Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it me, or is it Auria?

Can someone explain why this happens: I open Audiobus, choose Auria as the destination, choose any input app (iGrand in my example), and instead of one track opening I have two new tracks created in Auria. This happens on new blank projects or existing ones. I’m hoping I have a setting wrong. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

I couldn’t reproduce it. But then I tried adding a mono track first, followed by doing what you said, and it opened up two tracks. I think it’s taking the default from the last track you added. Try adding a stereo track (you can delete it right afterward), then see what happens when you repeat what you did.

• Ask myself that question most days

• Thanks, I tried it with no change. I always use stereo tracks whenever I can, no idea why. In my test example I opened a new project in Auria with zero tracks, then connected an app thru AB. No interface in this test, although it does the same thing on my iTrack dock. Never happens on any other DAW.

• Beats me then. Thats the only way I can reproduce it.

• Looks like a straightforward bug - best thing to do would be to report it on the Auria forum. In the meantime you can use IAA to record instead of AB.

• wimwim
    edited October 2018

@richardyot said:
    Looks like a straightforward bug - best thing to do would be to report it on the Auria forum. In the meantime you can use IAA to record instead of AB.

Straightforward? It doesn’t happen to me. Does it to you? Unless it’s readily reproducible it’s not straightforward.

• @wim said:

@richardyot said:
    Looks like a straightforward bug - best thing to do would be to report it on the Auria forum. In the meantime you can use IAA to record instead of AB.

Straightforward? It doesn’t happen to me. Does it to you? Unless it’s readily reproducible it’s not straightforward.

Yes I tested it before posting.

1. Create a new empty project in Auria
    2. Close Auria, Open AB3
    3. Launch Auria in an output slot from AB
    4. In the input I added SampleTank (because noisehorse mentioned iGrand, so I used another IK app as I no longer have iGrand installed).
    5. Go to Auria: there are two stereo tracks created and record-enabled
  • I’m not happy that it’s happening, but I’m glad I’m not the only case. I’ve already posted it on the Auria forum. Thanks you very much to @wim and @richardyot for digging in to it.

• Does it also happen with Audiobus 2?

• @theconnactic said:
    Does it also happen with Audiobus 2?

Yes it happens consistently for me with both Audiobus recipes.

• It’s not happening in my case right now, but it used to happen almost consistently in previous versions of Auria/Audiobus...