Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally finished my music video for "Where's Your Head At"

So this was a very ambitious video for me. I put in a lot of time to try to make it entertaining, musically and visually(over two weeks) and true to my nickname, I made most of it.....in bed. Much of the video is from the perspective of me laying in bed, but I pretty much disguised that most of the time. This is 99 percent done on IOS, including all the CGI and AR and video effects. It took me forever because I didn't know what I was doing or have any kind of plan. I winged it, like I pretty much do everything. There are a lot of tricks I learned though, so if you have any questions, I'll gladly explain. I also gave Audiobus a couple free plugs!!! See if you notice. This video also introduces my dog Ace, a 120 lb. Sheppard mix who is just trying to chill and keeps getting pestered by robots, monsters and aliens. And the government keeps trying to blow me up, so I am the master of disguise. I'm a fat cop, a chef, and probably 70 other characters. I hope you guys dig it....again, this is my attempt to promote the awesome things one can do using mainly IOS, so pass it around and tell the doubters who don't think it's worth using......that's absolute bullshit. :) After this, back to tutorials for awhile.

Comments

• Just found out, that basement Jaxx Label, XL is part of the merlin beggars group, basically the largest independent label conglomerate and they have monetized my video so only they can make money off it. Now there is a group that is on top of things. It took them less than a week to find me.

• Very clever! I’m always amazed at just how much is possible on these devices in the right hands! 👍🏻

• Lol well done. Love that song, your rendition was awesome. My god that is some filter-fu, your iOS editing game is strong!

• @icsleepers said:
    Lol well done. Love that song, your rendition was awesome. My god that is some filter-fu, your iOS editing game is strong!

Why thank you! It's all stuff I learned on desktop now I'm just applying those techniques with one hand tied behind my back, so I have to be a little more clever, Ie No automatic crossfades in Cubasis, no audio quantize, and moving notes around you your finger instead of a mouse can be a pain in the ass, oops, too high, oops too low, fuck...lol. But I'm getting better at it and find ways to not make those kind of mistakes over and over.

• @Nu2moro said:
    Very clever! I’m always amazed at just how much is possible on these devices in the right hands! 👍🏻

Thank you!
    I love showing pessimists that there is way more to these contraptions than meets the eye. The way I do that is to push the limit at all times.

I did that on desktops for years. People told me, VSTs will never replace synths. Computer hard disk recording is inferior to expensive tape machines and a studio, blah blah blah. Tell that to Skrillex or Dead Maus...

I hear the same naysaying bullshit with every new generation of tech. CDs will never replace vinyl, mp3s will never replace cds, I can't say I can totally predict the future, but I've learned to keep an open mind.

I used to be like them, but about musicians. I was like Bon Jovi? They are no beatles or Led Zepplin…., Guns and Roses? a second rate Aerosmith, Poison, Motley Crue? They are never gonna make it. From those false predictions, I learned to keep my mouth shut and just pay attention...lol. Btw I like things about all those bands now....not that I'm a giant fan of even the classics..., I guess I like all good bands almost equally but not fanatically...those days are gone with my youth.

My favorite band of all time was first AC/DC, then Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, but most of all, King's X, after that Infected Mushroom are God's to me. Everyone else is pretty good, but doesn't impress me like those last two I mentioned. I guess I should also mention Daft Punk and Crystal Method. They are also amazing to me...but I don't have all their albums. I get inspired quickly if musicians are good and run away and write shit and then lose track of their careers....lol.

• edited October 2018

Hi Marc, really good video. It is truly fortunate you lost your foot instead of your head in that motorcycle accident... Though "Where's Your Foot At? might be more appropriate in your case.

Go list yourself on the Best IOS music thread. You have my vote.