Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Filtatron - are you using it?

Been awhile since I've seen it talked about. I'm pretty much loving all my Moog apps so of course I'm wondering about this one, now that I'm moving along from getting every synth I can't handle. I'm def slim in the fx dept.

So ... Is Filtatron still in use for you folk or have you moved on? If so, why?

Comments

• edited October 2018

Yep -- great app, great sound. I love processing drums with it. Throw in FunkBox for a really classic sound both inside and outside the context of the iOS platform!

• Had it since day 1 but haven’t used it for years. Should probably revisit it.

• Never got anything I liked out of it.
    I may be top dumb

• Nope, no au etc and i have 3 different physical moog filters

• @ToMess said:
    Nope, no au etc and i have 3 different physical moog filters

Well, that is a great thing. But until then, it's onboard ios for me.

Have also considered Turnado but didn't want to drop 20 bux. Maybe I will end up doing that.

Keep those thoughts coming and thanks so far ...

• Never used it much before. Always preferred the blamsoft filter F-16 and ApeFilter, but I have lately been using Filtatron with Scythe, and having very good results.

• I personally got/get a lot more use out of Filtatron than from Turnado. It simply sounds fantastic!

• its so unique, there's nothing else like playing with that VCO/ VCF combo.

Of course there are other options with AU that are more functional, but nothing else with that Moog filter. I would love to see it get the AUv3 update

• I always forget about it. Almost all the effects I use are AU these days, even though I have no problem using IAA instruments. I should rectify that.

• Never really got much out of it myself. I know it’s sacrilegious but none of the Moog stuff really floats my boat.

• @anickt said:
    Never really got much out of it myself. I know it’s sacrilegious but none of the Moog stuff really floats my boat.

Sacre bleu! Or something like that.

• I don’t really use it on synths but I run my guitar straight into it through an Apogee Jam and really like the results. With the envelope control, LFO, and overdrive, it gives the Electro-Harmonix Tube Zipper a real run for its money (and probably the Moogerfooger filter too).

• @david_2017 said:
    Never got anything I liked out of it.
    I may be top dumb

+1. I have tried with it many times.

• Never got something musical with it :-1:

• edited October 2018

Pretty surprised to see some people didn't get on with this filter! It's not the most fully featured, but to me it's the most musical (and of course very distinctive) sounding filter on the platform. Really warm and so easy to dial in good sounds in seconds.

I'd be curious to know what people are using it on. I've mainly processed bass and drums with it myself.

• Audio Damage Filter Station 2 is WAY more useful, feature-packed, and in my opinion, better sounding.

• Tried many times, always failed...Sound is too dull, VCO is absolutely uncontrollable...
    I just don't get it, but I can hear that it could be great...Seems the kind of pedal that doesn't fit easily in an IOS workflow ?...

• @MonkeyDrummer thanks, just bought it, and it indeed fits perfectly on my new track !

• haha same here, it just seems weak to me, and doesn't fit my sound... But, I'm dumb so who knows lol

@david_2017 said:
    Never got anything I liked out of it.
    I may be top dumb

• Just got it a few days ago. Wow, it's crazy useful and I love the stereo effect. I've got ladder filters coming out my ears in hardware but this app is a pretty unique processing device.

Five stars.

• I bought it. Seems people love it or hate it. I'm in the former category. Some controls seem really subtle, others not so. I instantly had great effect using it with Cassini - set the delay to interact with Cassini delay and had the VCO sort of droning in the background. Really wacky and interesting and fun. Love it.

• edited October 2018

@ToMess said:

I like the sound of it. But ...similar here, doesn't integrate with my other stuff well since no AU. I merely have two actual Moog filters I can use. :(

Edit: Oh wait, I do have three Moog filters! I forgot about the stompbox.

• One of the first apps I purchased when I bought my first iOS device the iPod Touch 4. Sounds great but don’t use it anymore. Needs update with AU support.

• Im using it and loving it, but it just keeps crashing after about 5 minutes of use. Guess I'll have to stick with Volcano

• I'm disappointed though. Of all things Moog, hardware and software, this is the only thing that was never built rock-solid. Now I'm remembering that it always had crashy/glitchy problems.

• Interesting. Would you mind describing what you are doing when it crashes? I'd like to avoid such things. Thanks!

• edited October 2018

@kinkujin said:

@ToMess said:

Well, that is a great thing. But until then, it's onboard ios for me.

Have also considered Turnado but didn't want to drop 20 bux. Maybe I will end up doing that.

Keep those thoughts coming and thanks so far ...

Turnado is totally worth the money. Its running super stable and it replaced 90% of all the other au fx I purchased. It also contains an assignable envelope follower listening to the input volume. For non crazy stuff just turn the lfo speeds a bit down and/or don't use the presets at all.

• I find the lack of filtatron videos (and audio) disturbing :astonished:

• Wasted so much time trying to get something useful out of it and failed every time.

• Is there even a @thesoundtestroom demo for Filtatron??? The audio speaks for itself. A few audio samples here https://www.moogmusic.com/products/filtatron If you love the sound its worth it (and way cheaper than a moogerfooger)

Turnado can do a whole lot, absolutely worth the $20 if you ask me. The crazy presets with 8 fx stacked together are their own thing, but really just the fancy wrapping paper on a box full of very useful tools. As a AU, it can be a dozen different simple FX in your workflow. The AU update made it infinitely more useful.