Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What do you want to learn?

I'm getting older and I have a lot of experience at a wide range of music and production, but I need to find a niche. I also have an uncanny ability to learn things quickly that some people take a long time to get good at and I know there are plenty of those people here too, so I'm not bragging. What I'm having a hard time figuring out, is what there is a demand for learning, and that hasn't also been saturated.

Even though I'm a guitarist, I'm comfortable doing stuff with no guitar involved, but also it is something electronic musicians are often not familiar with, how to fit that in with what their doing, so I try to use that as a way to do stuff nobody else is, to not be like everyone else, not because I'm insistent that guitar is so cool that every genre of music must have some in it...

So a friend of mine who owns a music school said "You can't teach people what you would want to learn if you were them, or only what you like, but need to cater to the student. " I already knew this, but haven't figured out the best place in this community to be useful. I've jumping up and down and saying "This is what I'm good at, what I have to offer!" without actually making a list of things I know how to do, but showing , one at a time, things I can do or do well, doesn't seem to inspire any requests or direction so that I can be more useful for what people actually want or need. I don't need my ego boosted or to be told I'm good. That's not at all my motivation. I actually want to help people, because I have a knack for certain things.

Can anyone tell me, what people are dying to learn where someone like me could help and become a good teacher....in this ios arena?

Comments

• edited October 2018

This is not so much something I want to learn myself, but I've heard this in too many compositions by folks here. Most of the time, drums and percussion are atonal or ambiguously tonal. And it is a bit of a distraction for me when I hear some percussive sound that is off key of the song. Usually, when I hear this, I think it wasn't intended as a tonal aspect at all, it was just, eh often a 'cowbell' or 'tom' that is a clear pitch to me.

So there are lots of ways to fix this of course a) tune the dern thing. b) modulate it so it is unclear.

I'm mostly working with Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM or making samples in Tremor and importing to iPad. Those all have easy tools to do this, but perhaps a modern explanation of something like this
    https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/synthesizing-percussion

done with iOS tools.

I think that would be helpful to people.

Or maybe it is my little pet peeve and no one cares. ha.

• My advice is:

Get your own goal and build an strategy. Then fit what others need which goes in the same or similar direction. That way you can avoid help others in things you don’t like or almost reach the point were you will feel so confident to set a price for that effort. If not you can end hating teach and it will be your own fault due wrong goal or strategy.

So instead ask for what people need, which is ok, ask for what they need related to that you want

• What a beautiful post!

• Start with the thing that vexed you most and go from there by moving to adjacent topics or breaking it down further

Ex: composition - not just how to move from chord to chord using cadences but what makes a song emotional - sad angry happy is it the key, pacing, phrasing…

Just an idea :)
    Good to see you again mr bed head

• @GabriellaBri said:
    I have wanted to learn to play the guitar for a long time. But because of my studies I don't have time for that.

Start by learning to play the guitar for a short time, then build up from there

• @u0421793 said:

@GabriellaBri said:
    I have wanted to learn to play the guitar for a long time. But because of my studies I don't have time for that.

Start by learning to play the guitar for a short time, then build up from there

😂 Nice way to start a Saturday night off.

• This was a cruel Zombie thread. I thought the @bedheadproducer was active here again.

I’d like to learn a little Brain Surgery or Rocket Science to see if it’s really all that hard… but there’s too much good streaming content available on my iPhone. Maybe Medical School with come to YouTube and I can prove it’s really hard because it’s really boring…. Hours and hours of little details that build upon each other. Like Maths.