Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix: big update incoming

Comments

• @Janosax said:

This is a 7 Plus, really a good size for most iOS music apps :)

Thanks, I'm waiting for the Xr to drop in the stores to check it out as it can hold as much 'stuff' on the screen as the XS Max but uses 2x assets, meaning RAM usage will be lower on the device and since my eyes are not super duper the 326dpi won't bother me at all. It's the same as iPhone 8 and iPhone 5 and I don't even see individual pixels on those :D

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:

@Janosax said:

This is a 7 Plus, really a good size for most iOS music apps :)

Thanks, I'm waiting for the Xr to drop in the stores to check it out as it can hold as much 'stuff' on the screen as the XS Max but uses 2x assets, meaning RAM usage will be lower on the device and since my eyes are not super duper the 326dpi won't bother me at all. It's the same as iPhone 8 and iPhone 5 and I don't even see individual pixels on those :D

Lol, yes XR seems to be the best price/performance/screen option, only thing missing is 3D Touch for MPE instruments like VOLT or Roli Noise. 3 Gb ram seems to be good enough, it’s like on 7 Plus and I’ve never had any issues with ram.

• wait.... so this will essentially make it possible to have sends in audiobus?

• edited October 2018

I dont have ApeMatrix but feel it is about to become insanely useful for me soon but have no idea how specifically...

• Yes it adds a mixbus ability to hosts like Audiobus and Cubasis as well as apeMatrix. Perhaps not as convenient to use as a built in bus of course but very useful in different setups :)

• This AU works flawlessly in Audiobus, basically this is apeMatrix inside AB B) For advanced sound design ApeM matrices workflow, routing and LFO capabilities are unbeatable, and Send Receive AU will push things ever further with two A/B matrices busses + added AU 16 busses!! Endless experimentations. AB, GB, Cubasis, all AU hosts will also benefit from this AU. It’s a big gift to iOS musicians community IMO :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ohhhhh that’s perfect. thank you. i can’t wait for it to come through the apple mill > @Carnbot said:

Yes it adds a mixbus ability to hosts like Audiobus and Cubasis as well as apeMatrix. Perhaps not as convenient to use as a built in bus of course but very useful in different setups :)

• Could you route AB2 into apeMatrix into AUM into AB3 back into apeMatrix across to AB2 back over to AUM into AB3 and out through GarageBand?

• @u0421793 said:
    Could you route AB2 into apeMatrix into AUM into AB3 back into apeMatrix across to AB2 back over to AUM into AB3 and out through GarageBand?

No-Go as far as I've understood it due to iOS Sandboxing...

• @u0421793 said:
    Could you route AB2 into apeMatrix into AUM into AB3 back into apeMatrix across to AB2 back over to AUM into AB3 and out through GarageBand?

Then out of GarageBand & sampled into BM3?

• @d4d0ug said:
    If this does what I think it does we’ll be able to route aux to aux in BM3..... nice!

I tried in Stagelight beta and I can route from aux to aux ;)

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:

@u0421793 said:

No-Go as far as I've understood it due to iOS Sandboxing...

Yes that don’t works from app to app.

• @Carnbot said:
    The cat's out of the bag :)
    To some it won't be so significant, but to others it's quite a big thing.

That's pretty damn decent to me and far more useful.

• Also, some of you are so damn funny! :lol: Had the hardest laugh I've had in ages from this thread.

• haha i keep refreshing the app store repeatedly seeing if the update is out yet ;)

• @Iso said:

@u0421793 said:

Then out of GarageBand & sampled into BM3?

Crom... yes... very interested in the BM3 routey side... ...mmm

• Heh... I've been using the beta so long I forgot it wasn't actually the current release. Yes, it's a substantial update. there's also a new global mixer for on/off and level for each matrix... which is really handy and cool for mixing the 3 matrix arrangements live.

Lots of interface layout tweaks too that will likely go unnoticed, but make for an overall cleaner user experience.

• @skiphunt said:
    Heh... I've been using the beta so long I forgot it wasn't actually the current release. Yes, it's a substantial update. there's also a new global mixer for on/off and level for each matrix... which is really handy and cool for mixing the 3 matrix arrangements live.

Lots of interface layout tweaks too that will likely go unnoticed, but make for an overall cleaner user experience.

There is also multi output audio recording for each matrix, midi routing saving in presets, AU V-meters...

• @u0421793 said:

yes... Now hear the word of the Lord!

• @Janosax said:

@skiphunt said:
    Heh... I've been using the beta so long I forgot it wasn't actually the current release. Yes, it's a substantial update. there's also a new global mixer for on/off and level for each matrix... which is really handy and cool for mixing the 3 matrix arrangements live.

There is also multi output audio recording for each matrix, midi routing saving in presets, AU V-meters...

Yes! All-in-all... a significant update from the last public one fo' shizzle :)

• Yes multi routing for Audio interfaces and also multi channel audio recording, including a 6 channel audio file option makes this even better for working with. The matrix mixer is really useful and having a master effect on each Matrix is the icing on the cake too :)

• It will probably lead to interesting phase issues and latencies depending on which order the host renders those plugin instances :) But for cases not sensitive to such issues, it's a cool technique!

• @RockySmalls said:

@u0421793 said:

I guess as long as your audio knows when to turn left, otherwise you could be stuck on that roundabout for a while !

• The confusing thing about setting this up is the AUv3 icon doesn't show the bus name though. Otherwise it adds some great functionality to apeMatrix and Audiobus etc :)

You also need to take care with feedback.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@u0421793 said:

I guess as long as your audio knows when to turn left, otherwise you could be stuck on that roundabout for a while !

if by ‘roundabout’ you mean ‘feedback loop’ then i personally don’t mind... the kids can keep themselves occupied singing..
    “ dem apps, dem apps, dem AU apps!”

• ApeMatrix is quickly becoming a favorite app of mine. At first it was this funky and powerful enigma to me. But since spending time with it and watching @Daveypoo videos it is less enigma and more power machine. Once you get the basics down it yields great results. I haven't even gotten into some of the deep deep parts of it yet and here comes this major update (upgrade?). Wow. This dev is on fire.