Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New midi sequencer app.riffer.

Comments

• Needs midi channel switching ...please..

Nice..

• Really cool app, got some great stuff goin with Animoog within minutes. Very musical.

• It’s the “fun factor” that does it for me.

• How do you turn on Link in the iPhone version? I left my electron microscope (as well as my iPad, for reference) at home.

• Liking this!
    I got the VST.
    One bummer is that the infinity button gives such huge velocity ranges on every cycle - which makes the infinity sorta useless.
    Need to be able to set velocity ranges for infinity - or have a switch to stop the velocity from changing.

I presume the iPad version does the same?

• @Mayo said:
    Liking this!
    I got the VST.
    One bummer is that the infinity button gives such huge velocity ranges on every cycle - which makes the infinity sorta useless.
    Need to be able to set velocity ranges for infinity - or have a switch to stop the velocity from changing.

I presume the iPad version does the same?

On the iPad version if you press the volume button then press the lock button it locks the volume
    Similarly you can lock the pitch and duration.

I presume the vst will do the same.

There’s a link to a manual earlier in the thread.

• GEEZ - I should properly read the manual...
    Lock does pitch / duration & Volume !
    This is really good :)

• Hi Guys! Thank you all for great and honest feedback. We’re taking notes and we will make sure we implement each and every request as new version-updates roll. We can have a few of the most important suggested features very soon. Meanwhile you can reach us here for any thoughts or suggestions and we will do our best to reply extra-fast.
    Big thanks for all your support.

• To be able to have notes transmit on separate midi channels would open things up bigtime ;)

• I dove in because the UI looked quality.

So no export MIDI on the iOS version? No big deal, can just record it in DAW I guess.

Otherwise it's a fun little tool and is a pretty smart randomizer. I will get a good amount of use out of it.

• No MIDI export is disappointing, nice UI though.

What does this do that I can’t do in Steppolyarp?

• @MonzoPro said:
    No MIDI export is disappointing, nice UI though.

What does this do that I can’t do in Steppolyarp

Wait did I miss something, does steppolyarp have midi export?

• @MonzoPro said:

It is a much better randomizer, which seems to be the whole draw...get something random you kinda like, and then add/remove/move notes as needed using the grid, which is big and much more user-friendly than Step Poly Arps.

Otherwise, if you're not interested in the generation feature, you're probably good with SPA.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I dove in because the UI looked quality.

So no export MIDI on the iOS version? No big deal, can just record it in DAW I guess.

Otherwise it's a fun little tool and is a pretty smart randomizer. I will get a good amount of use out of it.

Yeah I was surprised there was no MIDI export since the VST version showcased that feature. That would be a nice thing to add in future updates.

UI is actually pretty good on iPad - it was just a horror show on iPhone XS

• @Chaztrip said:

@MonzoPro said:

What does this do that I can’t do in Steppolyarp

Wait did I miss something, does steppolyarp have midi export?

Unfortunately not, but it does have a randomiser. If this one had export I’d grab it.

• edited October 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@MonzoPro said:

It is a much better randomizer, which seems to be the whole draw...get something random you kinda like, and then add/remove/move notes as needed using the grid, which is big and much more user-friendly than Step Poly Arps.

Otherwise, if you're not interested in the generation feature, you're probably good with SPA.

Thanks for the feedback.

This one looks good in the vids, does look a bit more user friendly. I’ve never really got much useful stuff from the SPA randomiser.

I’ll see how much wine I drink tonight.

• edited October 2018

@MonzoPro said:

The mono mode could be a great feature for SPA.. it’s hard to ‘draw’ in notes in SPA as it is to in Riffer.. and rhe Randomizer.. but SPA has probability, etc..

Edit.. and, can’t shoot notes to specific channels here... that’s needed..

• @StormJH1 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Yeah I was surprised there was no MIDI export since the VST version showcased that feature. That would be a nice thing to add in future updates.

Gadget has MIDI export - is there a way to record or send the sequences to Gadget? I’m guessing the easiest way would be to load Gadget as IAA in AUM, and record it straight in.

• edited October 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@StormJH1 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Gadget has MIDI export - is there a way to record or send the sequences to Gadget? I’m guessing the easiest way would be to load Gadget as IAA in AUM, and record it straight in.

No problem with Gadget, no need for AUM to send sequences.
    You can also use xequence for recording and exporting midi...

• @chandroji said:

@MonzoPro said:

@StormJH1 said:

@oat_phipps said:

No problem with Gadget, no need for AUM to send sequences.
    You can also use xequence for recording and exporting midi...

Thanks matey. That makes it more interesting, could be a Friday night purchase.

• edited October 2018

I think this could get more interesting when it's Polyphonic :)
    Even though I wish it was AU, I think I'm getting it anyway and will use AU midi recorder with it....

• @Carnbot said:
    Even though I wish it was AU, I think I'm getting it anyway and will use AU midi recorder with it....

I keep seeing mention of an AU midi recorder...did I miss something or is someone making one?

• @oat_phipps said:

@Carnbot said:

I keep seeing mention of an AU midi recorder...did I miss something or is someone making one?

Yes @midiSequencer is working on one. Soon I hope.

Got this app last night and yeah, it's great. I hope it gets probability and chords though.

• .> @Carnbot said:

I hope it gets probability and chords though.

Take it to the next level :)

• edited October 2018

Oh. Just realised the save pattern feature is broken. Anyone else find this? I reload the app and the saved patterns are blank.
    I'm noticing the familiar IAA bugs today as well. But hopefully we'll get a bugfix soonish.

• iPhone version now with link.

• @Carnbot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Carnbot said:

Got this app last night and yeah, it's great. I hope it gets probability and chords though.

Oh boy! Good news that it's in his hands.

• This app also really needs a way of jamming different saved presets...

• @Carnbot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Carnbot said:

If you use this with Midiflow adapter and the ScaleBud app you can get chords ....

• edited October 2018

@Carnbot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Carnbot said:

probability relates to riffer yes? Always good to have this in a sequencer!