Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Horse Gas - The Radnor Forest Excursions

edited October 2018 in Creations

My latest bit of old fluff: synthy, spacey, doney ambient shenanigans:

https://horsegas.bandcamp.com/album/the-radnor-forest-excursions

Comments

• listening now ... great!
    Must describe process (instruments, loopers, etc.)

Folks take a listen this is a wild ride!!

• @kinkujin said:
    listening now ... great!
    Must describe process (instruments, loopers, etc.)

Folks take a listen this is a wild ride!!

That’s very kind, thank you for listening. Maschine has crept onto some of the tracks on this one, but it’s still mostly iOS.

• was listing to the first track with my phones on thinking i really like this but that repetitive bleeping is a bit annoying. then i realized that i'd set my smoke alarm off with my new vape lol
    spiral cloudscape would of been more apt :smile:

• @mrcanister said:
    was listing to the first track with my phones on thinking i really like this but that repetitive bleeping is a bit annoying. then i realized that i'd set my smoke alarm off with my new vape lol
    spiral cloudscape would of been more apt :smile:

😄 I’ll put one of those on the next one! Thanks for listening 😀

• edited October 2018

Of the three of Horse Gas Productions I’ve heard thus far this one is my favorite. More drums and groove, Really good album.

• @kinkujin said:
    Of the three of Horse Gas Productions I’ve heard thus far this one is my favorite. More drums and groove, Really good album.

Thank you!

I think that's probably due to Maschine creeping in - it's very rhythm oriented. Most of the spacey ambient stuff is via the iPad, and in particular from Spacecraft sessions.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Nice man!

Thanks Trevor!

• edited October 2018

Cold air blowing in from an 11th floor terrace here in the dark of downtown Boston, lights blinking, and listening to all of the Horse Gas bleeping and buzzing....def. addition of the beats, but more (to my ear) as a support structure rather than anything overbearing....liked much, really enjoyed Pascagoula and having started out remebering my own poor previous behavior in Radnorshire ending up being transported to Mississippi was double plus good.

• Nice one Monzo.. Yes matey... Puka mate!....

• @studs1966 said:
    Nice one Monzo.. Yes matey... Puka mate!....

Cheers matey - thanks for listening!

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Cold air blowing in from an 11th floor terrace here in the dark of downtown Boston, lights blinking, and listening to all of the Horse Gas bleeping and buzzing....def. addition of the beats, but more (to my ear) as a support structure rather than anything overbearing....liked much, really enjoyed Pascagoula and having started out remebering my own poor previous behavior in Radnorshire ending up being transported to Mississippi was double plus good.

Thanks Boss. It’s a nice thought knowing bleeps and pings made here in darkest Wales, are coming out of a speaker thousands of miles away in Texas. Very cool.

Thanks for listening - and you’ll have to tell me about your Radnorshire exploits someday.

• Congrats! I greatly enjoyed your shenanigans. Pascagoula is also my favorite. Really nice textures in that one.

• @waynerowand said:
    Congrats! I greatly enjoyed your shenanigans. Pascagoula is also my favorite. Really nice textures in that one.

Thanks Wayne! Johnny Goodyear seemed to like that one too, so I might make it the featured track on Bandcamp.

Funnily enough I think that’s one of the few iPad-only tracks!

• Awesome! I like the Cluster vibe on some of these tracks. Listening to Gossamer Wings now - it reminds me of Jade Warrior a bit.
    Did you finish this up on iOS or in Logic? Any particular reverb you were using?

• @pichi said:
    Awesome! I like the Cluster vibe on some of these tracks. Listening to Gossamer Wings now - it reminds me of Jade Warrior a bit.
    Did you finish this up on iOS or in Logic? Any particular reverb you were using?

Thank you! Love Cluster, so happy with that one!

That track started with two AUM jams - an ambient one using Spacecraft and a few other bits (I would have been using Spacecraft's own reverb, plus probably Discord in AUM), and a sequenced thing - both recorded live and saved as audio files. I then imported the two files into Reason on the desktop, segued them together, and overdubbed lead lines from Geoshred via an audio lead into the desktop. I think that might have been put through some subtle effect with GuitarRig.

• edited October 2018

Well done - I like the rhythms creeping into those ambiences and turn the track(s)
    Good mixture of relax and action. All at reasonable sound levels, nice B)
    (made me pick up the guitar and play along on some parts)

• @Telefunky said:
    Well done - I like the rhythms creeping into those ambiences and turn the track(s)
    Good mixture of relax and action. All at reasonable sound levels, nice B)
    (made me pick up the guitar and play along on some parts)

Thanks - like to have heard that - always room for a bit of guitar on those tracks!

• @MonzoPro I'm still working on a guitar processing setup (based on AUM), so I can can capture your track (as a guide) when noodling - thanks to AUM.
    The target is some solid material to compare to the Strymon pedals, focussed on ambience sounds. Takes a bit of time as I want to do justice to several app providers.
    Also found some very convenient control options in AUM that I haven't exploited fully yet.

• GORGEOUS stuff here, Monzo! I’ve got a feeling that if this were the soundtrack to a film it would be one of my favorite films. ;)

The progression of sounds and musical themes has me listening less as the linear left-to-right progression of a DAW and more of a journey forward in a POV-style exploration; I move forward in a space with the atmosphere filling in on the left and right, as if I were exploring some fantastic alien temple.

• @Telefunky said:
    @MonzoPro I'm still working on a guitar processing setup (based on AUM), so I can can capture your track (as a guide) when noodling - thanks to AUM.
    The target is some solid material to compare to the Strymon pedals, focussed on ambience sounds. Takes a bit of time as I want to do justice to several app providers.
    Also found some very convenient control options in AUM that I haven't exploited fully yet.

If I had endless money I’d get a Big Sky and a Mobius, that’d do me.

• Great stuff Monzo! All kinds of cool sounds and atmospheres.

• @aquasloth said:
    GORGEOUS stuff here, Monzo! I’ve got a feeling that if this were the soundtrack to a film it would be one of my favorite films. ;)

The progression of sounds and musical themes has me listening less as the linear left-to-right progression of a DAW and more of a journey forward in a POV-style exploration; I move forward in a space with the atmosphere filling in on the left and right, as if I were exploring some fantastic alien temple.

Very kind, thank you. Funnily enough I was thinking about soundtracks this morning - some of it would probably work well.

• @TozBourne said:
    Great stuff Monzo! All kinds of cool sounds and atmospheres.

Thank you, and thank you for listening!