Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iElectribe... Still relevant..?

Just got kew and I'm really having fun with it, even tho I thought I would hate it 😂
@echoopera and a few others posted some amazing jams and so I pressed the blue button...

It's kinda making me itch for the iElectribe cuz I'm really digging the workflow of kew..... But I still don't own gadget either, thinking I will on the next sale tho...

So... What do you think, get one... Get em both??

Comments

• edited October 2018

I mostly make downtempo, chillwave ambient stuff if that matters lol as I find most synths are versatile enough to do what you want.. regardless of how they are marketed..... If you know how to make em tilt 😁

• edited October 2018

GR-16 is the real ielectribe. And it does way more than just drums and the limited synth hits you can squeeze out of the other one. The beat flutter effect in I Electribe is really cool though and makes it very easy to come up with tons of variations.

• ahhh good info! Ima have to look into that some more...i see it everywhere but always kinda just skipped it... Thanks

@db909 said:
    GR-16 is the real ielectribe. And it does way more than just drums and the limited synth hits you can squeeze out of the other one. The beat flutter effect in I Electribe is really cool though and makes it very easy to come up with tons of variations.

• edited October 2018

Might just be me, but i bought ielectribe a couple of years ago & have hardly used it at all. Even though i have the original hardware ER-1 which I'm still really fond of, and is still in my set-up, for some reason the ios version left me completely cold, & i just couldn't get into it. Re-installed it again a couple of months ago, and deleted it again within a couple of days. Like i say tho, it could just be me........loads of Youtube videos up there......maybe take a look at those, might help you make up your mind.........

• @reasOne said:
    ahhh good info! Ima have to look into that some more...i see it everywhere but always kinda just skipped it... Thanks

@db909 said:

Humm, that’s true and not true. GR-16 is a great drum sample player and synth groovebox, (better than KEW IMO ... but please, don’t want to start an argument. :# ) but it’s not so much a drum synth like iELECTRIBE. IElectribe and KEW don’t really have that much in common either. IELECTRIBE is it’s own thing. A crazy good drum synth that you can also twist around to do decidedly non-drummy stuff with. Very little like KEW though. Definitely worth having though. It’s one of my favorites. Caveat: the iPad and iPhone apps are separate purchases.

• if you have anything online you've made with it I'd love to hear it!!

And I guess what I meant by comparing it to kew was that it looks like the way you build tracks/arrangements looked similar, but I'm not sure if that's true...
    I love drum synths, even if it can't make leads n pads, if it drums well and isn't a pita to program's(like elastic drums is for me) then it's a win win..

@wim said:

@reasOne said:
    ahhh good info! Ima have to look into that some more...i see it everywhere but always kinda just skipped it... Thanks

@db909 said:

Humm, that’s true and not true. GR-16 is a great drum sample player and synth groovebox, (better than KEW IMO ... but please, don’t want to start an argument. :# ) but it’s not so much a drum synth like iELECTRIBE. IElectribe and KEW don’t really have that much in common either. IELECTRIBE is it’s own thing. A crazy good drum synth that you can also twist around to do decidedly non-drummy stuff with. Very little like KEW though. Definitely worth having though. It’s one of my favorites. Caveat: the iPad and iPhone apps are separate purchases.

• I deff love the hardware of it, don't own but have played on it, was hoping for a similar experience but maybe it's not quite as fun..

@Iso said:
    Might just be me, but i bought ielectribe a couple of years ago & have hardly used it at all. Even though i have the original hardware ER-1 which I'm still really fond of, and is still in my set-up, for some reason the ios version left me completely cold, & i just couldn't get into it. Re-installed it again a couple of months ago, and deleted it again within a couple of days. Like i say tho, it could just be me........loads of Youtube videos up there......maybe take a look at those, might help you make up your mind.........

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

Humm ... I’m sure I’ve used it on some of the stuff I’ve actually posted, but I can’t remember which or when off the top of my head, and it’s not a featured part of any piece in any case. You can do a lot better just googling around.

If you like the way of entering beats using the row of keys at the bottom (not the sequencer page), then you’ll be happy with the way iELECTRIBE works. There’s no equivalent to the sequencer page in iELECTRIBE. There’s no automation editing. You can record motion of knobs though, and this is where the real fun begins. Maximum pattern length is four bars.

On the downside, it’s given me a bad craving to get a real Electribe ER-1 off of EBay. On the upside, it’s done so well, that so far I’ve been able to stave off my craving by realizing I’ve got something damn near as good sounding but without the setup and space hassles. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

@reasOne said:
    I deff love the hardware of it, don't own but have played on it, was hoping for a similar experience but maybe it's not quite as fun..

@Iso said:

Except for the haptics missing, I’d say it’s damn near as much fun. It also has a couple things the hardware doesn’t - more effects and wave choices, the tube warmer distortion, and Link. IMO it’s totally worth getting. So much so that I swallowed my principles and bought the iPhone separate app. Lotta fun there while waiting for the missus to finish shopping.

• edited October 2018

@reasOne

Like i say, it could just be me. If i were you i would wait until it goes on sale. It has been on sale for $14.99 a couple of times since i bought it. $29.99 for an app isn't such a casual purchase, i personally would rather have the hardware off E-bay for whatever they go for now.........£60.00-£180.00? Like i say though it could just be me..........maybe other people here really love it...........

(EDIT) Don't let me put you off, my opinion is highly subjective........... B)

I don't want to come across like some kind of hardware snob, coz I'm not! Just didn't click for me...........

Feeling bad about being negative about it now!!!!!! :#

Just had a look on the app store & it's $19.99. Is it on sale or has the price come down?

• @wim said:
    Humm ... I’m sure I’ve used it on some of the stuff I’ve actually posted, but I can’t remember which or when off the top of my head, and it’s not a featured part of any piece in any case. You can do a lot better just googling around.

If you like the way of entering beats using the row of keys at the bottom (not the sequencer page), then you’ll be happy with the way iELECTRIBE works. There’s no equivalent to the sequencer page in iELECTRIBE. There’s no automation editing. You can record motion of knobs though, and this is where the real fun begins. Maximum pattern length is four bars.

On the downside, it’s given me a bad craving to get a real Electribe ER-1 off of EBay. On the upside, it’s done so well, that so far I’ve been able to stave off my craving by realizing I’ve got something damn near as good sounding but without the setup and space hassles. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

This ^
    with the craving and realization. One of my first apps on iPad 1 still using it on this one
    There’s a midi chart floating around for the motion

• haha don't feel bad, I'm leaning more towards gadget anyway, but I still need step poly arp, sunrizer and audulus first 😂> @Iso said:

@reasOne

Like i say, it could just be me. If i were you i would wait until it goes on sale. It has been on sale for $14.99 a couple of times since i bought it. $29.99 for an app isn't such a casual purchase, i personally would rather have the hardware off E-bay for whatever they go for now.........£60.00-£180.00? Like i say though it could just be me..........maybe other people here really love it...........

(EDIT) Don't let me put you off, my opinion is highly subjective........... B)

I don't want to come across like some kind of hardware snob, coz I'm not! Just didn't click for me...........

Feeling bad about being negative about it now!!!!!! :#

Just had a look on the app store & it's $19.99. Is it on sale or has the price come down?

• edited October 2018

@Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

This ^
    with the craving and realization. One of my first apps on iPad 1 still using it on this one
    There’s a midi chart floating around for the motion

same here - and it was the app that introduced the now famous 'tap control - drag away and move with larger radius' action.
    Still remember early Korg videos where their own presenter was unaware of the feature and fiddled with the tiny dials :*