Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Brand New Beathawk tutorial, producing a song from scratch-part 1

Skip ahead to 16:07 to hear the finished result so far.

Comments

• Great video, man... I LOVE BH!

• This is what i call a tutorial.
    Thanks!

• edited October 2018

@flo26 said:
    This is what i call a tutorial.
    Thanks!

+1
    Great work Marc @bedheadproducer !
    Your tutorial was pretty straight forward und understandable for me. First class! 👍😊

Just two suggestions for new tutorials. Sometimes it was difficult for me to understand your voice but I’m sure you will find the right settings for your mic soon!

It will help me a lot when I can see (with a little marker?) where you been in the app so I can see what exactly you are doing. I don’t know how to realise it. May you need a different screen recorder for it?

Anyway, I enjoyed your tutorial and it was interesting and helpful for me. I’m looking forward for new videos from you!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences my friend! 😊

• @Telstar5 said:
    Great video, man... I LOVE BH!

@flo26 said:
    Thanks!

@chandroji said:

@flo26 said:
    Thanks!

+1
    Great work Marc @bedheadproducer !
    Your tutorial was pretty straight forward und understandable for me. First class! 👍😊

Just two suggestions for new tutorials. Sometimes it was difficult for me to understand your voice but I’m sure you will find the right settings for your mic soon!

It will help me a lot when I can see (with a little marker?) where you been in the app so I can see what exactly you are doing. I don’t know how to realise it. May you need a different screen recorder for it?

Anyway, I enjoyed your tutorial and it was interesting and helpful for me. I’m looking forward for new videos from you!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences my friend! 😊

Thanks, this was my first time using Luma fusion to do the voice over and I do want a cursor to use as a pointer but I’m not yet sure how ....so if anyone reading this knows...help!
    I’ll try to make it easier to understand me

• Now you are really cooking, Marc. I think tutorials on the most used apps is the way to go and will be really appreciated.
    Your style is great and I thought your voice perfect with a little more volume. Congrats on this good work!

• @bedheadproducer Really useful, thanks!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Now you are really cooking, Marc. I think tutorials on the most used apps is the way to go and will be really appreciated.
    Your style is great and I thought your voice perfect with a little more volume. Congrats on this good work!

Thanks I had a feeling this would get me back on track :)> @jigglypuff said:

@bedheadproducer Really useful, thanks!

Thank you both!!! I'll get better at this with time. Does anyone thing that my fictional characters at each intro are too much?

• @bedheadproducer said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Now you are really cooking, Marc. I think tutorials on the most used apps is the way to go and will be really appreciated.

Thank you both!!! I'll get better at this with time. Does anyone thing that my fictional characters at each intro are too much?

The whole thing was really well put together......really very good............but since you ask, the AR stuff is a really big turn off for me............I'm not 8yrs old! Cut out the animation stuff & your on to a winner.....or publish two versions,then everyone is happy. The actual tutorial is very useful though. Thank You! :)

• @Iso said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@LinearLineman said:

The whole thing was really well put together......really very good............but since you ask, the AR stuff is a really big turn off for me............I'm not 8yrs old! Cut out the animation stuff & your on to a winner.....or publish two versions,then everyone is happy. The actual tutorial is very useful though. Thank You! :)

Same here! I would leave the AR for tutorials ! 😎

• The AR stuff made me laugh the first time as I wasn’t expecting it. Just skip past it now. Excellent tutorial! Thx!

• @bedheadproducer said:

@LinearLineman said:

The animated text is fine but I would end the intro there. I usually skip the first part of all videos anyway, not just yours.

• :( , I guess if you knew me personally and my normal serious side, the characters would be more funny. I guess I'll just be more sparing with my attempts to be a goofball. I like Russel Peters the comedian and his parents are Indian so he does the American's who have immigrated here from India accent very well, and my mom has a thick German accent so I can do that one pretty easily. I went back to Germany for the first time since a child, about 4 years ago, so I my vocabulary was pretty small, but I speak German without an American accent and I remember being in a grocery store trying to ask for help, searching for words and having the Germans look at me like I was mentally handicapped, so until I got the swing of speaking German again after a couple weeks, I would put on my best American accent, while speaking German, which is the German equivilant of Dr. Ruth over here.....basically they call it something like "Cowboy mumble" where everything you say sounds like you have a hot potatoes in your mouth that your tongue navigates around. Whenever I would give an example to people I met that were music fans and mimic how I acted in stores to be taken more seriously, the Germans would just about piss their pants laughing. I'm trying to think of a routine that relates my experiences of what it was like growing up with a German mom, which is nothing like growing up with and American Mom, who wasn't partial to knowing what it's like to grow up in post wwii Germany where all that was once beautiful, was suddently turned to ruins by the allied bombs. So for instance, I was never allowed to waste any food. My mom stood over me with wooden spoon, ready to whack me in the back of the head, if I tried to hide a brussel sprout in a napkin and not eat it. It was like have the soup nazi from seinfeld, in female form watching me at every dinner. "Oh, you don't like my Sowa Krrrrraout Maaak? Vell, you don't hav to hav any dinna tomahrow eza if you dont Vant, How about a peese of drrrry brrrread....and I'll make you valk arrround da house 100 times before you can hav som crrrrumbs for dinna?" ....."No MOM! I love your Sour Kraut. Please pass the Snittzle and the hard mashed potatoe balls with consistency of rubber!" as you may imagine, I'm not really a big fan of German cuisine.....lol. My mom is super kind and amazing now, btw, but that's not the woman who raised...same body, different, now wise and enlightened person.

• If it is any consolation, I have some weird defect where I don't find comedians funny. My problem, not yours. :smile:

I think it's great that you are making videos and tutorials and having fun with it. Keep it up!

• @gusgranite said:
    If it is any consolation, I have some weird defect where I don't find comedians funny. My problem, not yours. :smile:

I think it's great that you are making videos and tutorials and having fun with it. Keep it up!

Thanks ... guess I’m also trying to separate myself somehow from the herd . Also , I enjoy teaching and making things easy to understand (hoping I achieve this) . I make tutorials the way I wish most would be, in a straight line from getting started to finishing a task . I like overview tutorials too , but they generally don’t do much for showing me how to dive in quickly and showing me exactly where to start .

• What happened to your busker setup, Marc?

• we> @LinearLineman said:

What happened to your busker setup, Marc?

Temporarily got put on hold but I think I'm going too eliminate the helix and use either an ipad or and iphone runing bias fx jamup. I get a great tone and using the right interface I have no latency issues. Now it's just a matter of how many tracks will I play to and how much horse power will i use running other apps simultaneously. I'll have more to report soon. Will be working on part 2 of this tutorial series tonight.

• Look forward to it!