Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New bm3 apps?

Looks like we’ll be waiting on bm3 updates a while longer but I’m sure this can only be a good thing for future development. Possibly an IAP?

Comments

• I wonder, will this new app be a "game changer"? :smirk: I mean, of course BM3 on the iPhone would be a real bread-and-butter game changer of sorts for iPhone music production, but then again, this'll unnamed app will probably turn out to be another generally disappointing app only a few people will gush over and actually get any use out of. I also bet it'll cost $14.99 the first week (25% off sale), $19.99 regular price for the second week, and then free during that weekend.

• I’m incredibly pessimistic about turntablist type apps, DJ Apps are all good (have used Traktor and Djay on iOS but I can’t see anything iOS related creating the physical interface/feedback needed to perform the type of thing that ISP do.
    Chances are it will be a gimmicky 5 minute wonder.

• With Intel involved, wouldn't even expect an iOS version :smile:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I wonder, will this new app be a "game changer"? :smirk: I mean, of course BM3 on the iPhone would be a real bread-and-butter game changer of sorts for iPhone music production, but then again, this'll unnamed app will probably turn out to be another generally disappointing app only a few people will gush over and actually get any use out of. I also bet it'll cost $14.99 the first week (25% off sale), $19.99 regular price for the second week, and then free during that weekend.

You meant paradigm shift surely ? ;)

• Did they actually mention a new app?
    All I caught was a trade show demo of some new tech or gear, but nothing about a new app for the public.
    Anyway, I hope BM3 Big Daddy gets paid a hefty sum. Dude surely deserves it.

• edited October 2018

It’s nothing related to bm3. It’s another history involving qbert and idea appropiation.
    The funny side is, aside later, zero money involved. Intel involvement just points towards another nichey fail.

If @mathieugarcia or another developer wants to win the race better to ask original sources
    https://skrat.ch/

Yes. I was involved in that project like some many more over the years and I’ve send mails to every of them. Proof? http://stephanvankov.tetmusic.com/portfolio_djhero.html I can find any resource over the net. In fact I was like a library holder until I decided to move on and focus in other things. People move for fame and I don’t want to be the next RZA or DjFocus. Just make my living which is quite hard as is in my country. Nobody is prophet on its land... peace.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    It’s nothing related to bm3. It’s another history involving qbert and idea appropiation.
    The funny side is, aside later, zero money involved. Intel involvement just points towards another nichey fail.

If @mathieugarcia or another developer wants to win the race better to ask original sources

Yes. I was involved in that project like some many more over the years and I’ve send mails to every of them. Proof? http://stephanvankov.tetmusic.com/portfolio_djhero.html I can find any resource over the net. In fact I was like a library holder until I decided to move on and focus in other things. People move for fame and I don’t want to be the next RZA or DjFocus. Just make my living which is quite hard as is in my country. Nobody is prophet on its land... peace.

Unfortunately nobody will listen when you try to tell them what Thud Rumble are like for this sort of "Idea aquisition" they think you are making it up because it is so ridiculous, producers not being paid, inventions being "Aquired" and kickstarters never getting delivered after years, yet they still get people wanting to be abused by them, because, you know, Qbert.

• @Turntablist said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Unfortunately nobody will listen when you try to tell them what Thud Rumble are like for this sort of "Idea aquisition" they think you are making it up because it is so ridiculous, producers not being paid, inventions being "Aquired" and kickstarters never getting delivered after years, yet they still get people wanting to be abused by them, because, you know, Qbert.

Sounds like some juicy history here. All going over my head though. I’m humbly just hoping for some cool new bm3 stuff. I nice AU scratch instrument fx IAP would be fun.

• edited October 2018

Well people learnt the hard way. Myself included.
    Anyways, just pointing what it’s probably all about: a Juce application for teaching and elearning scratching (with some luck even a true automation scratch recorder). If anyone wants details or know ideas feel free to ask. I’m going to leave you an old video to get the idea. Obviously things evolve so maybe they are going to make the new rane72 thud rumble edition (Q’s was rear that horse too).

Even Christian Bloomert (now I can’t remember his audiobus forum user) could told you about back in the day ideas when d(—)b release (or later with sodadj). My soul is spread around the internet... the weird thing is I’m not a turntablist myself. Just a producer who loves the artform (and djs usually didn’t understand or try to make the effort). Also involved in MsPinky maxforlive patch, scratchML, so and so... but as I said peanuts so let the monkeys eat

• edited October 2018

@universe said:

@Turntablist said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Sounds like some juicy history here. All going over my head though. I’m humbly just hoping for some cool new bm3 stuff. A nice AU scratch instrument fx IAP would be fun.

• @universe said:

@universe said:

@Turntablist said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Sounds like some juicy history here. All going over my head though. I’m humbly just hoping for some cool new bm3 stuff. A nice AU scratch instrument fx IAP would be fun.

Forget about it. The most similar is already implemented in Serato.
    Jump to 9:32

• edited October 2018

I am doubtful a scratch IAP is likely to happen, beyond a bunch of sample scratches from Thud Rumble maybe, it is a niche within a niche within a niche, unlikely any developer would put effort in to.
    There are excellent apps on IOS for scratching, but not AUs, and they wont scratch for you.

• @Turntablist said:
    I am doubtful a scratch IAP is likely to happen, beyond a bunch of sample scratches from Thud Rumble maybe, it is a niche within a niche within a niche, unlikely any developer would put effort in to.
    There are excellent apps on IOS for scratching, but not AUs, and they wont scratch for you.

No I don’t want them to scratch for me. I want to do the scratching. I know there was an app called baby scratch or something a while back but never heard of anything else ?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@universe said:

@universe said:

@Turntablist said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Yes but that’s cheating. They are pre programmed scratches rather than doing it yourself.

• @universe said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@universe said:

@universe said:

@Turntablist said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Yes but that’s cheating. They are pre programmed scratches rather than doing it yourself.

That’s presetting the vector movement which is better than sell scratch packs but I see the usual point alongside the opposite (Jazzy Jeff defending it for learning purposes). I’m not going to discuss with nobody, I’m too old now for that :lol:

There are tone of software for any need out there. In fact IMH but educated O, there is still some room for innovation but not enough revenue to make it profitable (that’s what I call peanuts) and involving Intel didn’t make it better (in business terms). It’s cheaper go directly for mac mini/iOS routes (maybe Mathieu is being hired for that reason) but anyways as time goes true innovative djs are like unicorns... better to focus on scratch or die

I’m enjoying my own madness lol :trollface:

• edited October 2018

If you want the best touchscreen scratch on IOS it is the Mixfader app, but it works with the Mixfader Bluetooth scratch fader.
    You could run it in to a mixer instead though.

• I’m sure he been helping out with this one aswell.

• What we need is a dj app that allows one to transfer tracks from AudioShare into it without bloody iTunes

Traktor dj would be reinstalled by me if so

• DJPP elements, uses 11+ Files support.
    Same for the full blown DJPP.

• @mindscaper said:
    What we need is a dj app that allows one to transfer tracks from AudioShare into it without bloody iTunes

Djay?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:
    What we need is a dj app that allows one to transfer tracks from AudioShare into it without bloody iTunes

Would tracks stay in the app though?

• @Turntablist said:
    If you want the best touchscreen scratch on IOS it is the Mixfader app, but it works with the Mixfader Bluetooth scratch fader.

That looks great ! Probably a seriously rookie question here but what does the mixer do - why does a turntablist need to move the fader - I thought that was to mix between two records scratching, but in the videos I've just seen for this app, there is only one record being used - the one in the app on the tablet - unless I'm mistaken.

• @mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

Would tracks stay in the app though?

I should try but I think it does when I export from documents...

• @universe said:

@Turntablist said:

That looks great ! Probably a seriously rookie question here but what does the mixer do - why does a turntablist need to move the fader - I thought that was to mix between two records scratching, but in the videos I've just seen for this app, there is only one record being used - the one in the app on the tablet - unless I'm mistaken.

It creates a volume envelope for the scratching, basically.

• @CracklePot said:

@universe said:

@Turntablist said:

It creates a volume envelope for the scratching, basically.

Ok thanks

• It turns the sound off and on, a super simple example that any synthesist would know is a stab scratch, move the record forward with fader open, move it backwards with fader closed, repeat.
    You get the sound played with no reverse just like a stabbed synth sound.

• @mindscaper said:

There are a few......

• @RUST( i )K said:

@mindscaper said:

There are a few......

I tried with djay and it doesn’t keep the tracks saved into the app

Any with access to files app?