guitar, whatever that may be!

• @mrufino1 said:
    Excellent! Always nice to get your dream guitar, whatever that may be!

Exactly.

• I traded some synths and bought this a couple months ago. Nice balance between Tele on the bridge and a more Les-Paul style tone.

I understand the 'cheap guitars are just as good' argument after playing them and being happy with them most of my life. But after never having purchased a guitar in my adult life, I decided it was time, and that I was going to get exactly what I wanted. I caught shit from friends for spending so much and felt a little guilty about it...til it came in the mail. It feels better than any guitar I've ever played, the neck and fretboard. It was well worth the price to me, plus I now take extra-good care of my guitar.

• edited October 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@supanorton said:

@vpich said:

Thank you.

He probably meant you can bend strings more easily on a Les Paul and other Gibsons made with similar scale fretboards. The flip side of that is you can bend a note to be out of tune if you're not careful, because of the strings being so slinky compared the ones on Fenders, with their longer scale. I was shocked how easy it was to bend a major 3rd on a Les Paul style guitar, the first time I tried it.

The other guy made a good point too, in that the Tele is notorious for exposing every little mistake you make as a player.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Excellent! Always nice to get your dream guitar, whatever that may be!

Yup, thanks.

• @oat_phipps said:

I traded some synths and bought this a couple months ago. Nice balance between Tele on the bridge and a more Les-Paul style tone.

I understand the 'cheap guitars are just as good' argument after playing them and being happy with them most of my life. But after never having purchased a guitar in my adult life, I decided it was time, and that I was going to get exactly what I wanted. I caught shit from friends for spending so much and felt a little guilty about it...til it came in the mail. It feels better than any guitar I've ever played, the neck and fretboard. It was well worth the price to me, plus I now take extra-good care of my guitar.

Nice guitar!

• My main guitar is a D'Angelico EX-SS - splurged on the Deluxe to get the Seymour Duncan pickups, Jescar frets, etc. It's the most dynamically responsive guitar I've ever owned. The pickups in single coil mode won't fool anyone into thinking a Strat or Tele is being played, but they do add useful tonal versatility. Pretty much looks like this, except I got mine on discount and the blue is a bit darker than the photos would suggest.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/DAngelico/Deluxe-Series-Limited-Edition-EX-SS-with-Stairstep-Tailpiece-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar.gc#productDetail

• @GovernorSilver said:
    My main guitar is a D'Angelico EX-SS - splurged on the Deluxe to get the Seymour Duncan pickups, Jescar frets, etc. It's the most dynamically responsive guitar I've ever owned. The pickups in single coil mode won't fool anyone into thinking a Strat or Tele is being played, but they do add useful tonal versatility. Pretty much looks like this, except I got mine on discount and the blue is a bit darker than the photos would suggest.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/DAngelico/Deluxe-Series-Limited-Edition-EX-SS-with-Stairstep-Tailpiece-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar.gc#productDetail

Sweet!

• Here is my one and only guitar since 10 years i think.

• @oat_phipps said:

@supanorton said:

@vpich said:

Thank you.

Yeah, I agree with that. The 24.75" scale (vs. 25.5" scale on Fender) means that the frets are closer together, but it also means that string tension required is lower to achieve the same notes. I think that makes it easier to fret chords, but arguably harder to fret higher notes accurately on quick runs. Also, Gibson necks just feel thicker and slower to me, BUT that could just be because I played Strats for years and got used to that. The tension issue allows you to gauge up your strings a little, but it also means that you can sound out of tune if you use poor hand technique more easily.

Anyway, congrats on that beautiful guitar! My skill level couldn't justify that degree of purchase on a single instrument, but I did finally get a "real" Gibson late last year when I picked up a 2017 Goldtop Tribute. I love the way it looks and most about how it sounds, but if I'm being totally honest, it doesn't play as well or stay in tune quite as well as a $1,000 price tag should indicate. But it's also true that I seem to feel more comfortable with it and like it better every time I bring it out. Had price not been an object, what you bought would have been pretty high up on the list of what I wanted. Enjoy!

• @flo26 said:
    Here is my one and only guitar since 10 years i think.

Gorgeous guitar, Flo!

• @StormJH1 said:

Yeah, I agree with that. The 24.75" scale (vs. 25.5" scale on Fender) means that the frets are closer together, but it also means that string tension required is lower to achieve the same notes. I think that makes it easier to fret chords, but arguably harder to fret higher notes accurately on quick runs. Also, Gibson necks just feel thicker and slower to me, BUT that could just be because I played Strats for years and got used to that. The tension issue allows you to gauge up your strings a little, but it also means that you can sound out of tune if you use poor hand technique more easily.

Anyway, congrats on that beautiful guitar! My skill level couldn't justify that degree of purchase on a single instrument, but I did finally get a "real" Gibson late last year when I picked up a 2017 Goldtop Tribute. I love the way it looks and most about how it sounds, but if I'm being totally honest, it doesn't play as well or stay in tune quite as well as a $1,000 price tag should indicate. But it's also true that I seem to feel more comfortable with it and like it better every time I bring it out. Had price not been an object, what you bought would have been pretty high up on the list of what I wanted. Enjoy!

Thanks, man!
    Is it mainly the G string that goes out tune?

• edited October 2018

Here she is with the pick guard on.

• @supanorton said:
    2019 Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Cherry or Walnut neck?

Original pick ups?

Great looking axe.

Congrats Ace Frehley!

Type of amp using with it?

Effect board?

• @supanorton said:

@StormJH1 said:

Thanks, man!
    Is it mainly the G string that goes out tune?

Yes! How did you know!? (Just kidding - it's a known problem with just about every Gibson Les Paul known to man). And I wouldn't describe it as a major problem.)

If anyone here is reading this thread and bemoaning the fact that they can't afford a "real" Les Paul, check out the the Agile AL-2000 and AL-3000 series from Rondo Music. I got a lightly-used AL-2000 in Vintage Burst and it's just a beautiful guitar. In many ways, it feels more like a $1,000 guitar than the Studio/Tribute-level Gibsons, but in other ways not as much. It had a slight bridge rattle and after a few years (since repaired with an awesome replacement from StewMac), and I replaced the pickups with GFS Alnico II. Oh, and I replaced the nut with a GraphTech TUSQ because I do that on just about every cheap guitar I come across. But even before I did any of those things, it was probably 90-95% of the sound and feel of a real Les Paul, and they can be had new for $200 to $300 in an insane amount of color and feature varieties.

• @supanorton said:

Here she is with the pick guard on.

Lovely..and these guitars just look better with age imo.

• I honestly can't decide if it looks better with or without the pickguard. Looks great either way!

• edited October 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

Cherry or Walnut neck?

>
    Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard

Original pick ups?

Yes Burstbuckers

Great looking axe.

Thank you!

Congrats Ace Frehley!

Lol

Type of amp using with it?

Marshall JCM900 dual reverb 50 watts

Effect board?

Boss C2 compressor, Vox wah wah,
    Ibanez Tube screamer. There are a few others, but those are my main ones.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I honestly can't decide if it looks better with or without the pickguard. Looks great either way!

Thank you. I’m old school, the pick guard needs to be on there.

• @StormJH1 said:

@supanorton said:

@StormJH1 said:

Yes! How did you know!? (Just kidding - it's a known problem with just about every Gibson Les Paul known to man). And I wouldn't describe it as a major problem.)

You probably know this already, but I’ve found that, with my Custom, putting some graphite pencil lead in the string groove on the nut helps a lot with my G string going out of tune. Fortunately, my new one stays in tune perfectly.

• I fall in love "on paper" with the PRS SE hollowbody II piezo. Anybody has already try it and can share experience?

I think it can be amazing to have two simultaneous outputs (humbucker and piezo) that can be recorded and processed with different fx

https://guitar.com/review/electric-guitar/review-prs-se-hollowbody-ii-piezo/

• edited March 2021

As mentioned in the video it‘s a big advantage in a typical stage setup, and fairly affordable regarding the brand. There‘s some piezo quack (as they called it), though, but less prominent than usually.

By pure chance I once got a ($150) acoustic guitar that does the twin trick fairly well, but I use a mic for the acoustic part and a soundhole magnetic pickup for electric sound.
    It‘s a Walden D351, their entry model about 10 years ago, with a neck almost like an electric guitar... and this thing screamed „Jazz“ by the first notes played.
    The response over the whole freboard was stunningly even and with great sustain in the higher registers. Definitely not what you‘d expect from such a cheapo.
    BUT: it was the only one among those 6 D351s in the store with that kind of performance.

Anyway, it became a favourite instrument, strung with d‘Addario ECB (flatwound strings, 11 gauge) and an Artec PU. Complements my Martin OMCX perfectly.