Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New midi sequencer app.riffer.

Comments

• @Audiomodern I can get it to work triggering AU Synths inside Cubasis and a few apps as standalone. Midi sending does seem to be fragile one minute it’s working, next it drops out currently unusable. Can get it to trigger anything sat inside AUM. Was it beta tested prior to market ?

• Is this any different to Polyhymnia in Xequence?

• Absolutely brilliant to see @audiomodern on iOS at last.
    The VST version is very competively priced too.

• On iOS 12 here. Works ok triggering Gadget.

• edited October 2018

Okay, revising my earlier comments - I got it to work, but the U.I. is still a horror show on an iPhone XS. Using the full width of the screen will help, but it may not be too useful on iPhone unless some of those buttons are enlarged.

To be clear to those reading - this is a monophonic sequencer. It's not a pure piano roll MIDI sequencer in that respect. It's useful for 303-style basslines and leads. Basically, it's like a stripped down version of Xequence that focuses on this one thing, though I will say that it's easier to get linked up with MIDI and started in Riffer.

What it really needs is AU MIDI, since we don't have anything quite like it yet on AU, except that being a monophonic sequencer of this type, it's much closer to Rozeta Bassline than I realized when I purchased it. I suppose it would be easier to program your own notes with a layout like this, provided the sizing/design issues are addressed. (Also, it currently works as a standalone MIDI app, whereas Rozeta needs to "housed").

• Great.. wonder how much is the vst version?

• @RajahP said:

Great.. wonder how much is the vst version?

It's 39Euro intro, going up to 49

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Audiomodern I can get it to work triggering AU Synths inside Cubasis and a few apps as standalone. Midi sending does seem to be fragile one minute it’s working, next it drops out currently unusable. Can get it to trigger anything sat inside AUM. Was it beta tested prior to market ?

I can trigger most all my synths in AUM.

• @thinds said:

@RajahP said:

Cool..

• So it’s got IAPP.. Hmm..Gonna try it w Sampletank

• @thinds said:

@RajahP said:

Interesting do you know if the iOS App price is also an intro. Maybe you can tell when the intro offer ends? Would be nice to know, waiting with purchase for some more knowledge as ie will it become AU and of course some video reviews.

• @Telstar5 said:
    So it’s got IAPP.. Hmm..Gonna try it w Sampletank

What is IAPP?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Audiomodern Can’t get it to trigger bugger all at present iOS 12 Bug ?

Working fine for me in AUM. iOS 12. Start it from within AUM. When I had it open standalone and then started it in AUM it wouldn't work.

• @greengrocer said:

@thinds said:

@RajahP said:

Interesting do you know if the iOS App price is also an intro. Maybe you can tell when the intro offer ends? Would be nice to know, waiting with purchase for some more knowledge as ie will it become AU and of course some video reviews.

Sorry, no idea. Just saw the price on their website when I bought the VST.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@kobamoto said:
    geared towards any particular kind of music?

dude, it's a riffer. you know, for when you need some riffage

thought it was a port from their desktop which does import samples I believe....
    oh well maybe they'll implement it later

• it's very esthetically pleasing

• @StormJH1
    Basically, it's like a stripped down version of Xequence that focuses on this one thing

It is a stripped down version of Xequence's Pianoroll Editor is probably what you meant :D

• @StormJH1 said:
    To be clear to those reading - this is a monophonic sequencer. It's not a pure piano roll MIDI sequencer in that respect. It's useful for 303-style basslines and leads. Basically, it's like a stripped down version of Xequence that focuses on this one thing, though I will say that it's easier to get linked up with MIDI and started in Riffer.

Riffer is producing mono Riffs but one of its upcoming updates is Polyphonic mode.

• edited October 2018

My favourite midi-riffer is Xynthesizr (sometimes combined with StepPolyArp Unit)...

• Thanks for the video. I'm having fun with this. I'd like to see more Motion modes. It would also be cool if there was an option to save each random pattern in order to able to go back to them and use as-is or edit them.

• Yes it is fun I reset my iPad and redownload the app and things seem to be working now.

• @anickt said:
    It would also be cool if there was an option to save each random pattern in order to able to go back to them and use as-is or edit them.

Ah. Interesting. Thought this would have been part of the thing already....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:
    It would also be cool if there was an option to save each random pattern in order to able to go back to them and use as-is or edit them.

Ah. Interesting. Thought this would have been part of the thing already....

If there is I missed it.

• @anickt said:

Thanks for the video. I'm having fun with this. I'd like to see more Motion modes. It would also be cool if there was an option to save each random pattern in order to able to go back to them and use as-is or edit them.

Set it to record in Xequence then let it run for 4 mins. Go into Xequence and grab what you like.

• @Chaztrip said:

@anickt said:

Thanks for the video. I'm having fun with this. I'd like to see more Motion modes. It would also be cool if there was an option to save each random pattern in order to able to go back to them and use as-is or edit them.

Set it to record in Xequence then let it run for 4 mins. Go into Xequence and grab what you like.

Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes... Thanks! B)

• This will be ideal fodder for the new AU midi recorder in the works :). Although I'm tempted, think I'll wait to see how this develops.

• edited October 2018

@anickt said:

@Chaztrip said:

@anickt said:

Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes... Thanks! B)

Could definitely see the utility of a "back" button next to the infinity button that would turn off infinity mode and reload whatever was previously in the buffer. Hit back again to keep going. Along with something like Rozeta's eight storage slots or Quantum's Versions so that you can store things you like and then load/trigger them for performance.

• If this was a MIDI AU I'd jump on it just because the UI looks so lovely for entering notes. As a stand alone app, I'm not sure what this does that isn't already covered by Quantum or Rozeta.