Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PROTEIN JAM SESSION (Genre: House-ish) w/ MV08, Xynthesizr and Ripplemaker

Hey, check out my improv jam session making the most out of my iPad Air 1, with MV08 for drums and Xynthesizr for the lead, the bass(ish) and an arpeggiated pattern via Rozetta Suite to Ripplemaker.
They're hosted by Audiobus 3 routed to AUM with separated channels and buses for different FX from Audio Damage, FAC and Imaginando. AUM also handles MIDI controls from Novation Launch Control.
For whatever reason, when I try recording the performance's audio with AUM, I enter CRACKLE CITY (old iPad on iOS 12 I guess) so the iPad jack is wired to a Zoom H2 for recording.

Recording my sessions is a new thing I'm trying, so feedback is welcomed.
Cheers

Comments

• @ph8aerror Top-notch video. Would subscribe. That was totally enthralling. And the creative muting of the MV08 totally makes it. Questions: What is the Launchcontrol, uh, controlling? How did you set it up in AUM? And what is sequencing the Ripplemaker? Or is that its built-in sequencer.
    Great job.

• What a track. Beauty. And MV08 sounds killer in this! Nice one.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @ph8aerror Top-notch video. Would subscribe. That was totally enthralling. And the creative muting of the MV08 totally makes it. Questions: What is the Launchcontrol, uh, controlling? How did you set it up in AUM? And what is sequencing the Ripplemaker? Or is that its built-in sequencer.
    Great job.

Thanks man.

Lemme try to explain. I'll prob draw a diagram later to map it out, but basically, Audiobus is at the top and directly hosts Xynth (IAA) and also hosts two split audio channels of MVO8 (IAA). So that's 3 channels. Those 3 are sent to AUM. Each of those channels in AUM have LP and/or HP filters, compressors and return buses with separate reverb and delay.

If you are familiar with how Xynthesizr works, I used one of its output midi channels to route a part of its sequence into an instance of Rozetta ARP (AUv3) hosted in AUM. That signal from ARP creates the pattern that is then sent to an instance of Ripplemaker (AUv3) hosted AUM also. Ripplemaker's audio has LP filter and a reverb bus.

The LaunchControl manages the things I can't see or things that are too cumbersome to control via the screen. The LaunchControl's first 5 rows of knobs and buttons control parameters on 5 channels of AUM, while it's last 2 rows control Xynthesizr's filter cut-off, filter reso, filter sustain and amp sustain.

The AUM control is quite simple but deep at the same time, with buttons, when pressed, send some rotary controls on AUM to a predetermined value instead of using a conventional potentiometer. Thus why I sometimes semi-kill the low frequencies on the drum (seems like muting the kick, but i'm not really) so quickly and easily with one button. I also have a button to activate a delay on a return.

Finally, as you can see in the vid, I mute parts of MV08 for variations via the touchscreen. I also have a "Random Selector" active in Xynth for that part where there is a kinda breakdown in the middle of the track.

Honestly, Xyth, MV08 and AUM are my ultimate FAV for these things. And yes... Audiobus3 brings it all together.

Hope that helps.

• @gusgranite said:
    What a track. Beauty. And MV08 sounds killer in this! Nice one.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

• Amazing work. And thanks for sharing your workflow
    This is instalike and instasubscribe :wink:

• Enjoyed that 😃🙏🏻