Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ios keyboard

I know on logic and GarageBand you can use the typing keyboard as a piano. I wonder and maybe its just me but i like that option on my cpu so i dont have to drag a usb piano around. Would it be that hard to have that on a ios app?

Comments

• There are several apps that show a "real" piano keyboard, pads, or isomorphic and hex-shaped layouts.
    What advantage would it give you if you could use an ASCII keyboard?

• Get a korg microkey air keyboard

• @rs2000 said:
    What advantage would it give you if you could use an ASCII keyboard?

a tons better tactile experience

• @stormywaterz check out the app SideCar You get at least two octaves, though my feeling is you can probably get more. I just got it recently and haven’t really done much with it yet.

• I’m not a keyboard player but I can type so my fingers recognize that easier and I use the iPad keyboard a lot and I travel a lot so if I could just use my iPad cover keyboard that would easier. Plus saves battery and if still have my lightning cable to charge and use headphones at the same time. Yes I know I headphone port but I’m using iPhone X headphones. And the keyboard will always be with me.

• edited October 2018

There's a fundamental problem that can't be solved in-app, I believe. If I understand correctly, ios doesn't recognize a signal analogous to "note-off" from ascii keyboards (that, or the keyboards don't send it). So, while you could use the keyboard to play a note (through ascii to midi conversion, which I believe sidecar does...), releasing the key you press won't result in the note stopping... .you'll just be in the sustain phase indefinitely.

EDIT:
    From Sidecar in App Store:
    "The two lowest rows of keys are mapped as a standard piano keyboard, providing a musical play surface with an ordinary text keyboard. Note that QWERTY keyboards only send "key press" information to your iPad -- to silence a sounding note, you simply tap the space bar."

• SunVox and a wireless Bluetooth ascii keyboard. Logitech makes nice ones.

• @audiblevideo can sunvox control other synths? And how many octaves do you get?

• edited October 2018

SunVox module properties —> MIDI OUT
    Pick synth and channel
    Octaves? Many :p

• I guess we need an even smaller nanoKEY :)

• I play most of my tracks also on a normal keyboard as midi input since i´m too lazy to connect a midi device.
    I asked already here if it´s possible to use one of the iPad keyboards as midi input (like Logic let me do).
    While you mainly get an on/off here only i still can play much better and more expressive than i ever could do on my iPad or iPhone (beside i play mono melodies via an app like Animoog or playing pads with at best 4 notes etc.)
    There are some nice tricks/short cuts you can use to really play nicely on a normal keyboard.
    With certain tools it´s even better for me than using my Seaboard Rise.
    So i would like to ask again if i could connect a keyboard (maybe Apple´s overpriced even) to an iPads and use it as midi keyboard with tactile feedback. This is the most important thing...tactile feedback.
    A multi-touch screen (especially with 3D touch) is wonderful as control device and visual feedback but really sucks for me for live playing even simple melodies. Of course like mentioned, apps like ThumbJam and Animoog f.e. are outstanding here but it´s more of a happy accident playing via a scale for me rather a thing i really want and feels it´s mine.
    At the end there are many ways and iPads actually could have the pro that it can do booth at the same time.
    If you investigate, there are really a lot ways these days to achieve great results and performances.
    I just start to really dig into multi-touch playing and performing via my trackpad on my macbook and using at the same time the keyboard as tactile feedback.
    I would like to do the same on an iPad.....